GoHastings 3 for $21 used/pv Blu-rays

junglalien

CAGiversary!
Static_09.09_Movies_aXAxudDJ.jpg

http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MO...e/MOVIE.uts?from=moviestatic&utm_nooverride=1

wow i think gohastings took down everything that qualifies that i wanted because i had stuff in my cart and was looking yesterday and now at 3am its all OOS.

Thanks OP. It took me a while to find 3 in stock that I wanted. It sucks that A film a really wanted sold out right before I was about to check out.

I got really excited when I found stuff like Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead Season 2, and other good used blurays in stock. Then I quickly realized that these don't quality for the sale. My heart was about to pump out of my chest for the few seconds that I thought I'd buy these for $7 a piece. :p

Thanks again OP.

Do these come with original cases and multiple discs? For some, the stock picture shows that it is a combo pack, but does it only come with one disc?

I picked up War Horse, which has been stuck at $24.99 forever, Shawshank Redemption, which has been out of stock for every other sale Hastings has had recently, and the animated Lord of the Rings. I was surprised to see War Horse eligible for $7.

chronos - The vast majority of used Hastings Blu-rays I've ordered have come in the original cases and with all of the original discs included. I've gotten two or three pre-owned Blu-rays (which are usually ex-rentals) instead of used, which are supposed to come in the original case, and complete. In every case but one, I've been able to call Hastings customer service, and they've refunded the cost of the mistake movie WITHOUT my having to return it. YMMV on that, and I think it depends to some degree on the price of the movie. In the only case that they required me to return the movie, they sent me a prepaid return shipping label. So, they took care of the very few mistakes quickly and with little hassle.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Do these come with original cases and multiple discs? For some, the stock picture shows that it is a combo pack, but does it only come with one disc?[/QUOTE]

There is no way to know that. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

[quote name='seether254']wow i think gohastings took down everything that qualifies that i wanted because i had stuff in my cart and was looking yesterday and now at 3am its all OOS.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean they took down everything that qualifies, just means all the stuff you wanted are oos because others bought them. The sale starts at 10pm (give or take 10-15 mins for the code to actually work properly) on the west cost, so it's already been 5 hours for others to have swiped what you wanted, especially if they were popular titles. Many of the titles were already oos an hour after the sale started, so I can imagine it was even worse once 3am rolled around.

Yeah a ton of movies were bought up when it went live. Most of the 3D titles were available and qualified, The Hunger Games, etc... Check out the thread at blu-ray.com for what people got.

I was pretty late, but ended up with: Hugo, Star Trek (3-Disc), and Tin Tin. I'd be happy to get one of those, but if all of them get cancelled, I won't sweat it

[quote name='xfilekr']darn, I tried War Horse this am and it wouldnt work :([/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Usually you want to get in about 15-20 minutes after the sale starts to really get good use out of these sales, otherwise everything goes oos. :*(

Yep, you guys need to realize that quite a few of these titles it can simply be only 1 copy available. You're not in on these deals in the 1st 20 minutes you can kiss your wishlist goodbye.

Your best bet is to just keep monitoring the site throughout the week and hope someone trades the title in. Otherwise set your clock every Saturday night and make sure you're on right away to at least see what the deal is for that week if there is one.

FYI for me if i received a blu ray or game or whatever from Gohasings that was damaged or something and called them up to complain they would usually issue me a refund and if the cost of the item was low enough they would just tell you to keep it. Now however, no matter the cost of the item (it could be like $3), they will not issue you a refund until you ship it back to them. That in itself isnt the bad part the bad part is that i was told that the refund would take 3-4 weeks after they have received the item. Just me venting and a FYI to others.

