GoHastings: 25% Off Used Games

[quote name='e Skrilla']Im not getting the free shipping for the blood caps...whats up?[/QUOTE]

Had you read or used the thread search function, you'd notice a lot of sadness when it stopped working earlier today.

My question is why can't GoHastings.com ship all the games in one box instead of shipping them out seperate with seperate shipping prices for each game?

[quote name='Amethyst']My question is why can't GoHastings.com ship all the games in one box instead of shipping them out seperate with seperate shipping prices for each game?[/QUOTE]

This topic is covered alot. Due to gohastings stocks of games being scattered among the distributors in the country, and since they have no "central warehouse," games ship from various sites around the country. You could be receiving "(PS3) Darksiders" from Houston Texas and "(PS3) Ghostbusters" from Mooseneck, Alaska.

[quote name='Interfeci']Had you read or used the thread search function, you'd notice a lot of sadness when it stopped working earlier today.[/QUOTE] Who cares...you answered my question so thanks.

[quote name='thextreme1']An update with my order. Everything but Dragon Age shipped. Dragon Age is backordered, but will ship out as soon as they get more in. If not, not a biggie. I really wanted what they shipped out. I figured I would just give Dragon Age a try.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age shipped yesterday, so that completes this order. They still have to confirm shipping on Dirt 2, new at $15.

[quote name='thextreme1']Dragon Age shipped yesterday, so that completes this order. They still have to confirm shipping on Dirt 2, new at $15.[/QUOTE]
You know you could've bought that brand new at Kmart for the same price, right?

Just now realized the whole "Cerberus Network" thing for ME2 :wall:. I guess I could just wait for a platinum hits version with all the dlc then upgrade from the used one I got...but it's whatever, I barely buy dlc as it is.

I tried like 5 times to place an order the other day and it kept saying there was an error in processing, and now there's no free shipping. Lol, won't bother with this site again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know you could've bought that brand new at Kmart for the same price, right?[/QUOTE]

The nearest Kmart is 20 miles, with gas and tax... it would have cost me more.

How much gas does it cost to go 20 miles though? People on here really amuse me at times with 'omg my closest Kmart is like 20 miles to infinity away from me it'd cost me $10 just for gas to get there'. Yeah. Maybe if you have an old inefficient clunker or a Humvee it would.

Although I do understand it's easier to just point, click and get it shipped and it is great if you're in one of the states like me where Hastings has no stores so there's no tax too.

But with the horror stories of people getting incomplete stuff from GoHastings I'd rather take the trek if I have the gas to spare and get it new, even if it means I'm paying tax.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How much gas does it cost to go 20 miles though? People on here really amuse me at times with 'omg my closest Kmart is like 20 miles to infinity away from me it'd cost me $10 just for gas to get there'. Yeah. Maybe if you have an old inefficient clunker or a Humvee it would.

Although I do understand it's easier to just point, click and get it shipped and it is great if you're in one of the states like me where Hastings has no stores so there's no tax too.

But with the horror stories of people getting incomplete stuff from GoHastings I'd rather take the trek if I have the gas to spare and get it new, even if it means I'm paying tax.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a clunker. I also used to get 31 mpg when I lived in Texas, but 22 mpg in San Diego. Same car. So 40 miles round trip at $3.19 a gallon of gas is pretty much over $6, and at least an hour trip. And tax on $19.99 is another $1.74. This is already almost $8 extra, and only if they had it in stock. This is also not factoring in risks of accidents, car maintenance costs adding up, etc. And I get a free padded envelope to ship with.

[quote name='Schizophriend']Picked up Fallout: New Vegas for $42 shipped and Enslaved for $32 shipped along with an assortment of dirt cheap movies. :D[/QUOTE]

When did you order Enslaved? I've been checking stock obsessively since my order was canceled (even ordered the game about 20 minutes after thread posted) and am always met with the error it's not in stock.

