GoHastings Buy2G1 $1 Previously Viewed Blurays

Looks like used works too, added two previously viewed blus and one used and it looks like the used (the cheaper of 3) is free.

edit- Seems to work on some and not others. As a test, Rush hour 3 (PV), Avatar (PV) and The Guardian (used) comes to $22.90

Added 13 used blu rays to my cart, NONE of them came up free.

Shipping for 13 blu rays is a ridiculous $32.

Tax is another $12.

ROFL, f*ck you hastings. Your blu ray sales used to be decent, but now with 90% of them excluded from the sale and no indication what qualifies and what doesn't, and with shipping charges double, it's terrible.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Added 13 used blu rays to my cart, NONE of them came up free.

Shipping for 13 blu rays is a ridiculous $32.

Tax is another $12.

ROFL, f*ck you hastings. Your blu ray sales used to be decent, but now with 90% of them excluded from the sale and no indication what qualifies and what doesn't, and with shipping charges double, it's terrible.[/QUOTE]

It's not like it says "previously viewed" on the ad or in this thread title or anything... People who know Hastings know that that's not the same thing as "used". I agree that the sale isn't as good as past ones, but that's no reason to exaggerate because you're trying to buy the wrong items.

Also, shipping is that high because each item ships individually because they pull from actual store stock and your items are most likely coming from several different locations. It's really not unfair considering. If you see better prices elsewhere, of course, buy there. But it's retarded to say "blah blah blah kills the deal" if it's still the cheapest option available. If the blu-rays were $0.99 and shipping was $8, would you say "shipping kills the deal"? Who cares how they divide up the cost. Wherever you pay the least is the best deal.

this sale is only for certain blurays. you can only shop the list of blurays which is linked in the email. not all used/previously view blurays qualify for this sale.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Also, shipping is that high because each item ships individually because they pull from actual store stock and your items are most likely coming from several different locations. It's really not unfair considering. If you see better prices elsewhere, of course, buy there. But it's retarded to say "blah blah blah kills the deal" if it's still the cheapest option available. If the blu-rays were $0.99 and shipping was $8, would you say "shipping kills the deal"? Who cares how they divide up the cost. Wherever you pay the least is the best deal.[/QUOTE]

Then they need a better business model. It's not my fault if they can't figure out how to distribute their product effectively. $32 to ship 13 blu rays is EXTREME...actual shipping for that weight is probably $6-$7 or so. Their shipping was already way overpriced even a few months ago when it was roughly $3 for the first and then a dollar each extra, and then they doubled it on top of that. Other companies have figured out how to do ecommerce but hastings remains in the stone age.

Used/previously viewed etc have always worked in the hastings sales, it's only recently that they moved to a very restrictive list where almost nothing is on sale. Go look at where the promotion page takes you and the list is a complete joke. Only a few movies, most of which are outrageously marked up such that this "sale" costs more than regular price. Look at Wanted, the "previously viewed" price got marked up to $14.39. I bought that movie there for $7 around christmas, and even the "used" copy is $6 right now. Only a moron would defend this scam, where they raise the price and then give "buy 2 get 1 free" to make it seem like a deal. 3x $14 movies on b2g1 costs 28, 3x $6 movies not on sale costs $18.

And maybe you can link me to where it says some previously viewed movies are excluded. The ad banner makes no reference to any exclusions, it's false advertising.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do you have to enter a code at checkout?[/QUOTE]
No code is required. Previously viewed are movies that were rented before like from blockbuster or something therefore they might come in unoriginal packaging where used comes with everything.

[quote name='cmedjesky']What is the difference between "previously viewed" and "used"?[/QUOTE]

"Previously viewed" are rental copies, they will probably have a sticker on the center of the disc and might not be in the blu-ray case. "Used" are ones people have traded in, generally they are in excellent condition.

If this sale applied to used it would be a much better deal, but oh well.

On a side note... is there anyway to block/ignore people on here? I've never thought of doing it, but suddenly I have found one annoying enough to.

Just an update on the order I placed with this deal (I ordered 3 copies of Avatar):
Avatar came as the rental exclusive, which is really frustrating since it clearly states on their site that this should be the 2 disc version which comes with the standard DVD. Not such a big deal, but I had been planning on giving those to people who have not yet upgraded to BR and now I don't even get them. And I also thought this might be useful info for people who had ordered Avatar as well.

bread's done
Back