Gohastings.com New Mass Effect 2 (360) $19.99 and more

Nice! I have been waiting for a $25 price point, but this is awesome! I went ahead and got a used strategy guide for the game as well just to make sure I dont miss anything.
I was going to get Mass Effect 1 platinum hits edition used, but they were out of stock.

Thanks OP! This makes me super happy!

[quote name='llcooljunr']How are the strategy guides when you buy them used?[/QUOTE]

All of the guides I have bought from them have been in decent condition, pretty much 90% of them had light - moderate shelfwear and cracks on the spine. What makes it unacceptable (and the reason I won't order from them again for guides) is that the guides I bought from them were said to be in "new" condition. They were far from but would have been acceptable had they been described as such.

[quote name='katt421']Anyone got their copy shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet , they charged me and I have order number.

When you order something, does it always say "In Progress" as it's status? I figured that meant it was being processed, but it hasn't changed since I ordered back on Saturday.

[quote name='enDyne']When you order something, does it always say "In Progress" as it's status? I figured that meant it was being processed, but it hasn't changed since I ordered back on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Yep, always says that.

Last of my B2G1's tipped over to shipped after being in progress since early Friday.

Pretty sure I've heard that they just bounce around the order request from store to store until they get to one that can fulfill it. Thus being the reason some orders take a while to fulfill.

Ahh, I see. Thank you.

Well I sent an e-mail to customer service, and this is what they had to say:

We appreciate your taking some of your time to contact us. We apologize
for the delay in your order. We do everything possible to ensure that
the inventory listed is of the highest accuracy possible. However, due
to the latency, items can be listed as available, but physically sell
out before the online inventory can be updated.
This appears to be the
case with this order of Soul Nomad & the World Eaters Used -
PlayStation 2.

To provide the best service possible to you, we do keep the order as
active for up to 14 days in the event that another copy of the product
ordered is received into inventory. Should this happen, we will
immediately fulfill the order placed.

However, should you wish, we would be happy to cancel this order, at
which point you will be issued a full refund for your order. Again, we
apologize for the inconvenience. We value our relationships with you.
If there is anything further that we can do to assist you, please do not
hesitate to contact us

So apparently I bought a game that they don't have anymore. They even charged me for it. Wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for those who are having issues. However, in personally good news, my ME2 shipped today. I kinda wish I had played ME1 recently though, even with that video that explains what happened, it took a while to remember who the Geth are.

[quote name='enDyne']Ahh, I see. Thank you.

So apparently I bought a game that they don't have anymore. They even charged me for it. Wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats lame, they still havent shipped Mass Effect 2, and customer service hasnt replied to my email but thanks for posting yours, it answers my questions.

[quote name='jester55']GAMETIME10 works too, guys!

Just picked up used ME1 Plat + new ME2 = $31.28 shipped!:cool:

-J[/QUOTE]

Not happy at the moment since my ME2 still hasn't shipped! And I know I was one of the first to purchase with the whole page updating fiasco! I called them and they said they can't find one to ship to me! They said they would probably cancel it on Friday if they can't find one! Unreal!

I sure hope they don't cancel! That will really stink!

-J

My order from 6/20 was shipped 6/21 (from Nashville) and arrived this morning 6/24 in Phoenix. it is brand new and in original packaging (just in case anyone still had doubts about that)
Very impressed -- i've only ordered used from them around christmas time, and i think it took longer to receive that stuff.

Sorry to those that haven't gotten theirs yet. FYI - their track shipment link on their site didn't work (for me at least), but in the URL is the USPS tracking number, which you can cut and paste into www.usps.com if you have the same difficulty.

Mine still hasn't shipped. Hell, it hasn't even been charged to my card yet. Weird. I can still access the order from their site though. Should I wait till Monday to contact them or what?

[quote name='enDyne']Ahh, I see. Thank you.

So apparently I bought a game that they don't have anymore. They even charged me for it. Wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you're okay as long as you bought it before it sold out. I bought Split Second as part of the B2G1 for $1 and while it was in processing it said it was sold out. I've got the game so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting your game.

[quote name='jester55']Not happy at the moment since my ME2 still hasn't shipped! And I know I was one of the first to purchase with the whole page updating fiasco! I called them and they said they can't find one to ship to me! They said they would probably cancel it on Friday if they can't find one! Unreal!

I sure hope they don't cancel! That will really stink!

