GoHastings: 25% Off Used Games

[quote name='Kazaganthi']One of them was still sealed with sticker ripped off wrapping, I opened it and it has reg card and new game smell! lol
[/QUOTE]

yea my Call of Juarez (great game so far btw!) had the security/authenticity sticker still on the opening of the front and had that "smell" lol. So it's questionably "used"....

DVDs arrived en masse today. All the discs looked pretty good, some superficial issues but nothing serious. Cases ranged from pristine to one that looked like had box cutter taken to it. Overall, very satisfied to finally knock so many films off my to buy list.

ordered 24 games.
21 shipped.
1 got canceled.
2 still in progress.
i didn't think about my small maillbox when i ordered so many games lol

[quote name='realwords']Uncharted 2, MAG, MW2, and Call of Juarez for 75 dollars. Should I pull the trig?[/QUOTE]

You could probably find them cheaper separately if you're going to buy used. All for PS3 I assume?

Anyone ever bought any of the Rock Band games that are exportable from them? I see they have used Green Day: Rock Band Plus for 360 but I'm not sure if the code for the dlc and export would be usable with it. Still asking $40 before 25% for it.

[quote name='thextreme1']Dragon Age: Origins Used - Xbox 360 $9.73
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 Used - Xbox 360 $19.95
Heroes Over Europe Used - Xbox 360 $6.30
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage Used - Xbox 360 $7.12

Total = $52.22

4 Long games for less than the price of one. Cant believe HAWX 2 was only $20 and Dragon Age was only $9.73! Great prices! Thanks for posting this deal.[/QUOTE]

Update: Received all of my games today, in damn near mint condition with manuals. HAWX 2 didnt even look like it had been played.

Good stuff and great deals! Still waiting on my new copy of Dirt 2.

My copies of Killzone 2 and GTA 4 arrived yesterday. GTA4 is in fantastic shape, looks like it was barely used. Killzone was good except for the case had some sticker residue on both the front and back still. Nothing a little work can't fix :D Overall, goHastings wins again. Great deals and games come in great shape.

Got Dragon Age Awakening since I already picked up Origins really cheap (better deal for me then the Ultimate Edition)... received it yesterday and they sent the wrong damn game!!!

They sent me Origins instead of Awakening and on the receipt in the package it says Origins too...yet online on the order form I clearly ordered Awakening. My guess is that the game's name is so long that it wouldn't all fit on the shipping form and so the cut it off at "Origins" and that's what they sent.

Emailed them yesterday around 3pm EST and haven't heard back yet. If I don't hear back today I'll call tomorrow.

Not a good experience from my first GoHastings order so far 8o(.

In for Enslaved, for $33 and change. I'm excited, from what I've heard this is a phenomenal game and is an experience worth remembering.

Waiting on two more games. Already have 12. One of them was the wrong one, another had a booger plastered on to the center ring. Looks like a few of these were once gamefly rentals (have the same claw marks GFs usually do.) Waiting on two more, hope they're the correct ones and they function properly.

But golly. Wiping a booger off of a disc was harder than I thought it'd be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP for posting this deal. Pick up Prince of Persia & The Saboteur for PS3 $17.93 shipped. Just wondering how are these two games, I'd read mixed reviews?

Didn't reply when I first made my order but I received everything but Dante's Inferno on Monday and while I got a cracked hub on one and King Kong was pretty worn, everything seemed near mint:
Quantity:1,Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 Used - Xbox 360 $6.24Discount: 1 for $6.24 each
Quantity:1,Dance Dance Revolution Universe Used - Xbox 360 $3.72Discount: 1 for $3.7199999999999998 each
Quantity:1,Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie Used - Xbox 360 $3.72Discount: 1 for $3.7199999999999998 each
Quantity:1,Army of Two: The 40th Day Used - Xbox 360 $12.97Discount: 1 for $12.969999999999999 each
Quantity:1,Dante's Inferno Used - Xbox 360 $12.97Discount: 1 for $12.969999999999999 each
Quantity:1,Halloween Flashing Necklace Seasonal $2.99

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Thanks OP for posting this deal. Pick up Prince of Persia & The Saboteur for PS3 $17.93 shipped. Just wondering how are these two games, I'd read mixed reviews?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Prince of Persia and The Saboteur was a pleasant surprise. I think you'll have a great time with both games.

[quote name='Interfeci']But golly. Wiping a booger off of a disc was harder than I though it'd be.[/QUOTE]

omg that is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Thanks OP for posting this deal. Pick up Prince of Persia & The Saboteur for PS3 $17.93 shipped. Just wondering how are these two games, I'd read mixed reviews?[/QUOTE]
I absolutely loved Saboteur. Picked it up when it was cheap, liked it so much I went and got the platinum. I'm not normally the type to get all x, destroy all x but it was just a great atmosphere and game that it was enjoyable all the way through!

Thanks Sway & derekg52 for your opinion on Saboteur. I got tired of these open world sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto, hopefully i'll enjoy Saboteur.

I think it depends on where you live.

I ordered GT5 : Prologue (to complete my GT collection) late on Friday and it shipped on Sunday, but I didn't get it until today.

It came in awesome condition, a little smudge on the bottom, but I was able to get that out with a cloth. It was the original version too, no greatest hits.

What do people normally do when you get the wrong game? Call them? Email their costumer support? Or is there a form on the website I'm missing?

I saw on the first page someone said their used games were guaranteed to come complete, but I wanted to check and make sure this included hand held games and older systems? I would be buying PS2, PSP and DS games which I find most sites sell incomplete, anyone know if they guarantee these to come complete too?

