GoGamer.com 48/72hr Madness - Outfit (360) $18, Company of Heroes (DVD) $33 and more

[quote name='SAGExSDX']

Again it seems like rather than a 48 hour sale, it's a 72 hour sale (like last time). As for me, I think I might pick up The Outfit. Great price.[/QUOTE]

Might want to put the name/price of The Outfit in the thread title...just a suggestion.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Might want to put the name/price of The Outfit in the thread title...just a suggestion.[/quote]

I personally think putting Company of Heroes in would be better or at least put it with The Outfit. Just came out and is almost a $20 discount on the DVD version no less. It has recieved some stellar reviews as well and I enjoyed the demo quite a bit.

Anyways, thanks for the deal. I went ahead and grabbed Company of Heroes and The Outfit. This will just set me back for November though, oh well. :p

Is that keyboard a good deal? My current keyboard is getting old and I could use a new one. It'd be cool to have a keyboard that lights up!

edit: My friend would totally love the deal on Company of Heroes! Forgot to thank you OP!

In for Company of Heroes. I like WWII stuff but I'm kind of cold on RTS games - this seems to be stellar though so between the low price and the game quality I'll probably like it.

Edit: I think I'll pass on The Outfit. Was going to get it but decided not to. I already have too many games and I won't play this.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Can anyone who's played the Outfit give a reccomendation? The price is right, but if the game is shit, I'd rather not waste my time.[/quote]

Just Rent it. The single player is fun, but very short. The multiplayer is a BLAST IF you have a pal to play it with. I sold my Outfit because noone was online playing it. I would wait 30 minutes or more alot of the times just to play it multiplayer.

Thank you for shopping with us!

yea, i had to get that mouse, although i decided to not be a cag and upgrade the shipping a little :(. The shipping was original 2.59 and will ship in 1-2 weeks, nots its 3.99 and will ship in 3-5 days.

Outfit is a blast multiplayer, singleplayer is kinda old, co-op does help some though.

I Would highly recommend Company of Heroes, especially if you like RTS games. Destructible buildings, trees, etc... good AI. Tons of fun. There is a demo, but at 1.5gbs takes a while to get.

[quote name='madportagee']I Would highly recommend Company of Heroes, especially if you like RTS games. Destructible buildings, trees, etc... good AI. Tons of fun. There is a demo, but at 1.5gbs takes a while to get.[/QUOTE]

any comments on how well it runs on a mid-range system? I've got a 3000+/2GB RAM/6600GT but have heard conflicting reports. could be that the demo was only optimized for high-end systems.

Well I couldn't resist and bit on the Outfit. Hopefully if we can get a few CAGs to buy it we can get some XBox Live going since that seems to be where a lot of the fun is.

am i the only one who thinks the mouse is a good deal?

o well, and i really do want that keyboard, but I cant feel good about my slf spending 50 dollars on a keyboard that does the same thing as a 6 dollar one.

Picked up The Outfit. Thanks OP - good to see a 360 game below 20 that isn't Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Racerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

[quote name='robwhit1']Picked up The Outfit. Thanks OP - good to see a 360 game below 20 that isn't Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Racerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.[/quote]

dont dis on ridge racer :(

ok, i bit on the outfit as a blind buy...now to download the demo

i figure that $21 isnt bad. worst case senario i can have a good copule of hours of fun out of it

Ah darn, tommarow's pay day, guess I'll be picking up Company of Heroes.

I'm really tired of WW2 stuff but it's a Relic RTS which makes it an automatic buy to hold me over until Dark Crusade drops.

[quote name='monkeypox']any comments on how well it runs on a mid-range system? I've got a 3000+/2GB RAM/6600GT but have heard conflicting reports. could be that the demo was only optimized for high-end systems.[/QUOTE]

i gotta 3.2ghz pentium4, w/ 1 gb of ram and a nvidia 6800gt 256mb. It runs fine on mine. Had a small amount of slowdown in multiplayer when airstrikes r blowing up everything n site. Seems to run pretty well though

i researched the razer mouse a bit, it looks like it's a great mouse. i'm going to order that right now i believe.

I have the Pro Solutions Mouse. It's good, quick, smooth. At first, you have to get to your fingers being more straight than usual. Razer is notoriously bad for updating drivers & for customer support. My mouse does not always kick on after I boot up the computer (a common problem in the Razer line). Happens very, very occasionally, and all you have to do is unplug and replug the USB connection. Not a big deal, but a potential pain in the rear for some people. Changing sensitivity on-the-fly is nice, too.

I picked up that Company of Heroes game...but only because it was $33. So thanks for these tips, I guess. Still...I don't know, man. It's only a 95.3% on gamerankings.com. If that doesn't say 'bargain bid fodder', I don't know what does.

(Can't keep straight face, posts before repressed guffaw explodes.)

[quote name='madportagee']i gotta 3.2ghz pentium4, w/ 1 gb of ram and a nvidia 6800gt 256mb. It runs fine on mine. Had a small amount of slowdown in multiplayer when airstrikes r blowing up everything n site. Seems to run pretty well though[/QUOTE]

I find it amusing that most people tend to overlook that you don't have to run these games all the way up and it's still a decent looking enjoyable experience.

As far as the mouse goes for $25 I'd be all over that if I hadn't bought the blue Diamondback from them last fall when they had it for like $35. Their stuff is so great, just takes a day or so to get used to the hyper sensativity and different shape from Logitech and Microsoft stuff.

That and it doesn't match the black with blue motif I've got going.

Edit- I just looked at the page to see where the timer sat to see when I had to order by and they're all at about 55 hours as of 10:30PM (they had been at around 8). These usually end up going around a week anyway but you never know when it's actually going to be only two or three days so I just wanted to give anyone a heads up who wanted to order but couldn't do it by tonight.

I'm getting Company of Heroes. I just got a new widescreen monitor that I've been looking at for a year and the demo looks amazing on it. I'm actually really excited about it, even though it's a WWII game, I don't know how that is possible. I might just finish Brothers in Arms since I'm already going to be playing another WWII game.

As for the razer mous, 25 bucks isn't that much, but I'm not a fan of the diamondback or razer mice in general. Not liking the diamondback is just preference, I prefer the mx300/g3 shape. Not liking razer has to do with terrible drivers and their history of problems with mice (the pro solutions one does not have the problems the first generations of diamondbacks did, so if you like the shape you're golden). 25 bucks is hard to beat, but I got my diamondback LE for free (as part of a tournament) and I just didn't like it. The side rails are just too annoying. I'm like hardcore into mice so take what I say with a grain of salt; you may just think it's the perfect mouse.

Well bah, I paid the bit extra for the slightly better shipping (since their dirt cheap shipping went up from last time I ordered from them) and it hasn't even shipped yet.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I got my copy of The Outfit today. I can't believe how fast their cheapest shipping is.[/QUOTE]

Ordered on Thursday and received today paying for Priority Mail for shipping...I could've just cheaped it but with the problems I've been having receiving my regular mail, I had to do this to make sure I got it.....

i got home from work and had the outfit waiting for me. Havent played yet but wow...im definatly going to buy from gogamer again

bread's done
Back