GoHastings 30% Off All Used Video Games, Accessories, and Hardware 4/8-4/9

So I know this has been asked hundreds of times before, but which usually come in better condition: used or previously viewed?

Hey, has anybody bought a console from them? I'm considering an 4g xbox slim for 120, but am concerned about the condition

Used. This sale only applies to used games anyway; just like nearly every other one they do. Thanks for the heads up GoU. Picked up 10 games, my wish list was getting huge. Very competitive with Gamestop's sale on newer games and quite a bit better for older ones.

[quote name='Luxuria']So I know this has been asked hundreds of times before, but which usually come in better condition: used or previously viewed?[/QUOTE]

Aye Used, I ordered a load of games in the last sale and choose used every time and everything was in near mint condition.

EDIT - I assume there's no code I could use to get free shipping here ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, thanks! Looks like I'm going to have to pick up a few games. Go go backlog!

Would have been awesome if they had used 3DS' already. xD

[quote name='Luxuria']So I know this has been asked hundreds of times before, but which usually come in better condition: used or previously viewed?[/QUOTE]

Used = trade-ins
Previously viewed = rentals

You be the judge.

Thanks. I had a few games I put into my cart, but decided to just get WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 for $25 total.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']From their Facebook....
http://www.gohastings.com/

Coupon Code: WGF[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for posting this. Finally decided to pick up some PS3 titles that I've been waiting to drop below $10.

Items:
Quantity: 1, God of War III Used - PlayStation 3 $9.97 Discount: 1 for $9.97 each
Quantity: 1, Final Fantasy XIII Used - PlayStation 3 $8.87 Discount: 1 for $8.87 each
Quantity: 1, Dante's Inferno Used - PlayStation 3 $6.58 Discount: 1 for $6.58 each
Quantity: 1, Nier Used - PlayStation 3 $6.98 Discount: 1 for $6.98 each
Quantity: 1, 3D Dot Game Heroes Used - PlayStation 3 $8.08 Discount: 1 for $8.08 each

Merchandise:$40.48
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:$11.40
Total:$51.88

The past two times I've ordered from them the games look like they had been through a tornado, and were quickly shipped back to them at my cost. So I've lost money. Not sucking me in this time.

I have never heard of gohastings until I came to this site. I absolutely love buying from them. Prices are amazing for used games with these promos. Crysis 2 for $33 is great along with getting older games I always wanted for like $5. Great deal. Shipping always sucks, but if you just add like $2 to each item it's not bad at all.

Thanks op. Time to spend.

[quote name='thedanceman']Does the B&M Hastings price match the online gohastings prices ever?[/QUOTE]

My local hastings never has pm gohastings. I tried with the $20 Fallout 3 goty.

Wow some pretty good prices on most things after the code. New Vegas for PS3 is like $15 shipped, Fatal Frame 2 for about $15, Castlevania for Xbox = $19, Mass Effect 2 PS3 for $25..

They have the Ultimate Sith edition for SW: The Force Unleashed for the PS3 for like $29. No guarantee of the condition or contents of course.

wait, I thought goHastings was going to hand out free shipping a while back if they received a certain number of "likes" on facebook...anyone know what happened to that?

[quote name='diishen']wait, I thought goHastings was going to hand out free shipping a while back if they received a certain number of "likes" on facebook...anyone know what happened to that?[/QUOTE]

They did that already.

It was part of a mutli-deal day thing. It was their first offer and it was up for a couple hours. Then, later on, they had one again for the West Coast people who might have missed it because it was pretty early in the day.

A few more:
Just Cause 2 Xbox = $14
Professor Layton Diabolical Box = $12
God Of War 3 = $12.25
Two Worlds II Xbox = $21.53
A used 160GB PS3 = $192 (better off at Amazon Warehouse for these)

I have too many games to play, but I did get a Blue DSI XL for $110. I almost picked up a DSI from Amazon for $95 but this is probably a better buy.

I've had very good look with used items from gohastings, and hopefully the dsi xl comes complete...

The Xbox 360 4 gb slim is around $120 too...

thanks OP

Quantity: 1, Transformers: War for Cybertron Used - PlayStation 3 $9.96 Discount: 1 for $9.96 each
Quantity: 1, Just Cause 2 Used - PlayStation 3 $11.92 Discount: 1 for $11.92 each
Quantity: 1, The Beatles: Rock Band Used - PlayStation 3 $3.48 Discount: 1 for $3.48 each
Quantity: 1, Alan Wake Used - Xbox 360 $11.92 Discount: 1 for $11.92 each

Merchandise:$37.28
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:$9.12
Total:$46.40

Pretty excited about this order. Can't wait to play Crysis 2.

