GoHastings: 25% Off Used Games

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']It doesn't say out of stock on the website though.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me once. They didn't have an explanation other than "computer error", and to make matters worse they wouldn't send it to me for the price I initially bought it at (during a coupon period). They told me I had to place a new order. I told them to fuck themselves because I could get it cheaper elsewhere if they weren't going to give me the price I had originally agreed to.

It's always so tempting with this site. I fill the cart up, but after seeing the total after shipping mixed with the knowledge that Black Friday is just a little over a month away and I just can't do it..

Probably would have if the PS3 version of Enslaved was in stock and Castlevania (PS3) was the same price as the 360 version.

Thanks OP for the deal and SSJM (for the shipping tip) :applause:

Grabbed NGS2 and RE: DC for $39 shipped, almost didn't grab NGS2, since I still think it's going to go $15-ish soon (and because NGS1 didn't maintain price), but said what the heck. And getting RE for $17 shipped didn't hurt me any either, since it's taking it sweet time to slink down to sub-$20 every place else.

Glad there's nothing else I need/want, can't afford it anyway. ;)

[quote name='Gorge']fuck GoHastings. This is two orders in a row that a game was canceled on me. First NBA 2K11 and now Enslaved. This is getting annoying.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, does everyone grabbing these pretty new games out only a few weeks think they have massive stock of these used? Be happy if you get it, but it's like everything else first come, first served.

I mean, on the other hand I understand the frustration of not getting the deal (has happened many times in the past to me), but if they are going to start being gimped on these sales they offer (I can see why they'd might cancel your order and give that explanation to you when they do that), I can see it turning into another Gamestop fiasco with people exploiting them right and left...and us with no deals because of that.

I can see the free ship on halloween stuff, since they'd have to take a loss on it anyway if it doesn't sell before the 31st. So anyway, I'm off the soapbox, I see your point, but I want to make sure Hastings continues these deals and makes a decent profit so we all benefit. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uncle5555']I can see the free ship on halloween stuff, since they'd have to take a loss on it anyway if it doesn't sell before the 31st. So anyway, I'm off the soapbox, I see your point, but I want to make sure Hastings continues these deals and makes a decent profit so we all benefit. :)[/QUOTE]
When there are orders, like mine, that have several games at 3.75 each, plus CDs and DVDs around 1.25 they aren't making any money off of this. On deals like this I am a bottom feeder, what can I say. Plus my daughter is going to love those Wiggles CDs.

Well, I ordered Jurassic the Hunted and Plants vs. Zombies. I forgot to add a toy, but shipping was $4.50 so it's not too bad. Oh well. Supposedly Jurassic is now sold out online for the 360. Wonder if my order will be cancelled or not.

Heavenly Sword (used) $11.40
Resonance of Fate (used) $19.95
Wolverine and the X-men Bluray (new) $24.29 (best price I've found)
Halloween socks for my wife (new) $4.99 vs $6.xx for shipping!

Total: $64 after tax

Not bad at all. Somehow I talked myself into this despite not planning to buy any more games this year.

[quote name='uncle5555']Thanks OP for the deal and SSJM (for the shipping tip) :applause:

Grabbed NGS2 and RE: DC for $39 shipped, almost didn't grab NGS2, since I still think it's going to go $15-ish soon (and because NGS1 didn't maintain price), but said what the heck. And getting RE for $17 shipped didn't hurt me any either, since it's taking it sweet time to slink down to sub-$20 every place else.

Glad there's nothing else I need/want, can't afford it anyway. ;)

Just out of curiosity, does everyone grabbing these pretty new games out only a few weeks think they have massive stock of these used? Be happy if you get it, but it's like everything else first come, first served.

I mean, on the other hand I understand the frustration of not getting the deal (has happened many times in the past to me), but if they are going to start being gimped on these sales they offer (I can see why they'd might cancel your order and give that explanation to you when they do that), I can see it turning into another Gamestop fiasco with people exploiting them right and left...and us with no deals because of that.

I can see the free ship on halloween stuff, since they'd have to take a loss on it anyway if it doesn't sell before the 31st. So anyway, I'm off the soapbox, I see your point, but I want to make sure Hastings continues these deals and makes a decent profit so we all benefit. :)[/QUOTE]

I more so wish they did a better job of knowing their stock of an item. When I bought NBA 2K11 their was no activity for it for 1 week and then all of a sudden I got a cancellation. Just annoying.

[quote name='spideymike']Well, I ordered Jurassic the Hunted and Plants vs. Zombies. I forgot to add a toy, but shipping was $4.50 so it's not too bad. Oh well. Supposedly Jurassic is now sold out online for the 360. Wonder if my order will be cancelled or not.[/QUOTE]

Jurassic was one of my favorite surprise games of last year. It is a fun game and everything that Turok should have been. I bought it after the first couple of minutes of playing it(rented it from Gamefly). Surprisingly gorgeous looking and the dinos are animated really well. I had a blast with the game. I want to go back and get the rest of the achievements.

