GoGamer.com Labor Day Madness Up!

GoGamer.com - Jason

Official Representative
Hey guys,

Just a heads up. GoGamer will be launching a BIG Labor day Weekend Madness tomorrow night Thursday, 9/3/09 and running it through the long weekend. I think it's the biggest we've ever run. Lots of low prices.

Ok here it is. Prices have been entered, but may not appear for a few more minutes. Holiday sales like this absolutely swamp our shipping dept. so please try to hang in there if your package takes a couple days to ship.

The newsletter will be out in a little bit. Also, before anyone says it, sorry but on the super low priced items I cannot offer free shipping. If we did I'd be in the unemployment line. ;) Help us make some room for the new games coming in Q4'.

http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId544567VVviewcat.htm

FragFX V2 w/ Call of Duty 4 for PS3 $89.90
FragFX V2 STANDARD EDITION w/ Call of Duty 4 for PS3 $79.90
Aion with PlayNC 60 Day Time Card Bundle for PC $61.90
Birds of Prey for Xbox 360 $44.90
Birds of Prey for PS3 $44.90
Need for Speed: Shift for PS3 $53.90
Rise of Flight for PC $29.90
Raven Squad for PC $26.99
Wolfenstein for PC $29.99
Hearts of Iron III for PC $26.90
Fallout 3 for PC $32.90
Call of Duty 4 GOTY for PC $27.90
Maelstrom for PC $0.01
Shadowrun for PC $0.01
FarCry 2 for PC $14.90
Rainbox Six Vegas 2 for PC $2.90
Prince of Persia for PC $2.90
MySims for PC $2.00
Jade Empire for PC $2.00
Unreal Anthology for PC $4.90
Call of Juarez for PC $1.00
Battlestations Midway for PC $1.00
Hidden and Dangerous 2 for PC $2.00
Infernal for PC $1.00
Just Cause for PC $1.00
Prey for PC $1.00
GTA Classics for PC $1.00
Two Worlds for PC $2.90
Lord of the Rings Shadows of Angmar for PC Special Edition $1.00
Red Alert 2 Sleeve for PC $1.00
The Movies for PC $2.00
Turning Point Fall of Liberty $2.00
Mercenaries 2 for PC $3.90
Garfield Tale of Two Kitties $2.00
Age of Conan CE for PC $7.90
Age of Conan Reg. Ed. For PC $5.90
FIFA 09 for PC $3.90
Unreal Tournament for PC $6.90
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies (I) for PC $5.90
Eragon (I) for PC $0.01
Titlebout Champsionship Boxing (I) for PC $1.90
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (I) for PC $7.90
The Mark (I) for PC $1.90
Tomb Raider Annivesary (I) for PC $5.90
Frontline Berlin 1945 (I) for PC $2.90
Faces of War (I) for PC $2.90
Paraworld (I) for PC $1.00
Turok (I) for PC $3.90
Boxblox Deluxe for PC $1.90
Virtua Cop 2 (I) for PC $2.90
Tank Offensive (I) for PC $2.90
Superpower (I) for PC $3.90
War Soldiers (I) for PC $2.90
Conflict Desert Storm II for PC $2.90
Breed (I) for PC $2.90
Combat Flight Simulator 3 (I) for PC $5.90
IL-2 1946 (I) for PC $7.90
Flight Unlimited 3 (I) for PC $1.00
Blazing Angels 2 (I) for PC $4.90
Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition (I) for PC $5.90
Angels vs. Devils (I) for PC $2.90
Virtua Tennis and Virtua Fighter 2 (I) for PC $2.90
Cossacks (I) for PC $2.90
Alpha Prime (I) for PC $1.90
S.A.G.A. Rage of the Vikings (I) for PC $2.90
Gabriel Knight 3 (I) for PC $7.90
Painkiller Black for PC $3.90
Sid Meier's Railroad for PC $3.90
Wolfenstein for Xbox 360 $44.90
Raven Squad for Xbox 360 $35.90
Operation Darkness for Xbox 360 $5.90
Zoids Assault for Xbox 360 $5.90
NCAA Football for PS3 $49.90
Dynasty Warrior 6 Empires for PS3 $32.90
Ghostbusters for PS3 $39.90
Head Coach for PS3 $9.90
Watchmen for PS3 $29.90
Terminator Salvation for PS3 $29.90
Guitar Hero Smash Hits for PS3 $29.90
Guitar Hero 5 for Wii $44.90
Virtua Tennis 2009 for Wii $44.90
Alvin and the Chipmunks for Wii $4.90
Red Steel for Wii $9.90
Imagine Party Babyz for Wii $1.00
NAMCO Battle Collection for PSP $14.90
ATV Off Road Fury for PSP $9.90
Advent Rising for Xbox $1.00
SRS Racing for Xbox $2.00
Total Overdose for Xbox $2.00
Delta Force Blackhawk Down for Xbox $2.00
Driver 3 for Xbox $2.00
Juiced for Xbox $2.00
Tomb Raider Anniversary for PS2 $5.90
Alone in the Dark for PS2 $2.00
Snowblind for PS2 $2.00
Saitek Yellow UFO 4-Port Hub $1.90

