GoGamer.com, are there X-Box original games legit?

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!
I ordered a bundle from them, some time ago.
They all had those Microsoft stickers on them.
As I recall, there were at least two designs, of stickers. They
were basically the same, with the second being
wider (I think. It was about 6 months ago), and
a couple of the details were slightly different.
A few of them had a different kind of wrapping.
It was the kind that results with the "ears" near
the ends of the seal seams. I know that they
are old games, which would explain the low prices.
I was paranoid that they were resealing open games.
Has anyone ordered from them before? No one ever suggested
that GoGamer was doing such, just the really low prices,
and cheaper wrapping, on a couple of the games.

The cheapest ones were about $5 each.

gogamer doesn't sell resealed games. they are bought as retail as they can be.

what probably happened was that you bought the I version, international version or such that might have different wrapping.

"..they are bought as retail..."
So, GoGamer.com buys games from retail shops?

By looking at the box, what is the indication that it
is the 'international version'?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Dude who cares... do the games have scratches on them? No? Then what's the big deal?[/QUOTE]

If he's paying for new games, then he wants to be sure he's receiving new games. I see nothing wrong with that.

OP, some new XBox games had the "cheap" type of cellophane shrinkwrap. GoGamer seem like a legit site, so I think you're good.

[quote name='PhrostByte']So.. he should look at the back of the discs, and check whether or not they're new.[/QUOTE]

Even Gamestop can get in and keep some used games scratch free, but they still can reseal the games, even though selling them AS NEW would fuck up their inventory.

However, it still does NOT make those games NEW. As long as the games are mint/complete, I venture that many resellers list shrinkwrapped games as 'new/sealed' and many of us unwittingly have bought them without knowing.

[quote name='Josef']If he's paying for new games, then he wants to be sure he's receiving new games. I see nothing wrong with that.

OP, some new XBox games had the "cheap" type of cellophane shrinkwrap. GoGamer seem like a legit site, so I think you're good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't know about the "cheap" wrapping. I figured that
since there was the sticker, that it was good.

[quote name='PhrostByte']So.. he should look at the back of the discs, and check whether or not they're new.[/QUOTE]

When I got my order, of 22 games @ $10 each on average,
most of them had the fancy flat wrapping, but a couple had
the cheaper wrapping. Everyone had the M$ sticker. If I recall
correctly, Spy Hunter 2 had the cheap wrapping, and there
was a single fingerprint on the back side of the disc.

Some time ago, from some other retailer, I got something.
I think that the product was from M$. It had a fingerprint
on it. I figured that in the factory, someone was just clumsy.
I don't recall what it was, where it came from, or when I got
it.

Other than the single fingerprint, and the couple of games with
the cheaper wrapping, everything else was great.

[quote name='xycury']gogamer doesn't sell resealed games. they are bought as retail as they can be.

what probably happened was that you bought the I version, international version or such that might have different wrapping.[/QUOTE]

I don't quite understand the second part of your first sentence.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Even Gamestop can get in and keep some used games scratch free, but they still can reseal the games, even though selling them AS NEW would fuck up their inventory.

However, it still does NOT make those games NEW. As long as the games are mint/complete, I venture that many resellers list shrinkwrapped games as 'new/sealed' and many of us unwittingly have bought them without knowing.[/QUOTE]

If he can't even tell, what difference does it make? As long as there's no scratches on the disc, he'll be fine.

[quote name='DarkRider23']First, DD, and now GoGamer. You are WAY too paranoid Glass.[/QUOTE]

I guess that I can be, sometimes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'].
However, it still does NOT make those games NEW. As long as the games are mint/complete, I venture that many resellers list shrinkwrapped games as 'new/sealed' and many of us unwittingly have bought them without knowing.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that companies need to have security seals on all games and use 1 kind of shrinkwrap. The worst was with Gamecube where half the games it seemed had thin heatwrap type shrinkwrap.

It is the same on 360, DS and PSP. Some games have the thicker cellophane, others don't.

It makes it impossible to tell if a game is resealed or not. Rockband for the PSP just came out this week and I ordered it online and it had the thin shrinkwrap. I doubt it was a re-wrap but it is fusturating not knowing for sure.

bread's done
Back