[quote name='macschwag14']When did you order Enslaved? I've been checking stock obsessively since my order was canceled (even ordered the game about 20 minutes after thread posted) and am always met with the error it's not in stock.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, he will probably be getting a cancellation email like I have gotten 5 times now in a couple of days for Enslaved. I'm just going to buy it new at Kmart for $39.99 and save myself the headache and support a new IP.

[quote name='Gorge']Honestly, he will probably be getting a cancellation email like I have gotten 5 times now in a couple of days for Enslaved. I'm just going to buy it new at Kmart for $39.99 and save myself the headache and support a new IP.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I didn't know it was only $40 at K-Mart. I'll totally do the same. Supporting the IP and saving myself time and headaches for only a few additional dollars.

I tried added the USED25 code on a game in stock but it now says the code is invalid. Nothing else is in my shopping cart. Anyone else getting this error message? Just weird.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How much gas does it cost to go 20 miles though? People on here really amuse me at times with 'omg my closest Kmart is like 20 miles to infinity away from me it'd cost me $10 just for gas to get there'. Yeah. Maybe if you have an old inefficient clunker or a Humvee it would.

But with the horror stories of people getting incomplete stuff from GoHastings I'd rather take the trek if I have the gas to spare and get it new, even if it means I'm paying tax.[/QUOTE]

Why would I drive 20 miles when the game could be shipped to my door for the exact same price? The game I ordered from Go Hastings is Brand New, not used. Therefore, it wont be coming incomplete. Not sure if you saw that or not. FOr some reason, the game was cheaper new, than used. I think the used copy was $18... as compared to the new, which was $15

[quote name='thextreme1']Cool. See you online with Flatout. Should be a blast![/QUOTE]

Yeah :)

I miss this game. I'll have so many games to play its not even funny lol.

So far out of like 13 games I've ordered from them, I've only beat 3.
Dante's Inferno - got all the achievements without the DLC ones.
Final Fantasy 13 - Beat it but not even close on achievements
The Saboteur - Beat it and almost have all the achievements. Great game btw ... Very underplayed IMO.

[quote name='DeathDream']Yeah :)

I miss this game. I'll have so many games to play its not even funny lol.

So far out of like 13 games I've ordered from them, I've only beat 3.
Dante's Inferno - got all the achievements without the DLC ones.
Final Fantasy 13 - Beat it but not even close on achievements
The Saboteur - Beat it and almost have all the achievements. Great game btw ... Very underplayed IMO.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, that took me over 300 hours to 1000/1000 that one, I enjoyed my time with it and I shall never put it back into my Xbox again.:lol:

[quote name='kak23']Killzone 2
Infamous
Little Big Planet GOTY
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Conan (360) - For $5 I had to try it out.

Blood Capsules :lol:

$64.17 all together.

Great deal. I haven't played any of these games ever.[/QUOTE]

Update:

All games shipped with the free shipping glitch.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Ahhh, that took me over 300 hours to 1000/1000 that one, I enjoyed my time with it and I shall never put it back into my Xbox again.:lol:[/QUOTE]

300.... my god.... I love getting game time out of my games but that might be pushing it lol.

[quote name='thresherhorn']This topic is covered alot. Due to gohastings stocks of games being scattered among the distributors in the country, and since they have no "central warehouse," games ship from various sites around the country. You could be receiving "(PS3) Darksiders" from Houston Texas and "(PS3) Ghostbusters" from Mooseneck, Alaska.[/QUOTE]

Well, that explains it lol. Thanks, bud. :)

[quote name='Cysquatch']Got Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Call of Juarez Bound in blood and Red Faction Guerrilla in my cart for $30 and some change.
[/QUOTE]

I recieved all my games today, the condition of all of them (discs, cases, manual,etc) are great by the way.

The blood capsules on the other hand still haven't showed or shipped for that matter...:roll:, I wish they'd just cancel it already or whatever....

Edit: The capsules apparently shipped today but I got no email...

Last edited by a moderator:
Took me 60 hours to platinum on PS3. Either he is exaggerating or 360 version isn't the same.
[quote name='DeathDream']300.... my god.... I love getting game time out of my games but that might be pushing it lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Ahhh, that took me over 300 hours to 1000/1000 that one, I enjoyed my time with it and I shall never put it back into my Xbox again.:lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cysquatch']I recieved all my games today, the condition of all of them (discs, cases, manual,etc) are great by the way.