If you notice an error (there always seems to be one) let me know and I'll try to fix.

And one more thing, we have much more opportunity to make deals on PC games. That's our core business as most of you know. The console market is just a much tougher environment to find deals on older stuff. Much tighter margins.

If you like console games though, definitely check out GoGamer for new AAA releases, because we are almost always $5-10 dollars cheaper than MSRP.

There are indeed alternatives to Amazon or Gamestop! Check us out CAGers.

Enjoy!

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flak']Hmm, Advent Rising for $4. How does it feel on the Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

It's not backward compatible.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Yes you will get a code.

Jason[/QUOTE]

Alright I went for it, thanks for the quick response :)

I also grabbed Jade Empire and LOTRO collectors for a buck. When I get tired of AION I'll have a backup MMO

This sale sucks! Mostly because I paid $40 for Wolfenstein on PC and every retailer has to rub it in.

That and there's nothing I want or don't already have. :(

I think Age of Conan was mismarked. The regular edition is $7.90 while the Collector's is $5.90.

Didn't see that before I ordered though >.>, will I get the Collectors for the $7.90 I paid? Don't want to sound ungrateful, just wondering.

Thanks for the sale.

Awesome sale. I picked up...

Jade Empire: Special Edition
Grand Theft Auto: Classics Collection
Painkiller Black Limited
Infernal
The Movies
Alpha Prime
Shadowrun
LOTR Shadow of Angmar SE
Project SnowBlind

I wish Advent Rising was BC... :( Anyway, too bad there aren't more console deals. Watchmen looks interesting at $30 but I can hold out for a little more.

Looking at Far Cry 2, Jade Empire, The movies, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for $28. Are these well-stocked?

The shipping takes a bit out of the deal, but oh well.

Advent Rising is not backward compatible, but I had to own a new copy of it! Advent Rising is actually my favorite original XBOX game ever. Can't believe critics slammed it. All my friends loved it too. It only had one bad bug that was annoying for 10 minutes 3/4ths in to the game.

Advent Rising for XBox (sealed copy; a must have)
Operation Darkness for XBox 360 (my current copy doesn't have a sleeve)
Alvin & The Chipmunks for Wii (my gf liked the DS version)
Imagine: Party Babyz for Wii (most ultimate gag gift)
Grand Theft Auto: Classics Collection for PC (I like to physically own all GTA even if you can download the classics for free)
Lord of the Rings Shadow of Angmar for PC (love LOTR, maybe I'll pop it in, but probably not)
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 for PC (Sleeve) (already own it, played it and it's the best (single player) RTS game ever IMHO, maybe this disc is newer than my disc)

Anyone know the story behind this Titlebout Championship Boxing game? Would love to think it is decent so I can get some boxing action in, but I cannot find anything on the game. I did find one review on Amazon, but all it said was it was "the worst" and had bad tech support?

