GoHastings.com $.96 shipping(per item) on ALL games w/ code MAYDAY96

.96 per item would have been complete madness, lol. I was going to pick up Oblivion for that price since I just traded in my GOTY edition towards the L.A. Noire deal. The standard edition would cost me $12.65. I think I'll wait until the 30% off sale.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Do you know if this includes movies?thanks![/QUOTE]

Just added the Akira DVD to my "order" along with Oblivion. Shipping is $1.92 so it works for movies as well.

pretty good for some lower priced games but anything more expensive you are better off waiting for another 25% off or better deal

[quote name='oasisboy']So shipping discounts are deals?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually they are. Shipping discount means a cheaper overall cost, cheaper overall cost is a deal. Considering this forum is pretty much purely online shopping, shipping plays a considerable roll in costs of games.

So yeah, shipping discounts are deals.

[quote name='scoobypat']Yeah, actually they are. Shipping discount means a cheaper overall cost, cheaper overall cost is a deal. Considering this forum is pretty much purely online shopping, shipping plays a considerable roll in costs of games.

So yeah, shipping discounts are deals.[/QUOTE]

^^^This

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Just added the Akira DVD to my "order" along with Oblivion. Shipping is $1.92 so it works for movies as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was on my phone and couldn't check it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']GoHastings is having a $.96 shipping special right now on ALL games. It IS per item though, so it's NOT $.96 shipping for your whole order.

http://www.gohastings.com/department/GAME.uts[/QUOTE]

As someone who buys tons of older used games this is exactly what I've been waiting for. It doesn't make sense to spend $3 shipping on a $3 game.

Game / Movie Storage. Espresso color is on sale.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/ELECTRONICS/Oskar-756-Multimedia-Cabinet/sku/281167470.uts

Oskar / Atlantic holds 360 dvd cases, on sale for $39.96 plus 96 cent shipping = winning, Charlie Sheen approved.

Shipping is usually super high on these sort of things. NEGATIVE = they tend to get beat up on the edges during shipping if you get unlucky, you've been warned. Also its not a hardwood, but particleboard type stuff.

I picked up two.

How good are they about having the cases and manuals for games? What about used/previously viewed Blu-rays, do you get the original case or just a generic one?

[quote name='Seizonsha']How good are they about having the cases and manuals for games? What about used/previously viewed Blu-rays, do you get the original case or just a generic one?[/QUOTE]

in my experience the cases and manuals usually come with the games. I have gotten one without a manual, but never without a case or cover art.

In case anyone is pondering using this shipping option versus waiting for other sales:

B2G1 for $1 vs. $0.96 Shipping:
If the game's listed price is less than $4.96, do the $0.96 shipping.

30% Off vs. $0.96 Shipping:
If the game's listed price is less than $4.40, do the $0.96 shipping.

20% Off vs. $0.96 Shipping:
If the game's listed price is less than $6.60, do the $0.96 shipping.

This is pointless. A lot of games are jacked up a lot more than they were last night. Test Drive Unlimited PS3 was only $21.34 last night, today with the low shipping is jacked up over $30. Not too happy when GoHastings pulls crap like this.

A GoHastings rep has stated before on these forums that their pricing algorithms don't factor in their current coupon codes or sales.

You might have seen prices shoot up, but over the 20% off, the 55 cent shipping, and now the 96 cent shipping, I've grabbed a handful of games that have just dropped to all time lows on my price monitoring.

Perhaps there's supply and demand built into the pricing algorithm and say they had two Test Drives last night, but someone bought one today at the low price because of the low shipping, so now the last remaining copy goes up because supply is low. Just a thought.

I've noticed that they do tend to price stuff higher as their supply dwindles. It's good business imo, as the more something is in demand, then the more likely people will be to pay a higher price to get it if they want it bad enough.

Of course, this doesn't apply to CAG's, but it seems like the same people come into every GH thread to point out the same shit time and time again. We get it, you don't like their prices fluctuating or their $3 n change shipping charges.

I ordered Mario Kart DS for about $16 shipped. Every time they have a 20 or 30% off sale, the game seems to sell out quickly, so I figured I wouldn't get a better deal.

[quote name='kodave']In case anyone is pondering using this shipping option versus waiting for other sales:

B2G1 for $1 vs. $0.96 Shipping:
If the game's listed price is less than $4.96, do the $0.96 shipping.

30% Off vs. $0.96 Shipping:
If the game's listed price is less than $4.40, do the $0.96 shipping.

20% Off vs. $0.96 Shipping:
If the game's listed price is less than $6.60, do the $0.96 shipping.[/QUOTE]

Ah nice chart, thanks.

Personally, again, I'll wait for free shipping.

Couldn't resist on picking up MLB 11 the Show for just $36. I've been waiting for a deal on it.

I've never bought from them before and it says the game is "previously viewed" rather than "used" (which was more expensive). Is that okay? I guess I'm getting a rental disc? Anyone bought that before?

[quote name='Umair56']Couldn't resist on picking up MLB 11 the Show for just $36. I've been waiting for a deal on it.

I've never bought from them before and it says the game is "previously viewed" rather than "used" (which was more expensive). Is that okay? I guess I'm getting a rental disc? Anyone bought that before?[/QUOTE]
Yeah man. I bought Enslaved previously viewed and it came complete. I was also able to install it to my HDD. You'll get a good copy.

Snagged Watchmen for ps3, yeah the game sucks but Blu-Ray FTW. Just came in mail this morning and looks almost brand new for like 8$ shipped.

Shipping is killer for this site, if only you could stack promo codes . For the most part however I have gotten some solid deals even with shipping and games usually come in fair-great condition.

Never shopped with GoHastings before, but this seems like as good of a time as ever to start! In 4 Fist of the North Star: The Movie. Not only is it cheaper new on here than Amazon, the .96 shipping is a steal. Great find OP!

I don't know if I should thank'em for the OOS cancellation of Carnival Games DS. At least Wipeout Pulse is on the way.

Nice that they expanded the .96 cents shipping for other items though.

bread's done
Back