The blood capsules on the other hand still haven't showed or shipped for that matter...:roll:, I wish they'd just cancel it already or whatever....
[/QUOTE]

Geez, you must be close to their warehouse. Mine usually take 3-5 days to get to me after getting the shipping email.

This was a great deal. I got all the games I ordered today, they are all in great condition with the cases and manuals.

Unfortunately this is the first and last time I will order from the Hastings website. I'm cool with most of my games being canceled and them changing my free shipping to paid (even though I got in on the glitch), but the two games that weren't canceled both arrived in questionable condition, especially for "used."

MGS4 had a case full of glitter. I opened it and now there's glittery crap all over my carpeting. GTAIV came in just a plain white paper slip. Dammit.

Just got my Mass Effect 1 and 2 today. Games are both in pristine condition and came with original box and art. I'm very satisfied, Gohastings just nabbed themselves a new customer.

I hate you all for getting your games lol I want mine :)

Still playing The Saboteur though ... almost done. Might finish up just in time to get my games. Wishful thinking.

EDIT!!!!! WOOOOO I got my games :)

Edit 2: All games are in good-great condition. Missing Army of Two 40th Day still. Everything else showed up... including the blood lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kazaganthi']Took me 60 hours to platinum on PS3. Either he is exaggerating or 360 version isn't the same.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're right, it was a bit of a misfire on time, it was actually 206 hours, my mistake.
:D

My Blue Dragon time was 186:40:58, and my Lost Odyssey time was 160:34, I guess I just take forever.:lol:

I was really tempted to pick up Lost Odyssey but I think one Turn Base RPG is enough for me ... if I got to put that kind of time into it at least lol. Feel like I would be playing an MMORPG XD

[quote name='DeathDream']Geez, you must be close to their warehouse. Mine usually take 3-5 days to get to me after getting the shipping email.[/QUOTE]

Haha yea, I was expecting them to come on Wednesday or later but this works too.

Hello bit of a noob here but wanted to give a heads up to everyone. I placed an order with gohastings (a few dvds and a game) not too long ago and all but the game had shipped. Checked my order history and the game said shipping in progress but beneath it "out of stock" so I called customer service and they told me their system updates every two hours and that even though the website was able to sell it to me that there was no copy to be sold in the first place.

Other than that I'm happy with them besides the fact I bought a strategy guide from them but now have no game. Guess I'll look for the game elsewhere.

5 games in, look pretty mint, 1 bad case, but that's okay, I bought 10 spares a while back since I buy most of my games used on the secondary market and get some busted cases here and there. Very quick shipping, very impressed, probably will buy again.

7/8 complete, 6 in pristine condition, 1 heavily scratched and installable and another with a decent amount of scratches and permanent marker on the disc.

Wishing I picked up more of the $5 games.

I'm sad that PoP was cancelled. But FO3 and DA:O came in with the blood capsules today. They're both in great condition. I can't wait to play them! If I like DA:O I'll have to get DA2. Origins came with the DLC codes but I doubt they'll work. I'll try putting them in later. But overall I'm happy with goHastings.

I only received emails for 5 of my 9 games, but 8 of 9 just showed up. All complete in good condition. One of them was still sealed with sticker ripped off wrapping, I opened it and it has reg card and new game smell! lol
Anyone else get a sealed used game?

The 1 game that didn't come, it was one of the 5 emails, so it should be here tomorrow.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I only received emails for 5 of my 9 games, but 8 of 9 just showed up. All complete in good condition. One of them was still sealed with sticker ripped off wrapping, I opened it and it has reg card and new game smell! lol
Anyone else get a sealed used game?

The 1 game that didn't come, it was one of the 5 emails, so it should be here tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

no sealed game, but my tiger woods 11 still had a good online code in it, so that was a surprise bonus

bread's done
Back