Gohastings.com 20% off entire order valid til 9/30

rudiger94949

CAG Veteran
just got an email from them (found in spam) saying that the 20% promo is back on (in case you missed the last one).

last time this came around, it worked on preorders, haven't checked this time though.

orders have about 2.27 shipping per item, and if you are in Cali, tax free.

WIN0910 is the promo code. ( you must be registered under their email subscription and opt to have emails from them for this to work)

[quote name='noobeffect']Just wondering, has anyone ordered used games from gohastings? If so, how would you rate the quality?[/QUOTE]

about 9/10 come complete, disc in like new condition (all were ps3 games, not sure about xbox or others). only had 1 so far without a manual.

if you buy any used collectors items, the majority will come in bare bones (game and case) with many of the extras broken or missing. (but thats to be expected for the price of some of these- got Demons souls deluxe a while back with kinda beat up case, but game +manual + strat guide for ~$25 shipped)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Will this stack with the B2G1 for $1 deal currently going on?[/QUOTE]

it used to, but they changed the way you add the code (before $1 deal auto applied, then you could add the %20 off, now the $1 deal is an actual code, and you can only use 1 code at checkout)

so for any "previously viewed" titles, preorders, or any other categories (non video games) this works great on, or you were gonna get 2 or less games.

if you were gonna get 3 used games, def go the $1 deal route.

[quote name='noobeffect']Just wondering, has anyone ordered used games from gohastings? If so, how would you rate the quality?[/QUOTE]

i have ordered multiple games from gohastings which stems from original xbox, ps2 games, and ps3 games. They have all come in original cases with manuals with the one one coming in a hollywood video rental case. if you are worried dont be. they ship quick too.

I actually wasn't planning on getting any games, but the thought of 20% off a Buy2 deal sounded good. I've ordered from them in the past though and liked them (didn't like their outrageous shipping). Might pick up Demon's Souls, Skate 3, and something else.

Does anyone else ever have any problems using codes with Hastings? For the past five or so times someone has posted a hastings code, I try to use it and it doesn't seem to apply it, it says it does, but it doesn't.

Well I had bought several 360 games from them used and previously viewed ones. The worst I have gotten is the civilization revolution game which the case was broken, didn't had the manual and the disc was a little beat up.

Used it to pick up :360: SWTFU:USE for $33.38 total. Tried to use the B2G1 code from the other thread, but I couldn't get it to work even though all 3 games were marked as *Used* although I could get it to work if I added a 4th game. Took the 20% instead. It was the only copy they had, so hopefully it goes through. Thanks OP!

[quote name='game addict']Used it to pick up :360: SWTFU:USE for $33.38 total. Tried to use the B2G1 code from the other thread, but I couldn't get it to work even though all 3 games were marked as *Used* although I could get it to work if I added a 4th game. Took the 20% instead. It was the only copy they had, so hopefully it goes through. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I was also looking to get TFU Sith, did you have any problems with the process outside of the B2G1 not working? I've never ordered from GH before, and whenever I enter a code it says it's been applied but the total never changes, even when I'm at the final page for ordering.

I didn't have any other problems. The 20% off worked just fine. I think you need to be logged in first for this code to work though. The OP says that you need to register for their email subscription, so log in, sign up for the emails, then try the code and hopefully that will work.

It said that the coupon has been accepted, but none of the prices changed on my subtotal for the place order screen. Did this happen to anyone else? Do you need to place the order before the deal goes into effect, or does this mean that it didn't work for me?

[quote name='bassfiesta']It said that the coupon has been accepted, but none of the prices changed on my subtotal for the place order screen. Did this happen to anyone else? Do you need to place the order before the deal goes into effect, or does this mean that it didn't work for me?[/QUOTE]

I had to click on the option to receive future deals from them for it to work.

[quote name='bassfiesta']It said that the coupon has been accepted, but none of the prices changed on my subtotal for the place order screen. Did this happen to anyone else? Do you need to place the order before the deal goes into effect, or does this mean that it didn't work for me?[/QUOTE]

Log in with your account, and you should see the discount applied, as another poster stated. Worked for me.

Thanks for the heads up, rudiger94949! I finally picked up a new version of the Atlus release "Class of Heroes" for the PSP and total came to $30.50! :) Anywhere else the game goes for about $40+ with tax and shipping. So, great deal!

[quote name='tmly']I had to click on the option to receive future deals from them for it to work.[/QUOTE]

Ah, got it. I missed that part. Thanks!