[quote name='voidedx']Advent Rising is not backward compatible, but I had to own a new copy of it! Advent Rising is actually my favorite original XBOX game ever. Can't believe critics slammed it. All my friends loved it too. It only had one bad bug that was annoying for 10 minutes 3/4ths in to the game.

[/QUOTE]

Some people have better luck with the game than others. I rented it for XBOX back in the day and it locked up on me four times before I quit for good.

anyone been playing Conan? The CE is 8 bucks which is pretty amazing and I've been meaning to play some more MMOs lately even if only for a bit.

So what's the word?

[quote name='Arcturiang']Looking at Far Cry 2, Jade Empire, The movies, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for $28. Are these well-stocked?

The shipping takes a bit out of the deal, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Quantities vary, some we have a lot, some we have a good amount but not endless, just depends on the title. Normally we don't put items super low if we don't have good stock. We will most likely run out of some items and oversell on others. If we oversell, we probably won't get that item back in stock. So fair warning. We're trying to make sure no oversells occur.

Jason

[quote name='Fatbot3']anyone been playing Conan? The CE is 8 bucks which is pretty amazing and I've been meaning to play some more MMOs lately even if only for a bit.

So what's the word?[/QUOTE]

I think a new expansion is coming out soon so the game must still be alive. That's a good sign.

Grabbed Shadowrun and Jade Empire.

As a note:
Shipping is $3 for one item, $3.29 total for the second item added on, then jumps to $6 for the third item added on, then $7 for the fourth item added on. Makes sense, as the box gets bigger, but it got me to drop even a second one cent game because it would've been actually a $3 game. Still, ~$5.50 is good for Jade empire, with Shadowrun as icing.

Age of Conan CE has some awesome contents in the box, even if you don't play the game it's well worth it for Conan fans. I did the one week trial recently and played through the starter area of Tortage (lvl 20 or so), it was quite good.

Just bought Zoids Assault. I've heard unpleasant things about the game, but I loved Zoids when I was younger, and I really like turn-based strategy games. Hopefully 8 or so bucks can't go wrong.

Just ordered:

Jade Empire SE
Unreal Anthology
Prince of Persia
Just Cause
Call of Juarez

All for PC, total cost - $20.83.

Incredible deals. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='ddrpower']Grabbed Shadowrun and Jade Empire.

As a note:
Shipping is $3 for one item, $3.29 total for the second item added on, then jumps to $6 for the third item added on, then $7 for the fourth item added on. Makes sense, as the box gets bigger, but it got me to drop even a second one cent game because it would've been actually a $3 game. Still, ~$5.50 is good for Jade empire, with Shadowrun as icing.[/QUOTE]I also settled on Shadowrun and Jade Empire. $5 shipped is incredible. Awesome sale you guys got going on, and I might pick out 2 other things later if I can't hold off on some of the things I dropped like Unreal Anthology and Red Alert 2. I also was thinking about grabbing some games that I skipped on Xbox like Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Just Cause, and Call of Juarez, but I think it will be a little while before I get a PC that can handle them at all, so I'll hold off. I just remembered that I grabbed The Sims 3 for a good price when it came out (since I already had an account), and now you guys come through with some more great deals. Much appreciated.

And I was dead set on grabbing Advent Rising because I've always wanted to play through that and it looks like it's definitely the kind of game I would love, despite it's technical issues. Sadly, it's not BC, so I will probably never play it unless I ever see the PC version for a dollar or two.

Sidenote, I can run The Sims 3 well on my cheap $400 laptop I'm on right now, so I'm hoping Jade Empire and Shadowrun will work smoothly, despite failing the minimum system requirements (from systemrequirementslab.com) just like The Sims 3 did.