-J[/QUOTE]

My ME2 finally shipped for those concerned about their own orders. Just hope it is correct when I open it next week after moving to PA from TX! :bouncy:

It amazes me how fast the Mass Effect games have dropped in price. Both are quality titles. Come to think of it, lots of great games have dropped in price incredibly fast in recent memory. GTA IV, Dead Space, The Orange Box, Gears of War 2, I think they all hit around the $20 price range within a year of release.

I don't think Gears of War 2 dropped that quickly but in general, you're right. The benefits of Amazon vs. Walmart vs. everyone else price wars I guess. Bioshock 2 needs to hurry up and finish dropping to $20.

I placed an order on the 20th. Still hasnt shipped. email them 2 days ago and no response. First time buying from them and not satisfy with their serivices

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']It amazes me how fast the Mass Effect games have dropped in price. Both are quality titles. Come to think of it, lots of great games have dropped in price incredibly fast in recent memory. GTA IV, Dead Space, The Orange Box, Gears of War 2, I think they all hit around the $20 price range within a year of release.[/QUOTE]

This has been the trend with most video games in general recently. The only titles that I've seen selling for MSRP or close to that a year after release or longer is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and various first party games published by Nintendo (primarily Mario related).

Which, it makes sense because publishers are constantly developing new titles to maintain a revenue stream and older titles that are not selling in stores at the original MSRP are reduced in an attempt to clear stock to make space for the new titles shipping in. Very few games are evergreen and have the kind of legs to keep selling copies month after month to maintain the original price point. I also suspect that this is also the reason why Nintendo's version of Sony's Greatest Hits or Microsoft's Platinum Hits - "Player's Choice" has been curiously absent this console generation. Market forces will cause most Wii titles to drop within months of release, but New Super Mario Bros. Wii will likely continue to have strong sales as long as people are purchasing hardware.

I also think this is why the publishers are increasingly invested in the DLC strategies. Of course, they are making money off the initial sales of their game at $50-$60, but their profit margins greatly diminish as retailers cut the prices to make space for new games. The selling of downloadable content for games that might have sold at lower prices, offsetting those losses while still making additional profit from those who adopted early at the $50-$60 price point.

;) Basically, it's their way of still making money even if you purchase the game used or at discount, and the cost of developing the DLC is generally reduced since it usually reuses assets from the original game.

I'm pretty upset with Gohastings right now, I purchased this on the 20th back when the sale was just starting and they just emailed me to say that it was cancelled, This service is pretty bad if they have to tell me almost a week later.

[quote name='jaydude84']I'm pretty upset with Gohastings right now, I purchased this on the 20th back when the sale was just starting and they just emailed me to say that it was cancelled, This service is pretty bad if they have to tell me almost a week later.[/QUOTE]

Im sure you've read my previous posts, 2 sent to them, no reply they havent sent ME2 out to me yet since ordering while in stock last Sunday 6/20/2010. I finally called yesterday (friday), and basically the lady on the other end of the phone looked up my order and goes

" oh another one of these, yeahhh our instore stock is different then our online store so if its a new item and we are still ordering them we may still ship and hold onto you're order for one more week and cancel if we dont ship at that time."

I complained about non response to my previous email inquirys and was told they had overload last weekend due to sales and where working on it.

To be honest after this experience I will blacklist this retailer even if I get my order at this point, and to all others BUYER BEWARE. Reasons being:

1) Their inventory is innacurate
2) No replies to email about order status @ [email protected]
3) Feels like Bait and Switch. You buy multiple games because a good price on one game like ME2 . They fulfill part of the order and ship you your games minus the sales item, which convienently is out of stock.

I am glad some of you did ok with the sale last weekend. I plan on writing a letter to their CEO about my experience since the contact info is posted. I have written letters to companies 3 times in my life due to crazy things that have happened and received a responce 2 out of 3 so I encourage others in the same boat as me to do the same.

[quote name='Doomstink']All of the guides I have bought from them have been in decent condition, pretty much 90% of them had light - moderate shelfwear and cracks on the spine. What makes it unacceptable (and the reason I won't order from them again for guides) is that the guides I bought from them were said to be in "new" condition. They were far from but would have been acceptable had they been described as such.[/QUOTE]
I saw a few listed as Used-Perfect on their site, though none of the ones I was looking at were listed as such.

Although for the prices($1.99 a guide for stuff like the Gears Of War 2 HARDCOVER:shock:)I can't say I'd complain too much as long as the guide wasn't completely mangled when I get it.

