GoGamer Madness $5 and Under Games

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 comes up as 4.90 + 2.99 shipping, not $1.90 as shown above. That was really the only titled that interested me too :(

Thanks though, Cheapy!

[quote name='morphineseason']Rainbow Six Vegas 2 comes up as 4.90 + 2.99 shipping, not $1.90 as shown above. That was really the only titled that interested me too :(

Thanks though, Cheapy![/quote]

It's a shame to hear that 4.90 + 2.99 shipping is breaking the bank for a title that interested you ;) :cool:

[quote name='morphineseason']Rainbow Six Vegas 2 comes up as 4.90 + 2.99 shipping, not $1.90 as shown above. That was really the only titled that interested me too :(

Thanks though, Cheapy!
pixel.gif

[/quote]

You didn't like / want cossacks? Holy moly.. I used to love that game... I just bought it too :)

[quote name='Osiris11235']It's a shame to hear that 4.90 + 2.99 shipping is breaking the bank for a title that interested you ;) :cool:[/quote]

This is cheapassgamer isn't it? :lol:

I'd love to grab Silent Hunter and the flight pack, but they both contain SafeDisc. I might still bite anyway since I've been hankering for some flight sims and the price is low enough.

It says $1.90 for RB62 in the email I just got when signing up for a GoGamer account, however it is located right under the $1.90 Saitek Hub.... wonder if it was a price mistake on their part. No matter, I ordered anyway.... still a great price a $4.90. Thanks for the heads up cheapy. :)

I always wanted to try Nox being a Westwood fan but I can't imagine trying to play it in 640x480 or 800x600 or whatever the case is.

Thanks though, Cheapy![/quote]
Wonder if Jason will be around to comment on that. I am really hoping for $1.90 so I could buy one for a friend as well and we could coop. Don't really want to spend much more though, have a few other things I'm working for.

Not to bad, picked up several games, but then again I been around sicne Space War so the old games still interest me. World of Warcraft battle set for $10 off was pretty nice too.

thanks!

tribes ruled, only thing that came close to that feel was BF42, now the online FPS are all mucked up (IMHO).. well L4D is pretty sweet. I couldnt get enouhg of the "actualy have to work togther" games.. The heavy with a repair guy following (i liked to reapir) was pretty unstopable, and if you brought a ammo dispenser.... Miss those days

Clok

They also have the WOW: Battlechest counted as the madness sale on their site. $29.99. Good deal on Rainbow Six, but I'm just wondering if they'll lower it down to 1.90, I'm getting it either way but would rather pay 1.90

[quote name='monogoat']the email i got says RS:V 2 is supposed to be 4.90, maybe 1.90 was a typo on Cheapy's part?[/quote]

The email I got says $1.90. Probably a typo by whoever created the email; then later, they caught the mistake.

Nox was a real pain to get working on XP. I finally did manage it, but I'm not sure I can remember what I did.

How about Starsiege? Anyone get it to work under XP? It is the only metaltech universe game I do not own so I really want to bite. Wish it was standalone but that game isn't easy to find anymore.

I find it extremely annoying that I have much more trouble getting early windows 95/98 games to work under XP than ancient DOS games.

RSV2 is great for $4.90......Nox - not so much. It is old AND I did not think it was good in its day - yes, I did get it and TRY to play it. Not good. SH4 might not be a bad pickup for the price and I heard good things about Crimson Skies - but I know that is dated as well. I just do not have time for many games these days...some TF2 or L4D multiplayer is about it.

[quote name='jmbreci']RSV2 is great for $4.90......Nox - not so much. It is old AND I did not think it was good in its day - yes, I did get it and TRY to play it. Not good. SH4 might not be a bad pickup for the price and I heard good things about Crimson Skies - but I know that is dated as well. I just do not have time for many games these days...some TF2 or L4D multiplayer is about it.[/quote]

I picked it up Nox about a half a year ago for the first time and enjoyed it. It has an awesome line-of-sight mechanic. I do have a high tolerance for aged games though, so YMMV.

Crimson Skies is a decent arcade flight sim. The xbox version is loads better though. Know that they are completely different games that just happen to be set in the same universe. From what I heard Microsoft and Zipper had extreme problems getting along during the final stages of production and it hurt the final product. It was definitely buggy when I played it.

Thanks though, Cheapy![/QUOTE]

yeah, really if it was 2 bucks I would get like 10 copies for all the guys here at my work so we can play. I hope it's not a typo.

[quote name='Kurina']Wonder if Jason will be around to comment on that. I am really hoping for $1.90 so I could buy one for a friend as well and we could coop. Don't really want to spend much more though, have a few other things I'm working for.[/quote]

Hi guys,

First, the correct price for RB6V2 is indeed $4.90 not $1.90. I apologize profusely for the mistake. Our guy who normally does the Madness newsletter had computer issues and he had to do a rush job and he made a mistake on the pricing. He sent it out late in the night before I could proofread it. S**t happens unfortunately and again I'm sorry for the confusion. $4.90 is still a great price and many of you have already jumped on it and we appreciate it. More great specials are coming, we beg your forgiveness for this small typo.

