Gohastings Buy 2 get 3rd $1 Sale

Went ahead and picked up Bad Company 2, Singularity, Split/second, all 360 for 61.04, couldn't get any the codes to work but 60 for 3 newer games that I'm been looking for, you can't beat that

I'v tried firefox and explorer, and still no luck, guess ill give it some time. keep getting this error message when i click on show cart
'Sorry! We're Working on This Page.
spacer.gif

We're sorry. An error has occurred when attempting to process your request. Please go back and try your request again, or return at a later time.'
grrrr
i just hope the items i want arent sold out by the time i get it working. i was at the checkout page finale but got busy and when i got back it timed out. grrrr

[quote name='Velo214']few flips. gamefly has mario n sonic winter 2 for 31.25->40 bestbuy. also gohastings b2g1$ is good for mario and sonic olympics and dragon age. both 18ish but tax/shipping is killer on gohastings. gamefly was free shipping and 1.25 tax, gohastings is about 11.50 shipping and tax, ouch! but still 45->60 flip if ya want. peace out![/QUOTE]

Is it really worth it to flip games for a BB Gift Card? Best Buy has nothing worth buying at their insane prices. I guess they're OK if you're looking for specific games or don't mind waiting until they put a game you want on sale.

[quote name='rp71284']Is it really worth it to flip games for a BB Gift Card? Best Buy has nothing worth buying at their insane prices. I guess they're OK if you're looking for specific games or don't mind waiting until they put a game you want on sale.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy had a 40" 1080p 120Hz LED tv on clearance for $500 today...so I'm stocking up on credit (got about 300 so far, with another 180 on the way) for deals like this (but in the 50-60" range)

i think previously viewed is like rentals and used is a trade in. no idea tho, ;)
are you able to use gohastings? it still is errored for me...

[quote name='souNdwAve89']What is the different between "previously viewed" and used?[/QUOTE]
previously viewed - store used rentals
used -trade ins

Was giving errors (website but it appears to be up again.)

I just got hit with 10 dollars and shipping/taxes... Never knew that Hastings had stores in MO.

So, no deal(s) to be had for me.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Was giving errors (website but it appears to be up again.)

I just got hit with 10 dollars and shipping/taxes... Never knew that Hastings had stores in MO.

So, no deal(s) to be had for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the tax is rough on top of the shipping charges. Hastings has stores in Jefferson City and Warrensburg, MO that I have been into. There may be others as well.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Yeah, the tax is rough on top of the shipping charges. Hastings has stores in Jefferson City and Warrensburg, MO that I have been into. There may be others as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually have some 'close' up in St. Joe and somewhere else... Don't remember when I looked.

[quote name='imjpwutup']so would you be able to think bout it as 3 $8+ games with free shipping lol[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's true... another different way to put it..

Well, I just blew 142$ on 12 games. Considering buying 3 new games would cost 190$, that's a pretty decent deal.

anyone able to get the coupons working on this? i found gogoshopper5 and gogoshopper7 and the gametime10 but i guess they don't stack with the b2g1?
nevermind, merchandise had to be 70 before it worked...hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
$7 Off $70 Any Purchase
Coupon Code: fatwallet7 (expires 8/31/10 11:59pm)

It stacks with the B2G1, i just made my order.

Seems like none of the 5 off 50 codes work though.

If you're interested in amazon credit, you can flip 3 madden 11 for the wii ... total is 86 ... amazon takes it right now for 35 a piece, ie 105. The caution would be 1. you need to get the games in time and 2. what if you don't get the full game? Not worth it to me.

[quote name='ploppsdman']If you're interested in amazon credit, you can flip 3 madden 11 for the wii ... total is 86 ... amazon takes it right now for 35 a piece, ie 105. The caution would be 1. you need to get the games in time and 2. what if you don't get the full game? Not worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

It might, but only because GoHastings' used games come from all over. If it was like GS and were all fulfilled at the same time, I'd bet you'd get at least 1 with no case and 1 with no manual.

picked up Magna Carta 2, Eternal Sonata, and Ratchet and Clank:CIT for 47.48 shipped.
Essentially about $15 per game, pretty good deal to me.

Picked up 2x modnation racers and fallout goty, used the fatwallet7 code, got 3 for $71 shipped. Will resell 2 and keep 1 for pennies :)

Good deals on some used games. Tempted to pick up God of War III, Uncharted 2, and Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4, LBP GOtY, and 3D Dot Heroes for $112, but my backlog is too much to justify right now. Since they run B2G1 often, I will wait until I finish some games.

I tried it on a few $3 cd's, but shipping makes it not really worth it. It seems like the prices need to be over $10 to really be worth it compared to free shipping (like a few weeks ago) or 30% off.

