Gogamer 48 hr madness The Witcher $30, Company of Heroes $13 + shipping

Yes, both CoH and Witcher are two of the best games I've played recently. Witcher is very long and quite enjoyable (it's a sleeper hit to me). Company of Heroes is perhaps the best RTS ever made, and really raised the bar to how other RTS games are being measured. Definitely a must-buy whether you're an RTS fan or a military buff.

I just got CoH with my new 8800GT and, wow, it totally raises the bar for the RTS genre.

"The Witcher" looks great, but with so much else on my gaming plate, I'm going to wait until it drops to $20 or less.

Anyway, thanks for the post!

Bah! This is like the 3rd order I've made from gogamer in the last 2 weeks. These PC deals are just too good.

Regarding "The Witcher", I've also heard that it's a great game. But when the storyline starts with The game tells the story of Geralt the Witcher, who at the beginning of the game suffers from amnesia., I'm thinking "not another story that hinges on the amnesia thing..."

Great deal, for sure, I'm just trying to justify the plunge. :)

The Witcher is worth twice the price, I tried to hold out for a GoGamer deal on it (I knew it would happen eventually), but I caved and bought it for full price and enjoyed it immensely.

[quote name='Razorguts']Regarding "The Witcher", I've also heard that it's a great game. But when the storyline starts with The game tells the story of Geralt the Witcher, who at the beginning of the game suffers from amnesia., I'm thinking "not another story that hinges on the amnesia thing..."

Great deal, for sure, I'm just trying to justify the plunge. :)[/QUOTE]

Witcher's one of the best RPG's since Planescape: Torment.

About the amnesia part, it's here and there in the main quest.
But, it's more of a side quest story -- you don't have to follow that side quest line for Amnesia side quests.

The real main story here is this...

After secrets are stolen from a base of Witchers (on basically how they can become one), Geralt is trying to take down Salamandra (a gang), that him and his friends believe may have been involved with taking the "Witcher's secrets." And he's trying to find out why humans are being experimented on to become mutants just like Geralt.

Of course, that's a VERY brief summary of what the game's about, w/out letting loose any spoilers or anything...

So, how much is shipping? I'd be tempted to create a GoGamer account for that CoH deal if the shipping was free. But I can get it for $18 total on Amazon.

[quote name='Archon29']So, how much is shipping? I'd be tempted to create a GoGamer account for that CoH deal if the shipping was free. But I can get it for $18 total on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
$2.59 is the cheapest shipping option.

[quote name='VidPower']$2.59 is the cheapest shipping option.[/QUOTE]

Right.

Also, keep in mind, that one $2.59 charge is for a MAXIMUM for TWO games ordered from Gogamer.

I order from Gogamer A LOT.
They're great.

I believe that there was some nudity removed as well as some more "adult" language. I have the US version and I'm enjoying it a lot. Its not like you use lollipops instead of swords or anything.

-
OP, all your links are going through qksrv so please either change them to direct links or remove them. You're giving people spyware.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I've heard the US version of The Witcher is censored and crap compared to the European release...anyone know about this?[/quote]

it is indeed censored, its missing nudity and a few 'naughty' words.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/censorship/no-pricks-in-the-witcher-320696.php
http://atomiculture.blogspot.com/2007/11/witcher-censored.html

If you're so inclined apparently there are even files floating around to let you un-censor the US version. I don't know if this just gives you boobs for the sex cards or makes the few nudie models (The dryad) nekkid or what. If all the censorship is is just covering up tits though, that's not really so bad. Playing the heathen foreign version so I've got nipples but even without nipples it'd be pretty damn awesome.

[quote name='MysterD']Witcher's one of the best RPG's since Planescape: Torment.
--rest of post cut--[/quote]
MysterD, thanks for the input and plot synopsis. I'm an old-school RPG'er (old squaresoft games on nintendo, and ultima (and related) games before that on PC). Not counting semi-RPG's like Deus Ex and Stalker, my only experience with any current PC RPG's is Oblivion, of which I've completed about 75%. Definitely enjoyed it, and looking forward to Fallout 3.

That being said... you think I would be a good "Witcher" candidate? :)

I played the witcher a bit, seemed rather bland to me.

COH on the other hand is great, but you might as well get opposing fronts.

does that guild wars include factions/nightfall too? (Guess not, that's pretty ass of them)

bread's done
Back