Gogamer Civilization 5 Madness deal

gamermann

CAG Veteran
Check this out you guys www.Gogamer.com is running a madness sale deal Today until Thursday. Here is some of the Great deals they are running under the 48hr madness deals.
Civilization 5 Pc New $42.90
Xbox 360 Tekken 6 bundle with Fight stick for $39.90
Eluminum Back lit Everglide TDK Keyboard for $9.90
East India For pc $2.90
Velevt Assassins pc $2.90
Patrician IV for PC $31.90
Trainz Simulator Deluxe $39.90
And Many many more deals i think they have over 40 titles on sale so hurry up as they are on a limited quantity...
Good luck

This guy has been only posting Gogamer deals. This has to straight up a certain fact.
The word "they" seems strangely weird in that original post.

By the way those prices are not good at all, sir.

So let me guess, you work for gogamer.com right gamermann? When I did a search on the forums under everything for you all I see are gogamer postings. You must be because that post practically begged up to visit your sale, was kind of sad.

While gogamer occasionally has good deals their shipping always ruins it. Where I could save 5 bucks buying from them the shipping cost makes me lose money vs buying it somewhere else.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']
The word "they" seems strangely weird in that original post.[/QUOTE]

Strange how? Gogamer is a they because its more than just one person running that place.

[quote name='gargus']
Strange how? Gogamer is a they because its more than just one person running that place.[/QUOTE]

I was expecting "we" but we all get it.

[quote name='gargus']So let me guess, you work for gogamer.com right gamermann? When I did a search on the forums under everything for you all I see are gogamer postings. You must be because that post practically begged up to visit your sale, was kind of sad.

While gogamer occasionally has good deals their shipping always ruins it. Where I could save 5 bucks buying from them the shipping cost makes me lose money vs buying it somewhere else.

Strange how? Gogamer is a they because its more than just one person running that place.[/QUOTE]

GoGamer has at least one or two official employees that openly post here. There's no reason why somebody else would be doing it stealthily.

[quote name='Monroeski']GoGamer has at least one or two official employees that openly post here. There's no reason why somebody else would be doing it stealthily.[/QUOTE]

This. Tired of the GoGamer hate on here. They aren't as important as they were with Steam, etc., but for retail packaged games, they are about it for PC gamers.

For the most part there shipping is $2.99 with minor reductions per game. Thats not too bad, honestly. Not as good as free of course, but still...

with shipping....no. There are so many places where I have credit like GS and Amazon. Gogamer IS awesome for random PC games for dirt cheap though...and they do pretty recent games at sub-$5 all the time

[quote name='happydogs']It is until you add $8 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yep. My thoughts exactly. That is the problem with Gogamer.com... their deals seem awesome and then the shipping gets added in and ruins it. Same thing with the Xbox 360 Tekken Bundle with wireless fight stick...

$39.99!! Awesome!!!

or not!!

Items Subtotal: $39.90
Estimated Shipping: $11.99

Estimated Total: $51.89

Amazon now has the Xbox 360 Tekken 6 bundle for $45 with free 2 day shipping, if you have Prime. The funny thing is, had it not been for Gogamers shipping price, I wouldve never found the Amazon deal. So, thank you Gogamer. :)

I am not busting on Gogamer, I understand it costs money to ship this stuff, though I do fault them for their game shipping prices, as you could ship 10 games for $8 through USPS Priority Mail... yet they charge $2 or so a game. Hence the reason I havent bought anything from them in quite some time. If they would throw the games in the box with the Tekken 6 bundle and ship them for free... I would have bought some games with it and the keyboard... but they charge you extra for items they throw in the same box... so its a no go, again, for me.

Wow, gamermann isn't even trying to defend/give an explanation for himself... Can a moderator look into it? First Gogamer, then bestbuy, then gamestop, its a conspiracy! Uh oh, now I sound like the paranoid one. lol

[quote name='happydogs']It is until you add $8 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Still a good deal with shipping. Under $20 for a slick keyboard powered by Razer. Still worth it for me.

[quote name='chelleshock1219']Ohmigosh! Great deal on Civ V! I've been anticipating this game for a while.

Just bought my copy of Halo: Reach as well.