EDIT: I couldn't stop myself from buying some more games. Grabbed Unreal Anthology (always wanted to play Unreal Tournament 2004, and my laptop can handle it well) and LotROnline. Never played an MMO before, but this got good reviews and I like LotR alright, so I'll play it for a month since it's only a $1. $9 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again GoGamer, always love your sales. Quickly becoming my favorite overall seller.

Picked up
-Saitek USB Hub
-Unreal Anthology
-Jade Empire
-Mercenaries 2
-Virtua Cop 2

Man, Shadowrun was such a great game, I played it on the 360 instead of the lovely PC. I've always hated Microsoft for making Shadowrun require Vista. I wonder if Windows 7 would be fine...

Does it come with a Live card? I know you can get a year long subscription for $36, but I scarcely use my 360, being able to pick up a single month for ~$3 would be great... I'd love to play some Blazblue online, but buying a year of Live would just be a waste.

I just ordered:
Unreal Anthology
Painkiller
Shadowrun
Call of Juarez
Jade Empire
Just Cause
Prey
Alpha Prime

For a total cost of $24.70.
This was a pretty great deal on a lot of PC games that my computer might be able to run. I think that this sale is the best GoGamer sale yet. Thanks for the the good deals.

[quote name='RedSoxFaithful']It's nearly all 2-3 year old PC shovelware...[/QUOTE]

Old? Yes.
Shovelware? No. Unless you see Diner Dash on there and I'm missing it.

Still great deals for people who are always on the lookout for old PC titles that they never got around to playing. With the extremely short retail shelf life of PC games and NO PLACE to buy them once they're gone, GoGamer's been really good to me.

Quick question that I didn't think about, does Jade Empire have Disc DRM(requires disc in drive to play)? That's a deal breaker for me, couldn't even care less about activation.

This sale may have inspired me to complete the reassembly of my franken-puter. In for Jade Empire and Shadowrun. GoGamer loves PC gamers, and we love you back.

I wanted to get Project Snowblind...but while trying to figure out what else I wanted to take advantage of the shipping cost (and just as I decided on Call of Juarez)...Project Snowblind went Out Of Stock.

Bah! Decided not to get anything now...since that game was my main reason.

Thanks for the wonderful sale, GoGamer and Jason! Money's tight right now, so I just got Jade Empire. I've been wanting this game for ages, and at $2.00 how could I resist? :)

Was hopin they woulda brought back the Aion for 38$ sale. Something about buying a mmo with 3 months online paid upfront worries me.

Wish this site would eventually give out free shipping for orders or $50 or something

Oh well, 5 or so games for $40 to test out my incoming gaming rig is still a deal

I was going to order CoJ, Shadowrun, and Painkiller... but the cheap-ass inside of me didn't want to pay $1.00 and then an extra almost $2.00 for shipping to include CoJ, so I only ordered Painkiller and Shadowrun.

I already own Shadowrun, but for a penny? I'll gladly sit here with two copies, just because it's a penny.

[quote name='dabamus']I'm down for another copy of Shadowrun PC for $3 shipped.

FYI, it includes a month of Xbox Live Gold for $.01 + 2.99 shipping.[/QUOTE]

Really? Is it just like a regular 1 month subscription card, no new account requirement or anything?
Thanks,
Chris

Picked up the following for $25.80. Great sale, and as a nice bonus , I had $18 sitting idle in my paypal account that I had forgotten about.

(1) Infernal for PC
(1) Jade Empire: Special Edition for PC
(1) Call of Juarez for PC
(1) Lord of the Rings Shadow of Angmar Special Edition for PC
(1) MySims for PC
(1) Prey for PC
(1) Battlestations: Midway for PC
(1) Shadowrun for PC
(1) Prince of Persia for PC
(1) Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 for PC

Also of note, the "Dirt Cheap" shipping cost the exact same amount as Fed Ex ground for me, so I upgraded the shipping.

bread's done
Back