[quote name='ploppsdman']If you're interested in amazon credit, you can flip 3 madden 11 for the wii ... total is 86 ... amazon takes it right now for 35 a piece, ie 105. The caution would be 1. you need to get the games in time and 2. what if you don't get the full game? Not worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

You can't order more than 2 copies of a title so you need something else to complete the B2G1

[quote name='imjpwutup']so would you be able to think bout it as 3 $8+ games with free shipping lol[/QUOTE]

Info on the free shipping

[quote name='JYabbz']Info on the free shipping[/QUOTE]

Shipping is 2.28 per title. What he's saying is that instead of looking at it as B2G1Free and then still paying tax and shipping, look at it as buying 3 games and getting free shipping.

[quote name='kataztrophik']You can't order more than 2 copies of a title so you need something else to complete the B2G1[/QUOTE]

Except that when I enter 3 copies of Madden 11, it puts 3 in my cart. Not every game has that restriction

[quote name='ploppsdman']Except that when I enter 3 copies of Madden 11, it puts 3 in my cart. Not every game has that restriction[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I never saw anything that allowed me to add more than 2 so I assumed it was across the entire store. Nice to know, thanks

Hmm Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Singularity? I realize I have to buy that $10 EA pass -_- Do people even still play BC2 online?

I currently have DBZ Raging Blast and Alan Wake in my cart. It's between those two for the third now. I was going to leave DBZ and get the rest, but I loved the Budokai games and I want to beat this before RB2 comes out.

I was draggin my feet hoping for a coupon or something else coming in stock and Uncharted 2 went out of stock ... soooo .... I'd make a decision quick, if I were you. Buy or don't.

So tempting. I want to pick up a few things, but I'm on the fence. Shipping and tax really is a sticking point with me here. So many things I'd like to pick up become less "hot" when you factor in $10 in shipping and tax.

snagged the last demons souls deluxe edition with this deal.

3 games averaged out to about $30 a piece.

I don't mind paying $30 normalish price for 3 games if the third is DS deluxe =).

-anyone ever order used collectors editions from them before?

I just bought marvel ultimate alliance 2, wolfenstein, and gears of war 2 for 35 bucks
Im glad I waited for MUA2 to drop in price considering I was tempted to buy it on release date for 60 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the?!? 76 dollars in DVD and the shipping would be 90? I see how prices are so low with that massive shipping tacked on over doubling the price.

i was bad.
got 3 each ncaa basketballs, dragon ages, mario olympics and star ocean last hopes.
all flippn at best buy for 20 each. 165 -> 240bestbuy.
i know its alot of bestbuy cred but it works well for me.
also gogoshopper7 for 7 off 70 but has to be 70 total without tax/shipping.

i made an order yesterday-n about an hour later send an email to cancel-

so they shipped both games at full price but cancelled my $1-

any one ever have this happen to them and how did you fix it?

thanx in advance if anyone knows

[quote name='youenvy']i made an order yesterday-n about an hour later send an email to cancel-

so they shipped both games at full price but cancelled my $1-

any one ever have this happen to them and how did you fix it?

thanx in advance if anyone knows[/QUOTE]

Call their customer service and you will likely get a gift card mailed to you for the amount of the cancelled game. That's what happened to me.

Wow the site was just working for me and now it's not. I just finished making my selections and then the site just got nuked. -_- Hopefully I could still make this order.

[quote name='ck76']Wow, bit off topic, anyone bought used DVDs from them? Impressions?[/QUOTE]

I've bought several hundred dvds from them. 2 have been broken in shipping. 5 were subpar in terms of a torn cover or otherwise. 1 they shipped the wrong movie. the rest were anywhere from very good to new.

[quote name='ck76']What the?!? 76 dollars in DVD and the shipping would be 90? I see how prices are so low with that massive shipping tacked on over doubling the price.[/QUOTE]

they used to have cheap shipping until they realized they were losing money on the whole deal. i used to pick up a movie for a dollar, with an additional dollar to ship it. the shipping alone was 2.xx. now they charge 2.xx per movie regardless of how many you buy, which is the actual cost. it sucks for us as buyers, but they had to do it. every movie/game is shipped from a different location.

if you had 90 in shipping, you're buying 40 movies. that still averages out to around $4 per movie total. good luck getting that on amazon (sometimes) or ebay (never).

Just got RDR, Lego Harry Potter, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $75 shipped. Comes down to $25 a game which isn't bad at all. I was going to get the new Blaz Blue or Alan Wake, but Blaz Blue looks "meh" on the 360 and Alan Wake should be less than $20 soon.

bread's done
Back