Hell. They even have a single copy of the Red Dead Redemption guide in stock used already for $7 something.:D Considering I plunked down MSRP for it on release day I don't need it, but for those wanting to just blow through the game without alot of sidetracking it's a thick guide and well worth the money.

[quote name='Captain Console']I need to find a good deal on ME 1 and 2. I played the demo for me2 today and was hooked right away. If only I wasn't so poor :([/QUOTE]

My buddy got his when they were on sale at KMart. ME2 was on sale for 20, and he found ME1 mismarked as being clearanced. Got both for under $30... Worth a shot

Received Mass Effect 1 and 2 yesterday in the mail. ME2 is new and sealed, and very happy with it, Mass Effect 1 was used, and scratched and completely unplayable, do they not even test these games? I am VERY PISSED off about this, they offer a refund on the game, but I need to pay return shipping, and they don't refund me on the shipping at all, I end up losing at least 6 for the 2 way shipping for a 13 dollar game...what a JOKE of a company. I will definitely NEVER order from them again.

same deal for me. I emailed twice in the last 3 days. no response. called this morning and the best response I got was that the order is pending. More like the wont fullfill it and cancel it. Gohastings has been slow in shipping in the past and has had crappy support in the past so I didn't expect much out of them.

[quote name='SCDallas']Received Mass Effect 1 and 2 yesterday in the mail. ME2 is new and sealed, and very happy with it, Mass Effect 1 was used, and scratched and completely unplayable, do they not even test these games? I am VERY PISSED off about this, they offer a refund on the game, but I need to pay return shipping, and they don't refund me on the shipping at all, I end up losing at least 6 for the 2 way shipping for a 13 dollar game...what a JOKE of a company. I will definitely NEVER order from them again.[/QUOTE]

Thats what we get for ordering used games online. I recently got prototype in the mail from gamefly and it was cracked. I have to pay return shipping on that too. Its part of being a CAG. thats why I have bought mostly new games in the last year. Its all written out in their faw or terms so too bad for us really.

[quote name='jk5000']To be honest after this experience I will blacklist this retailer even if I get my order at this point, and to all others BUYER BEWARE. Reasons being:

1) Their inventory is innacurate
2) No replies to email about order status @ [email protected]
3) Feels like Bait and Switch. You buy multiple games because a good price on one game like ME2 . They fulfill part of the order and ship you your games minus the sales item, which convienently is out of stock.[/QUOTE]
I hereby endorse these words. I nearly got screwed over by them as well, and experienced all three of these issues. While they did reply to my first e-mail, they ignored every subsequent one. A retailer that will sell me what they do not have and then ignore my inquiries regarding the matter most definitely does not deserve my money. I'm sure there are many who have had pleasant experiences with GoHastings, but with only one order under my belt I've managed to witness just how subpar their service can be.

Buyer Beware indeed.

Wow... A lot of hate for Hastings being thrown around in here.

Is this a normal occurrence for them? This deal was my 1st purchase with them. My order is still in progress but all these complaints concern me.

Hell, my order on their site is showing up as "Canceled." Watch them have copies in stock tomorrow. I want that game at that price, I don't care if I have to wait an extra week or two.

That's a shame what has happened with these orders :cry:. I've ordered from them quite a bit and never had an issue.

[quote name='Magsec']Hell, my order on their site is showing up as "Canceled." Watch them have copies in stock tomorrow. I want that game at that price, I don't care if I have to wait an extra week or two.[/QUOTE]

They just cancelled my order on me finally today. Found a few corporate contact emails for the VP of marketing and sales department and forwarded the emails never replied to and the final cancellation email and expressed my dissatisfaction with the fact I basically loaned them money for a week, and probably have to wait a week before it shows back up on my credit card for an imaginary product that never shipped. Wrote letter to CEO just gotta mail it now. See you in hell gohastings.com :bomb:

I've never had an issue either :( BTW these offers are also in-store as well at least here they are. Theres a big display rack and everything

I placed an order for a new copy of Wet from them so hopefully there are no issues and my brother has ordered from them in the past with great service..

I just happen to think with the massive flood of orders on ME2,Etc. there was no way for the inventory to keep up online and they are just trying to get this mess cleaned up...

I've also never had a problem with them (ordered on 3 separate occasions over the last 2 years) but I will definitely beware of them now. Disappointing.

bread's done
Back