[quote name='MSI Magus']I saw on the first page someone said their used games were guaranteed to come complete, but I wanted to check and make sure this included hand held games and older systems? I would be buying PS2, PSP and DS games which I find most sites sell incomplete, anyone know if they guarantee these to come complete too?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Someone was wrong.

This is the correct statement.

[quote name='sokari']NOT all used games come with original case and manual; you can end up with a generic case and/or no manual.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamer6587']can anyone tell me how fast their shipping is??? if I order a used game that was released a couple weeks ago, will it ship immediately?[/QUOTE]

I ordered last Wednesday and my games were here on Monday or Tuesday(Didnt get the mail on Monday).

[quote name='gamer6587']I got 2k11 for $37!!! I rechecked and it is now out of stock, looks like I got the last copy of the game[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be cancelled. :p

Haha, but honestly hope it ships for you. I had a similar experience with "Just Cause 2" (PS3). Bought it, hours later it was out of stock. Day later, they cancelled my order for most likely insufficient stock. It's all kinda iffy till you get a shipping confirmation email.

Sports Champions still shows as available for 27 something, but my order got cancelled. I went and placed another order and that got cancelled too...bugger!!!

I noticed that the :360: game Jurassic: The Hunted became in stock again after my order was cancelled a few days back. I'm not holding my breath it'll still come in, but $8 total is a great deal for this dinosaur fan.

Ha ha wow... my used copy of Fallout: New Vegas got here today, and was horrified when i saw that the case looked like someone had stepped on it then taken a knife to it. Guess they don't like Fallout! The game (surprisingly) was fine however, so no love lost i guess :p

My Warhawk bundle came without the headset, so customer service gave me a shipping label to send it back.

Everything else was great...my used Super Mario Galaxy 2 Collector's Edition guide came sealed!

Let me ask one more time... is Gohastings usually more receptive to emails or phone calls about wrong items received/issues? I know some websites lean heavily one way or the other. Emailed them early tues afternoon and no reply yet, wondering if I should give it till Friday or call tomorrow.

[quote name='JKSonic']Let me ask one more time... is Gohastings usually more receptive to emails or phone calls about wrong items received/issues? I know some websites lean heavily one way or the other. Emailed them early tues afternoon and no reply yet, wondering if I should give it till Friday or call tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Call them, you'd get a faster response, judging from other people who had issues with them.

[quote name='jello44']Call them, you'd get a faster response, judging from other people who had issues with them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I'm just asking because I know some websites have a quick turnaround and are usually MUCH more generous through email then over the phone (if you're lucky enough to be able to actually talk to somebody).

[quote name='JKSonic']Thanks... I'm just asking because I know some websites have a quick turnaround and are usually MUCH more generous through email then over the phone (if you're lucky enough to be able to actually talk to somebody).[/QUOTE]

Both time i had issues with the game .. i sent an email first but ended up calling both time where they provided me a mailer to ship the game back. Its pretty easy to get someone on the phone and I had no issues.

They usually respond to emails later since after i called both times I got an email response also from my original emails i had sent.

I think I've ordered a total of 50+ blurays and games from them, and they've missed one thing up of mine so far. I emailed them on a Saturday, and it was resolved Monday.

[quote name='thresherhorn']Prepare to be cancelled. :p

Haha, but honestly hope it ships for you. I had a similar experience with "Just Cause 2" (PS3). Bought it, hours later it was out of stock. Day later, they cancelled my order for most likely insufficient stock. It's all kinda iffy till you get a shipping confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

you jinxed me!!!! how hard is it to consolidate a national inventory system, I tried again after seeing it in stock and canceled the second time

if something is too good to be true, it most likely is

finally my last 32 DVD come today with a mailbox drop off in my store......I can't imagine how they make money with dvd......each individual shipping is killing them...i havent check all the DVD yet, so far i watched 3 and is fine. only 1 or 2 DVD cover have been damaged. nothing is major......

Total i paid ~$47 with free shipping instead 25% off (added Halloween item to the cart)

[quote name='gamer6587']you jinxed me!!!! how hard is it to consolidate a national inventory system, I tried again after seeing it in stock and canceled the second time

if something is too good to be true, it most likely is[/QUOTE]

Lets say their inventory system actually does say one copy, but it's been stolen and they don't notice until you order it. Now, spread this across all stores, then you have losses, damages, etc. Count in associates who forget to actually do things like that, and their numbers tend to be off (even if you have a national inventory system, which their site generally has.)

The site itself seems to update every day. So if it's OOS right now, it might not show up OOS until tomorrow.

My order was a mixed bag.....

The Godfather II - Case had Gamestop stickers on the front back, being a a PS3 game it was in mint.
Saints Row 2 - Platinum Hits packaging, game/box mint.
Forza 3 - Mint, seemed brand new (even had unused code for extra cars)
Army of 2: The 40th Day - Mint, had French Canadian packaging though.
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC - inside of the 360 disc has cracks, game was scratched to hell.

I'm thinking about sending MK back, but I may be too lazy. If the game installs to the hard drive, I'll probably keep it. Not 100% satisfied, but no covers/manuals were missing, and the majority of the discs were in great shape. Still not completely on par with Gamefly (for me), but blows Gamestop out of the water.

[quote name='tornadog']Sports Champions still shows as available for 27 something, but my order got cancelled. I went and placed another order and that got cancelled too...bugger!!![/QUOTE]

It seems like every move game is getting cancelled. I haven't been able to pick up eyepet or kung fu riders.

bread's done
Back