Hope you enjoy it!

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm guessing the Free Shipping on Halloween items isn't working anymore? It's supposed to be automatic, right?[/QUOTE]

I tried adding a Halloween prop in there (Lone Ranger mask/gun for $2.99) with a used game and it gave me free shipping but it wouldn't allow me to use the USED25 coupon.

Sigh... knew after I hadn't received an email before going to sleep all/part of my order was gonna be cancelled. And sure enough this morning....

"The following item(s) have been cancelled. Either the item(s) were cancelled at your request or our sources were unable to ship the item(s) due to availability: (PS3) Just Cause 2"

Oh well. I guess in retrospect this was the only game i was on the edge about getting since I'd seen it cheaper elsewhere...

Ordered 5 games last night. They cancelled 4 out of 5 games already, even though 2 still show they are in stock on the website. I am trying to cancel the rest of the order. At least last time they put items on backorder and filled the order that way. Just a heads up. Cheers!

Free shipping glitch was working 3 hours ago... I went back because I had a change of heart and tried to order 5 more games and from one refresh to the next the shipping went from free to charging me. So I guess it isn't working anymore. I KNEW I shouldn't of waited. :cry:

[quote name='uncle5555']

[/QUOTE]

I've ordered old, non-popular games from them too only for them to cancel the orders. You can't blame someone for ordering something, having their payment go through and getting irritated when it gets canceled a week later. If anything GoHastings should be blamed for having such a horrible way to handle inventory.

Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this, but I just ordered RE5 gold for xbox 360 and remembered that the DLC is a code not on the disc. Does that mean Im going to basicly get RE5 and a used code?

[quote name='tankass']Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this, but I just ordered RE5 gold for xbox 360 and remembered that the DLC is a code not on the disc. Does that mean Im going to basicly get RE5 and a used code?[/QUOTE]

Likely. It comes on a piece of cardboard and it's not even hidden by a tab.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Likely. It comes on a piece of cardboard and it's not even hidden by a tab.[/QUOTE]

Shit, now I have to cancel my order.

Wow. Apparently GoHasting's service has gone down the shitter since I ordered from them last fall.:cry: Shame. Although I wonder if maybe they're only cancelling everyone's orders who used the 'free shipping' glitch and those who didn't try it will still get their orders.

Some of the deals are still too good to pass up, even with the $3-4 shipping PER item.

[quote name='Dark Firstborn']Free shipping glitch was working 3 hours ago... I went back because I had a change of heart and tried to order 5 more games and from one refresh to the next the shipping went from free to charging me. So I guess it isn't working anymore. I KNEW I shouldn't of waited. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was gona buy some more games this morning. Loaded my cart up and was removing others. put it on hold and came back two hours later .. removed another game and saw shipping was back on my items. So I just canceled the whole order :)

[quote name='blinden84']I used the free shipping and still a-okay on my 5 game order, see what the future brings.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I ordered six or so games yesterday, my order is still ok as well. Hope it doesn't get canceled but I would understand if it did.

Poop. Not really surprised (but really disappointed) that Enslaved was canceled, but older titles like MGS4 and GTAIV canceled as well for me? Odd sale, Hastings.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. Apparently GoHasting's service has gone down the shitter since I ordered from them last fall.:cry: Shame. Although I wonder if maybe they're only cancelling everyone's orders who used the 'free shipping' glitch and those who didn't try it will still get their orders.[/QUOTE]

Did three orders, two with free shipping and one without. So far had one paid shipping canceled and one free shipping canceled. So I'm thinking it's just luck of the draw from whatever's in the "warehouse."

I ordered the Hitman Trilogy as part of my B2G1F the other week and it was in New condition. It was even in the cardboard slip it sold in, unfrayed. Discs had no wear. Unbelievable. I'm way satisfied. My Lost Planet and Kane & Lynch (both 1) should be in today, hoping for the same results.

[quote name='macschwag14']Did three orders, two with free shipping and one without. So far had one paid shipping canceled and one free shipping canceled. So I'm thinking it's just luck of the draw from whatever's in the "warehouse."[/QUOTE]
That's why I was checking stock by adding in 99 copies of X or Y game before I even would attempt to order. Although if those numbers aren't updated in real time then it makes no difference if it says theres 10 or 100 in stock as there could only be 2 left and no one would know until their orders get cancelled.:cry:

The only game I would consider in my order to be a high likelyhood of cancel was TW11. Still no word, the game still shows up as "in stock" on their website, has anyone checked to see if the website changes stock status on the items that have been canceled? This thread is getting a little difficult to follow.

Placed $100 dollar order yesterday with the FREE shipping. All still in progress. I tried to place a 2nd order around 10am this morning. It appeared to go through, but an hour later, I found no record of the order, and all my items were back in the shopping cart charging me for shipping this time.