Thanks GoGamer! :D[/QUOTE]

Haha that's this guys only post... Can you say GoGamer rep supporting their own ad?

[quote name='Darknuke']Haha that's this guys only post... Can you say GoGamer rep supporting their own ad?[/QUOTE]

+1

exactly what I was thinking lol

especially with a name like : chelleshock1219

but the name is still better than iKilledChewbaca :lol::lol:

Gogamer has openly posted here before about how their price and inventory system work. They also alternate their "madness" deals between cheap-ass titles that are over a year old, and high-profile newer titles like this one that they can't discount very much. This really doesn't look like a troll to me, but if it is, it's not blatant, or obnoxious. It's just a list of deals. I have no problem with that.

$3 shipping seams reasonable. I mean, if you want a boxed copy, what are you going to do? Amazon is about the only other good alternative. at least gogamer recognizes that shipping can kill deals, and they offer a cut-rate USPS option. But it would be nice if Gogamer offered free shipping at $25, like Amazon. And simply upped the price of every game under $10 by $1 to make up for it.

Seriously, you can hate on them if you like, I suppose, but they do fill a niche. If every PC gamer just wanted digital distribution, we could just have one Steam thread that runs the weekly deals, and be done with it. I kind of like Gogamer's plucky attitude. I've purchased 3 games and 1 keyboard from them.

If this thread really is false self-promotion, and Gogamer if you're listening, I would prefer for a gogamer rep to simply say "here's the deals we're posting this week; thanks for looking." Like the buyer from Big Lots who used to post here (maybe she still does?). That sort of personal interaction builds a good relationship here.

Peace.

I thought for sure a gogamer rep posted here with the details of their madness sales etc? Why would they need employees posting under differen't CAG accounts?

The guy said, "They have a deal running." If he was trying to serve in some capacity as GoGamer, it would have said, "We have a deal running." So then the question becomes, is it a GoGamer employee and, if so, why are "they" not saying so at the start?

There is some deception if this person really is a GoGamer employee. Personally, I don't care. I check these threads from GoGamer because I keep expecting one day they'll have this great deal that transcends the shipping charges, but... it so rarely happens. So very rarely. The shipping needs to be included and accounted for when they list a price. This reminds me of the mail-in rebate fiascos of Best Buy/Circuit City/CompUSA glory days. They list one price, you go out the door with another.

Give us the final price. I don't care if the final price is higher, but I just want to know what's coming out of my wallet at the end. Companies that ship for free don't really ship for free, they just build the cost right into the cost of the item. And that's why the best companies do it that way. So the consumer doesn't see one price, then have another charged.

Wise up already, GoGamer.

[quote name='Vader582']I'd be down for that Tekken bundle but the shipping does def. kill the deal.[/QUOTE]

$45 shipped, if you have Amazon Prime! That is where I bought it from.

[quote name='chelleshock1219']Ohmigosh! Great deal on Civ V! I've been anticipating this game for a while.

Just bought my copy of Halo: Reach as well.

Thanks GoGamer! :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed, nice deal on Civ 5.

[quote name='Chronicle79']Wow, gamermann isn't even trying to defend/give an explanation for himself... Can a moderator look into it? First Gogamer, then bestbuy, then gamestop, its a conspiracy! Uh oh, now I sound like the paranoid one. lol[/QUOTE]

Defending yourself against a witch hunt just gets you more grief.

On the one hand, shipping on expensive new releases is less than the tax I'd pay at a retail store or Newegg (damn NJ!). On the other hand, there's Amazon, and Kmart offers future coupons in addition to savings, and shipping really kills the cheap $2-5 games GoGamer has. That, and my friend ordered a bunch of $2-5 games, some of which arrived open. They work fine, sure, but it's a little shady.

I also noticed that Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City for DS is on sale too. Pretty cool that it comes with an art book. I've been a fan on Atlus' RPG's.

Damnit I keep seeing this post and getting excited for a Civ V deal. I keep thinking mixing go gamer up and thinking this is a new topic not the same ole costing you almost retail after shipping deal over and over again :(

Civilization 5 Steam Digital Download key at only 28.99$ available

If anyone wants to know where PM me and ill tell u.Found a site on positive feedbacks on them too

bread's done
Back