With code god of war 3 is 23.74 (shipping included)

Should i bite this.
Gamefly sold out of 18$ copies.\

Or should i pre order the IC/SHADOW OF THE COLUSSES at gamestop
And get GOW 3 for 17$

Thanks op. I got a used copy of Singularity for the PS3 for $23.56. (inclusive of shipping). Good used price to begin with ($26 ), with the coupon it just makes it an even better buy.

so Demon's souls was out of stock for a few days now. It was 18.99 then became 26 and now that it's finally back in stock...30.99. very lame.

Crap. Opposite of Donkey132. The game I ordered yesterday DROPPED in price. It's the weekend, and customer service is closed.

Any possibility of getting a refund if the game has/hasn't shipped and I email CS, and then followup on Monday by phone? Do they even do adjustments?

Thanks.

I had ordered a game from them during their 50% off shipping. For some reason, it was canceled. The item is in stock on their website. I emailed them and asked if they would reinstate the item on my order - they refused. Kind of a bummer that they're willing to say "Computer error, sorry, fuck you, pay more and buy it now."

[quote name='Hibiwa']Crap. Opposite of Donkey132. The game I ordered yesterday DROPPED in price. It's the weekend, and customer service is closed.

Any possibility of getting a refund if the game has/hasn't shipped and I email CS, and then followup on Monday by phone? Do they even do adjustments?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me once... I just cancelled the order first thing on Monday since they had not shipped yet and then reordered.

Just got two game from the B2G1 for a $1 coupon.. both came like new/ecellent condition ... might need to put another order in.

^Whatever you do, contact customer service immediately. Once, I made the mistake of contacting them via e-mail over a holiday weekend to attempt to retroactively apply a coupon that I could have applied, which was an absolute disaster because no one addressed my e-mail until after five days, and even after replying they were avoiding the issue. I didn't cancel my order because it was a frickin' holiday weekend.

The guy I spoke with later on the phone was an absolute dick. He was saying whatever my complaint was, I should have gotten it fixed the same day and that they weren't obligated to fulfill any sort of adjustment or whatever.

[quote name='sadboy']^Whatever you do, contact customer service immediately. Once, I made the mistake of contacting them via e-mail over a holiday weekend to attempt to retroactively apply a coupon that I could have applied, which was an absolute disaster because no one addressed my e-mail until after five days, and even after replying they were avoiding the issue. I didn't cancel my order because it was a frickin' holiday weekend.

The guy I spoke with later on the phone was an absolute dick. He was saying whatever my complaint was, I should have gotten it fixed the same day and that they weren't obligated to fulfill any sort of adjustment or whatever.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Got a Sunday morning shipping notice. Sounds like they won't do jack anyways. I'll save myself the additional grief. Lesson is to NEVER order on a Friday, and weekends. They should at least implement a online cancel button so something can be done when no one is available to help. Sheesh.

Price went way up after I typed this post. Haha.

[quote name='Dreaddan']Is anyone else getting:

We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at [email protected] or 877-427-8464.

Or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Just curious, did you contact customer service? Because today I got a Paypal payment that I was going to use on this sale, so I hurried and ordered the games I wanted, and got the same damn error message when I was trying to check out. I honestly wasn't going to buy from them again after my last experience didn't go so well, but this deal was too good to pass up. Now it looks like I won't be dealing with them anymore anyways.

[quote name='rainking187']Just curious, did you contact customer service? Because today I got a Paypal payment that I was going to use on this sale, so I hurried and ordered the games I wanted, and got the same damn error message when I was trying to check out. I honestly wasn't going to buy from them again after my last experience didn't go so well, but this deal was too good to pass up. Now it looks like I won't be dealing with them anymore anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I contacted Customer Service (via email), and they told me to do the order over the phone so they could help remedy the problem. Everything went without a hitch- I don't think they were supposed to, but they let me apply the coupon code. The only thing I could really complain about was that it took 3 days for Customer Service to get back to me, and by that time, the prices had fluctuated on the games that I ordered.

[quote name='Dreaddan']Yep, I contacted Customer Service (via email), and they told me to do the order over the phone so they could help remedy the problem. Everything went without a hitch- I don't think they were supposed to, but they let me apply the coupon code. The only thing I could really complain about was that it took 3 days for Customer Service to get back to me, and by that time, the prices had fluctuated on the games that I ordered.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that sucks. I guess I'll say forget it then. I don't really want to order over the phone as it's a lot easier for them to screw my order up and possibly not give me my discount, which is the only reason I'm even considering ordering from them. I think I'll just write GoHastings off for good.

bread's done
Back