Quantity: 1, Army of Two: The 40th Day Used - Xbox 360 $6.48 Discount: 1 for $6.48 each
Quantity: 1, F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon Used - Xbox 360 $5.32 Discount: 1 for $5.32 each
Quantity: 1, Crysis 2 Used - Xbox 360 $33.25 Discount: 1 for $33.25 each
Quantity: 1, Heavenly Sword Used - PlayStation 3 $6.86 Discount: 1 for $6.86 each
Quantity: 1, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Used - Xbox 360 $6.10 Discount: 1 for $6.10 each
Quantity: 1, Backbreaker Used - Xbox 360 $6.49 Discount: 1 for $6.49 each
Quantity: 1, Crackdown 2 Used - Xbox 360 $6.39 Discount: 1 for $6.39 each
Quantity: 1, Nier Used - Xbox 360 $6.48 Discount: 1 for $6.48 each
Quantity: 1, Dead to Rights: Retribution Used - Xbox 360 $6.41 Discount: 1 for $6.41 each
Quantity: 1, Wet Used - Xbox 360 $6.43 Discount: 1 for $6.43 each
Quantity: 1, Open Season Used - Xbox 360 $3.48 Discount: 1 for $3.48 each

30% off is nice but the shipping & tax just kills it for me. I'll debate it ... here's what I'm looking at:

:360: Shift 2, $25.91
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5, $25.26
:360: Spiderman:Shattered Dimensions, $14.93
:360: Naruto:Rise of a Ninja, $4.58

Total = $70.68 ... I could pull that trigger...

+$6.58 Tax +$9.12 Shipping

New Total = $86.38 ... Still a good deal, but ouch!

Actually, now that I compare pricing, the final price of a few items is only a few (3-5%) percent higher than what you would get from the gamestop buy2g1 deal. Only problem is you don't get to pre-inspect them. Hastings has lower up front prices but they're offset by the shipping and no 10% off Gamestop card.

[quote name='fortunado']Actually, now that I compare pricing, the final price of a few items is only a few (3-5%) percent higher than what you would get from the gamestop buy2g1 deal. Only problem is you don't get to pre-inspect them. Hastings has lower up front prices but they're offset by the shipping and no 10% off Gamestop card.[/QUOTE]

You just need to know what the prices are at Gamestop...there are a TON of games that are a better deal on Hastings even after shipping, plus you don't need to buy in multiples of 3.

Here's what I got so far...took a few off but might go back for Split Second 360...prefer it for PS3, though. All prices were after shipping. No tax on my orders.

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Bundle: $30
ODST: $8.10
Kingdom hearts 2: $6.59
Super Street Fighter 4 PS3: $13
Virtua Fighter 4 PS3: $5.40
Mini Ninjas PS3: $9.35 (Happiest about this one)

Edit: Added Dead to Rights PS3 and Splatterhouse PS3 for $24 dlvd. That's about $100 for 8 games (2 fairly new ones) and a guitar...I'll take it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']You just need to know what the prices are at Gamestop...there are a TON of games that are a better deal on Hastings even after shipping, plus you don't need to buy in multiples of 3.[/QUOTE]

This. Plus Gamestops prices are much higher on newer released games

Thinking about getting Crysis 2 used. Is there anything I should be aware of (EA online pass, DLC tokens, etc.)?

EDIT: Just did a quick Google search. No online pass, thankfully.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I picked up Bioshock two for just short of 9 dollars. Hopefully it comes complete.

Anyone know how often they do?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say that most of the time they come complete, but there are those few cases where they don't but most of those are orders of obscure or older games. You should be fine if you are ordering a somewhat recent game, most of my orders have come complete and in great condition (only a couple had slightly scratched disks and or were missing the manual)

wow what a great sale, picked up ...

GOW3
Ninja Gaiden sigma 2
FFXIII
uncharted 2
backbreaker (lol just want to try it out)
Demon Souls
GT5
Dantes Inferno

all for just $110....awesome

[quote name='ARCorr']Thanks op, picked up a 250 gb hard drive for $37[/QUOTE]
Shit. I ordered that with an inferior coupon code (99 cent shipping) and they wound up cancelling on me.

Can anyone who has bought a ps3 or other system from them before please give some details about what happened (condition, contents, etc.)?

bread's done
Back