Also, the hub in the mailer shows a lighter blue color than what we are shipping. The Metallic Blue hub is actually a darker color. Our artist apparently did not have a pic of the Metallic Blue and used the lighter blue. I apologize for any confusion. The artist was under a very tight deadline due to his computer issues, but they are fixed now so future newsletters should be error free.

Any questions let me know.

Jason

Thanks for the deals, Jason. GoGamer keeps my PC gaming backlog completely unfinishable.

Bit on RB6V2 and Starsiege Universe. Crossing my fingers that I can get Starsiege to work under XP.

Now all I need is a copy of the Starsiege 2845 alpha build and my Metaltech collection will be complete!

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']
First, the correct price for RB6V2 is indeed $4.90 not $1.90. I apologize profusely for the mistake. Our guy who normally does the Madness newsletter had computer issues and he had to do a rush job and he made a mistake on the pricing. He sent it out late in the night before I could proofread it. S**t happens unfortunately and again I'm sorry for the confusion. $4.90 is still a great price and many of you have already jumped on it and we appreciate it. More great specials are coming, we beg your forgiveness for this small typo.
[/quote]

Although I'm a bit strapped and can't grab them for my friends like I hoped, I went on and grabbed Rainbow Six 2 as well as an optical mouse for a relative who keeps losing her laptop one. It can't be coincidence that I was just looking to purchase this game two days ago, so I went for it.

I also just want to say thanks for coming here to update us on the pricing situation. I was a bit hesitant to grab it still but I really enjoy the GoGamer deals and definitely want to support them, not to mention it's nice that you guys take the time to update us like this. Thanks for the deals (and still showing love to us PC gamers!).

[quote name='Kurina']Although I'm a bit strapped and can't grab them for my friends like I hoped, I went on and grabbed Rainbow Six 2 as well as an optical mouse for a relative who keeps losing her laptop one. It can't be coincidence that I was just looking to purchase this game two days ago, so I went for it.

I also just want to say thanks for coming here to update us on the pricing situation. I was a bit hesitant to grab it still but I really enjoy the GoGamer deals and definitely want to support them, not to mention it's nice that you guys take the time to update us like this. Thanks for the deals (and still showing love to us PC gamers!).[/quote]

You're welcome. Thanks for the business. Times are tough and we're trying to offer deals people can afford. We'll never stop supporting PC Gamers. :)

Jason

[quote name='nexen']Thanks for the deals, Jason. GoGamer keeps my PC gaming backlog completely unfinishable.

Bit on RB6V2 and Starsiege Universe. Crossing my fingers that I can get Starsiege to work under XP.

Now all I need is a copy of the Starsiege 2845 alpha build and my Metaltech collection will be complete![/quote]

StarSiege was AWESOME back in the day. It has a really cool back-story and the Mechs were a lot of fun. You could custom paint them and the Clan fights online were so much fun. If there was ever a game I'd like re-made it is StarSiege. I think it works under XP if you run it under Win 98 mode. I'm sure you can get it to work. Search the intrawebs my friend.

Jason

Nox work with XP? I didn't see it listed under operating systems. I've been meaning to check the game out for years...

[quote name='Jauron']Nox work with XP? I didn't see it listed under operating systems. I've been meaning to check the game out for years...[/quote]

Yes, but it is tricky. You'll need to get some unofficial patches, iirc.

48 hour madness @ gogamer.com - Rainbow Six Vegas 2 "typo" at $1.90 in their promo email, whereas everything else was listed at $4.90. Do you think they will honor this price? Anybody tried this on PC before? Does it have intrusive DRM or is a bad port?

Are typos really considered false advertising? I mean, it seems like every week B&M stores have a sign correcting something in their ad somewhere.

[quote name='jtdragon']48 hour madness @ gogamer.com - Rainbow Six Vegas 2 "typo" at $1.90 in their promo email, whereas everything else was listed at $4.90. Do you think they will honor this price? Anybody tried this on PC before? Does it have intrusive DRM or is a bad port?[/quote]

Someone from gogamer.com already answered this question in this thread.

[quote name='Jauron']Someone from gogamer.com already answered this question in this thread.[/quote]

post was from a merged thread, poster probably did not see the aforementioned post.

I'm pretty sure the ads say not responsible for any misprints, but 4.90 is a great price anyways. I bought one, gogamer is creating a huge backlog for me, thanks a lot.

HOLY CRAP !!!!

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS under 10 bucks for PS2!!! OMG!!!

Dealz of teh year!

=D

Some of the others are great- though you may want to check Vista compatability

Driver Parallel Lines is pretty cool, at least for the first half of the game. It's a lot like the original Driver with awesome graphics. It looked great on Xbox, so it should be nice on PC. It was fun to trick out the 70s cars and take them out to powerslide around the 70s era NYC streets.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']It looked great on Xbox, so it should be nice on PC. [/quote]

If only that was all we had to worry about on PC ports of console titles. . .

bread's done
Back