GoGamer Madness - Mass Efffect $48 and more

I wish ut3 had a collectors edition for ps3 .. sigh.

Sucks though they lowered the price of the non collectors edition.. and not the CE.. still 55.. doh -_-

fuck GoGamer. I tried to cancel my order because cheapy failed to mention Tony Hawk Proving Ground was an import. They say they can't cancel even though it hadn't shipped at the time. So I tell them to process a refund, but those asshats won't even message me back. When I get the game, they had put a paper label that said NTSC over PAL on the shrinkwrap. Those stupid fucks. fuck them. Don't buy from them unless it causes them to lose money.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']fuck GoGamer. I tried to cancel my order because cheapy failed to mention Tony Hawk Proving Ground was an import. They say they can't cancel even though it hadn't shipped at the time. So I tell them to process a refund, but those asshats won't even message me back. When I get the game, they had put a paper label that said NTSC over PAL on the shrinkwrap. Those stupid fucks. fuck them. Don't buy from them unless it causes them to lose money.[/quote]
Wow, that sounds really slimy. I'm sorry to hear that they pulled that on you.

I won't buy from them either. They don't have Guitar Hero 3 for the 360 listed on their site but if you go to Amazon they are selling it in the Marketplace for $179.99. Any site that is supposed to be legitimate loses all credibility with me when they start price gouging. I can understand bundling things but games are already sold at a profit so they ar ejust piling on.

Maybe GoGamer prices their shipping based on distance, but I'm in LA, CA, and Dirt Cheap shipping is $2.59, so it's hardly an arm and a leg. But then again, I gotta pay CA tax, which is another $3.71.

Yeah, thanks kl899. I just got Mass Effect at Family Video. I was short a penny for the 5holiday coupon, so I just bought the new Futurama movie along with it.

[quote name='tcolberg']Maybe GoGamer prices their shipping based on distance, but I'm in LA, CA, and Dirt Cheap shipping is $2.59, so it's hardly an arm and a leg. But then again, I gotta pay CA tax, which is another $3.71.[/quote]

No not anymore, dirt cheap is now $5.99 GoGamer is not what it used to be. I will be very careful when buying from them now, it has to be a super awsome deal to make shipping worth it.

Not entirely. Adding Crysis to the cart makes dirt cheap shipping $8, but adding Perseus Mandate to the cart (By itself) makes it $2.60. Appears Gogamer's got some sort of bullshit going on with their shipping pricing. $2.60's normal dirt cheap shipping, only other time I'd seen the dirt cheap shipping change is with the Mage Knight game, which made it $6. It's technically supposed to be $2.60 for the first two items, then jump to $6 if you go over that.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Not entirely. Adding Crysis to the cart makes dirt cheap shipping $8, but adding Perseus Mandate to the cart (By itself) makes it $2.60. Appears Gogamer's got some sort of bullshit going on with their shipping pricing. $2.60's normal dirt cheap shipping, only other time I'd seen the dirt cheap shipping change is with the Mage Knight game, which made it $6. It's technically supposed to be $2.60 for the first two items, then jump to $6 if you go over that.[/quote]

Thats it because UT 3 has the free Tee shirt I don't even want grrrrr I bet thats why its now 5.99 forget I will wait until UT3 goes cheaper and it will.

[quote name='tightclaws']No not anymore, dirt cheap is now $5.99 GoGamer is not what it used to be. I will be very careful when buying from them now, it has to be a super awsome deal to make shipping worth it.[/QUOTE]

uh dirt cheap is $2.59 for me. I think it has to do with the ammount and possibly the weight of items

[quote name='Trenchalicious']fuck GoGamer. I tried to cancel my order because cheapy failed to mention Tony Hawk Proving Ground was an import. [/quote]

Cheapy failed to mention? What did the site say? They always mark imports carefully in my experience.

Maybe they should have let you cancel your order, but for PC Games they are one of the best options out there.

BTW, that is the cheapest I've seen Persius Mandate, usually CC is usually better than they have been lately about cheap pricing of the PC expansion packs a week or two after release (if they actually stock them in-line or in-store is another matter), and with the reviews I'm not sure I want to pay $20 + shipping on this. I hope CC comes through soon.

[quote name='tightclaws']No not anymore, dirt cheap is now $5.99 GoGamer is not what it used to be. I will be very careful when buying from them now, it has to be a super awsome deal to make shipping worth it.[/QUOTE]

Dirt cheap is still there. It's $2.59 if you order a qty of 2 or less. Anymore and shipping jumps to $5.99.

[quote name='Marker']Dirt cheap is still there. It's $2.59 if you order a qty of 2 or less. Anymore and shipping jumps to $5.99.[/quote]

Nope not any more any pc game now comes up more. Box size and weight I guess now before everything qualified for it now PUT UT 3 with the Tee Shirt or just plain Crysis they want 8 dollars, I think Fry's and PM CC ads is now how I'm buying my pc games. I was going to buy UT 3 but the 5.99 shipping says wait or forget its not worth the extra $$$

Ok after more checking something is really messed up or GoGamer is really going downhill. It seems regular games PC and console that are not popular read Crysis UT 3 are still the 2.59 DC shipping Crysis regular edition is 8 dollars shipping! UT 3 is only 6 with the shirt, Crysis CE with pistol grip mouse is only 6 dollars shipping but its not onsale, I think I'm going to pass on Go Gamer at this point I have had some bs with them in the past, they have poor CS and forget about cancelling or returns.

[quote name='turls']Cheapy failed to mention? What did the site say? They always mark imports carefully in my experience.

Maybe they should have let you cancel your order, but for PC Games they are one of the best options out there.

BTW, that is the cheapest I've seen Persius Mandate, usually CC is usually better than they have been lately about cheap pricing of the PC expansion packs a week or two after release (if they actually stock them in-line or in-store is another matter), and with the reviews I'm not sure I want to pay $20 + shipping on this. I hope CC comes through soon.[/quote]

It wasn't clearly mentioned. There was just an "I" in the title. Never ordered from them and it wasn't only me who had a problem with them. Cheapy could have put import in his link title. What pisses me off most is they wouldn't let me cancel and when I told them I wanted to start the refund process like 6 times, they have failed to message me back once.

So you saw the "I" and you ordered anyway? What if there was a "U" to indicate it was used or "D" for disc-only?

I'm not sure if you tried, but I'd contact them by phone instead of e-mail. If you explain politely what happened, they might be willing to refund you despite their policies. I can't say I've tried it with GoGamer, but it's worked for me numerous times with other companies.

I'm also curious about your earlier post when you said they "put a paper label that said NTSC over PAL on the shrinkwrap". So it has the PEGI rating instead of ESRB?

I didn't know what the hell the 'I' meant, I figured they didn't sell imports and Cheapy didn't say it was an import, so I figured great deal. It clearly says PAL on the side (blue box) and has all the PAL info on the back.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I didn't know what the hell the 'I' meant, I figured they didn't sell imports and Cheapy didn't say it was an import, so I figured great deal. It clearly says PAL on the side (blue box) and has all the PAL info on the back.[/QUOTE]

If you paid with a credit card just get your bank to do a charge-back if GG won't refund you. My experience with them has been great, but I haven't had any problems so far.

bread's done
Back