[quote name='seether254']FYI for me if i received a blu ray or game or whatever from Gohasings that was damaged or something and called them up to complain they would usually issue me a refund and if the cost of the item was low enough they would just tell you to keep it. Now however, no matter the cost of the item (it could be like $3), they will not issue you a refund until you ship it back to them. That in itself isnt the bad part the bad part is that i was told that the refund would take 3-4 weeks after they have received the item. Just me venting and a FYI to others.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I've had them refund me and tell me to keep the item as recent as a few days ago. I've also had them refund me the shipping and let me keep the items because the items were damaged in transit.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I was pretty late, but ended up with: Hugo, Star Trek (3-Disc), and Tin Tin. I'd be happy to get one of those, but if all of them get cancelled, I won't sweat it[/QUOTE]

Got shipping confirmation for all three :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']Got shipping confirmation for all three :D[/QUOTE]

Me too for the first order. Now awaiting the others. :3

[quote name='seether254']wow i think gohastings took down everything that qualifies that i wanted because i had stuff in my cart and was looking yesterday and now at 3am its all OOS.[/QUOTE]
I think they took down everything. lol I went to page 100 and couldn't even get Haunted Mansion. Just keep getting Not found pages. wtf

[quote name='joeyshadows']I think they took down everything. lol I went to page 100 and couldn't even get Haunted Mansion. Just keep getting Not found pages. wtf[/QUOTE]

Yeah they took down everything :roll:

Hmm...everything I have in my cart is still there, in-stock, with the promo applied. Was still thinking over a possible better 3rd title than Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which is why I hadn't checked out yet. I am also seeing the issue Joeyshadows mentioned (all product pages are shown as 'cannot be found' after clicking the promo link from the main gohastings page).

Hoping they will do another blanket book promo next round of sales.

The real kicker is that I can go to my local hastings and find all the movies I want used on their shelves to purchase in store at regular price. Apparently the online store only pulls stock from a select number of stores. Its BS. They should offer the promo for both in store and online.

[quote name='sobishop']The real kicker is that I can go to my local hastings and find all the movies I want used on their shelves to purchase in store at regular price. Apparently the online store only pulls stock from a select number of stores. Its BS. They should offer the promo for both in store and online.[/QUOTE]

They'd be out of business if they offered some of these prices in store.

Went ahead and placed another order. Superman Doomsday, Allstar Superman, and saw that American Reunion was restocked so I got that as my 3rd choice. Love this coupon.

[quote name='sobishop']The real kicker is that I can go to my local hastings and find all the movies I want used on their shelves to purchase in store at regular price. Apparently the online store only pulls stock from a select number of stores. Its BS. They should offer the promo for both in store and online.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I use goHastings whenever there is something that they don't have at my local store.

M

I recieved my order in the mail the other day. I bought:

Underworld Awakening 3D
Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance 3D
Batman Year One

Right now I just put in another order. One of the movies I really really wanted came back in stock. I couldn't find two other movies I wanted worth $7 each. Instead I added two cheap $2 movies. So all in all I bought...

The Hunger Games
New York Stories

Received my first order today, all came from the same place.
Despicable Me (3 Disc) - BD looked like new, but the DVD is glitchy.
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (1 Disc) - Unplayable
Lion King 1 1/2 (SE) - Like New

Received two movies from my 2nd order, came from two different locations.
Lorax (? Disc) - BRAND SPANKING NEW 4 STILL SEALED!
Mad Men: S1 (3 Disc) - N/A
Lion King (? Disc) - Like New

And the rest I havn't recieved yet:
The Hunger Game
Bolt
Lion King 2

Big Bang Theory S1
Breaking Bad S2
Mad Men S3

I probbly would of spent a ton more if I reconized the sale earlier... Twilight, DesMe, Lorax were movie requests but Lorax is now a Xmas present. Lion King 2, and 1 1/2 goes with my 3d version. Hunger Game, Bolt, Breaking Bad, Mad Men were really just fillers. Big Bang Theory is my prize. Mad Men 1 just wanted to see what the hype was about.

[quote name='Squarehard']They'd be out of business if they offered some of these prices in store.[/QUOTE]

They would be fine. They offer very little trade in for these movies and most people pick store credit cause it is more. No cost inventory.

Imagine that! I log in today and now the movies I been wanting on all week during the promotion are finally in stock. fucktards!!

bread's done
Back