If they do cancel all my stuff, I am going to write letters of complaint to corporate. This is freaking bait and switch tactics. I don't call it a glitch. They had two promotions going on at the same time. Yet to have a promotion or good price, and then cancel stock because they are not happy with buyers getting a good deal? That's wrong, IMO.

[quote name='Rozz']I've ordered old, non-popular games from them too only for them to cancel the orders. You can't blame someone for ordering something, having their payment go through and getting irritated when it gets canceled a week later. If anything GoHastings should be blamed for having such a horrible way to handle inventory.[/QUOTE]

I don't, but it's something I put up with, I've order Little King's Story and the Eye of Judgment bundle w/ PS Eye waited over a week for the first one, only to have it cancelled, and for them to assure me via email that the bundle was complete and not game only, then shows up with only the game...

So yeah, I understand all too well. ;-|

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Dang, that sucks for all the cancelled orders, I had a feeling that would happen, which is why I didn't order anything with that glitch.[/QUOTE]

Yea. You know, I didnt even think about them canceling orders because of it. Luckily, I didnt see the free shipping thing listed here, until after I ordered. I placed a second order for Dirt 2, new, but shipping was less than the $2.99 for the gun... so I went that route. I think shipping, for my first order, was only $9 for the 5 games anyways... so it wasnt too bad.

Sucks for those that ordered with the glitch. I imagine it was just too costly of an error for Go Hastings to let slide. My 5 games would cost $7-$10 to ship via most any carrier. That would have been a $4-$7 loss on their part. Now multiply that times the crazy number of people taking advantage of this deal. They would be losing 10's of thousands of dollars, if not more on shipping. They may even be losing money on the sale and some of the games. I got Hawx 2 for $20, used. I cant imagine they paid much less than that, if not more, when they bought it from the gamer who traded it in. Some of my games were $5, like Heroes Over Europe. Which I imagine they paid $5-$10 for, if not a little more. Same goes for Dragon Age: Origins... Which I paid less than $10 for.

Great deals! Gotta love them. Though, this is why my backlog is so huge! :)

i think it's availability that is causing cancels because all my ordered are out of stock now. i.e. enslaved and front mission evolved.

On a side note, their site is taking a beating. Really slow to log into and some of the links are broken. :) Guess that is a good sign for them, or a bad one... if you are their web guy. :)

this is the reason why I will never shop from their website again. this seems to happen often with them, several times to me on non-glitched non-sale regular orders.

[quote name='Velo214']i think it's availability that is causing cancels because all my ordered are out of stock now. i.e. enslaved and front mission evolved.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I am sure of it, especially with the newer titles. They probably only had a handful of each, if even that. I was eying Front Mission: Evolved. Just saw a write up about it the other day, looked awesome. We really dont have a huge choice of Mech games on the 360. So, I guess we have to take what we can get. :)

[quote name='DesertLeo']this is the reason why I will never shop from their website again. this seems to happen often with them, several times to me on non-glitched non-sale regular orders.[/QUOTE]

That isnt promising to hear. I think I ordered once or twice before with them, with no problems.

well, I was gonna drop over $80 on a bunch of dvds + games, but decided to sleep on it. and now the free shipping wont stack with USED25, so they want $80 for my items + nearly $100 for shipping. oh well

anyway to enter 2 codes?

[quote name='kingkiller33']Placed $100 dollar order yesterday with the FREE shipping. All still in progress. I tried to place a 2nd order around 10am this morning. It appeared to go through, but an hour later, I found no record of the order, and all my items were back in the shopping cart charging me for shipping this time.

If they do cancel all my stuff, I am going to write letters of complaint to corporate. This is freaking bait and switch tactics. I don't call it a glitch. They had two promotions going on at the same time. Yet to have a promotion or good price, and then cancel stock because they are not happy with buyers getting a good deal? That's wrong, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Please learn the definition of bait and switch.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=bait+and+switch

Summarized: Bait & switch is a company advertising a lower priced item, but when you go to their site/store they say they're conveniently out of stock of that item and ask you if you want another higher priced item similar to it.

What happened here was NOT a bait and switch tactic, but simply either A) the fact that their inventory system sucks and doesn't keep track of stock in real time and/or B) all of the people exploiting the free shipping glitch alerting them to said glitch and rather than losing THOUSANDS on shipping due to it their best option was to cancel orders.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']well, I was gonna drop over $80 on a bunch of dvds + games, but decided to sleep on it. and now the free shipping wont stack with USED25, so they want $80 for my items + nearly $100 for shipping. oh well

anyway to enter 2 codes?[/QUOTE]

Same here, oh well. Saved me some money, probably would have been canceled anyways. Seems like half of what I wanted is out of stock now too.

bread's done
Back