GoGamer PC Madness

I'd just like to point out that AoE III is the IMPORT version.
Important Product Information
This is the full english import edition of Age of Empires 3. This item ships in a DVD style case. Does not require DVD compatible CDROM drive
Does this mean that it's from Europe or something?

Thanks for pointing that out about AoE III. I'm not sure what that means about it being an English import. If anyone can clarify this please do.

[quote name='cgarb84']Thanks for pointing that out about AoE III. I'm not sure what that means about it being an English import. If anyone can clarify this please do.[/QUOTE]

Usually it doesn't mean much. I remember buying Half-Life 2 from there, it was the Euro-import. Only difference was the box was the old school "full size" as opposed to these little ones they use now...which was fine with me since the G-Man box looks better all huge anyway. Everything was in English, no CD-key problems or anything. Have heard similar stories on various games including Battlefield 2. I'd venture a guess that 9 times out of 10 you'll have no problem.

The import versions at gogamer are almost always European releases and they come in dvd cases. Personally I prefer buying my pc games from gogamer because I hate the cd/paper sleeve versions of games in the US releases.

When i bought operation flashpoint origninally it came from england. It was my first euro game ever, and i must say the case was o so nice :)

Vampire is a great game i agree. Its a shame we wont see another one.

Only thing you have to watch out for with European releases is that patches are not always "region-free".

I'm really tempted to get AOE3 but the fact that's it's an "import" is throwing me off.

What do you mean it's not "region free"?

Is there any draw-back to buyng an import game?

[quote name='strdr4']I'm really tempted to get AOE3 but the fact that's it's an "import" is throwing me off.

What do you mean it's not "region free"?

Is there any draw-back to buyng an import game?[/QUOTE]
If there is a patch later to update it, you would need a patch for whatever version of the game you have, which is in this case not the US version. Not sure if there would be any other issue with it. I assume I have the import of UT2k4 that I purchased here (in the DVD packaging), but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I dont see why there would be a issue. If you have the UK import edition just download the UK patch and not the america patch if there isnt one big english patch.

dont get Bloodlines i played it for PC, SO MANY FREAKING BUGS it's seriously unplayable, at least for me it was...unless they fixed it with patches, i played it a few months back..

bread's done
Back