Gohastings.com New Mass Effect 2 (360) $19.99 and more

[quote name='SchumiF1']That's a shame what has happened with these orders :cry:. I've ordered from them quite a bit and never had an issue.[/QUOTE]
Same. I've ordered from them five times with very fast service and on-time delivery. I can't feel like I can trust them quite the same after hearing from some of my fellow CAGers.

Good news: My order last Sunday was processed and I received my copy on Friday.

Bad news: I barely had any time to play this weekend and I only played three hours on Saturday during which the game locked up on me at one point which I thought was strange but online postings made me think it was ME2 specific.

Worse news: I tried booting up the game today and it immediately crashed after loading an autosave. I tried booting up without the game and it was RROD time. I barely play this system (100 hours total give or take including time spent on ME1). Oh well off to Microsoft this Pro system goes (UA/Forza2 bundle) and just in time for the July 4th holiday.

So for everyone complaining things could always be worse. I'm just hoping I don't have any complications getting this repair done.

Funny you said that. I rememered the first time I bought a xbox 360, I saved up money to buy everything router, mw2, xbox live, etc. Once I played it for the first hour it RROD.. It clearly became the longest 2 weeks of my life.

hopefully I get some wort of response/update monday. If not I'm gonna tell them to cancel my order and I'll take my business to amazon.

Damn got my order in today. I opened the package and see sticky soda shit all over the manual and worse of all disc 1 is scathed up like hell won't even read in my Xbox 360 Slim.

Looking back on my email I made sure it was the New sealed one I added to my cart and I was right. Seems like they must have sent used copy's when they ran out of stock...

Now I am pissed of and I can't return it most likely either because it says Brand New on the packing slip and there return policy says they only accept unopened new game back which my games was supposed to be in the first place. Sigh... Gonna file a dispute threw my bank for them selling me used merchandise. Never going to shop at this place again.

Edit: Just got off the phone and they said it was indeed for a NEW copy of mass effect 2 they I had in my cart and they denied sending me a old ass used one and will not accept it for a return. Just hung up on the guy when he was saying standard policy crap. LoL fuck THEM....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised how many are having issues with gohastings. I have ordered from them about 15 times and only once did I have a problem. I called them and they gave me a refund instantly and told me to keep the used game that didnt work. This was about a year ago. I guess they have either changed their policies to be stricter or just have different personnel working there now.

[quote name='Crimson_Nepenthe']Damn got my order in today. I opened the package and see sticky soda shit all over the manual and worse of all disc 1 is scathed up like hell won't even read in my Xbox 360 Slim.

Looking back on my email I made sure it was the New sealed one I added to my cart and I was right. Seems like they must have sent used copy's when they ran out of stock...

Now I am pissed of and I can't return it most likely either because it says Brand New on the packing slip and there return policy says they only accept unopened new game back which my games was supposed to be in the first place. Sigh... Gonna file a dispute threw my bank for them selling me used merchandise. Never going to shop at this place again.

Edit: Just got off the phone and they said it was indeed for a NEW copy of mass effect 2 they I had in my cart and they denied sending me a old ass used one and will not accept it for a return. Just hung up on the guy when he was saying standard policy crap. LoL fuck THEM....[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a complete JOKE... F THEM INDEED! Make sure to file that claim with your bank, and everyone here should go to resellerratings.com and downrank them into hell.

[quote name='SCDallas']Wow, what a complete JOKE... F THEM INDEED! Make sure to file that claim with your bank, and everyone here should go to resellerratings.com and downrank them into hell.[/QUOTE]
I e-mailed them to ask if they could apply the GAMETIME10 promotion to an order I made on the same day, but only got a reply one week afterward, claiming it was an in-store-only promotion. So I called their customer service and asked if it was possibly to apply it, or in the case the customer service representative suggested, to request a gift card in its place. But then, the guy was like, "You can only do that at the time of the order, and we are not obligated to do so."

So I was like, "All right. Good-bye" (in an F-you sort of suggestive tone).

Off with their heads!

Looks like I was one of the lucky ones, but I probably still will not be ordering from them in the future since they've fucked so many people over.

Sounds like they have a shitty inventory system.

[quote name='kynetarse']Looks like I was one of the lucky ones, but I probably still will not be ordering from them in the future since they've fucked so many people over.

Sounds like they have a shitty inventory system.[/QUOTE]
Yeah..the least they could do is if they were out of stock of the item brand new then they could send you an email saying so and then refund your shipping price and send it out when it's available.

[quote name='Crimson_Nepenthe']Damn got my order in today. I opened the package and see sticky soda shit all over the manual and worse of all disc 1 is scathed up like hell won't even read in my Xbox 360 Slim.

Edit: Just got off the phone and they said it was indeed for a NEW copy of mass effect 2 they I had in my cart and they denied sending me a old ass used one and will not accept it for a return. Just hung up on the guy when he was saying standard policy crap. LoL fuck THEM....[/QUOTE]

Geez. That's even worse than my experience. Yeah, I definitely can't endorse these guys now. Though it's odd how some people are just having no issues at all, while some of us are getting full on screwed over. Seems their service is rather bipolar.

And on another sour note: I was expecting to get my game today, but didn't. Hmm. How do you access the package tracking on this site? I must be slow today 'cause I can't seem to find it.

Sorry to here about everyone's misfortune and glad that both copies of ME2 and Wet came sealed. I will certainly be cautious from ordering from them in the future.

[quote name='enDyne']Geez. That's even worse than my experience. Yeah, I definitely can't endorse these guys now. Though it's odd how some people are just having no issues at all, while some of us are getting full on screwed over. Seems their service is rather bipolar.[/QUOTE]
To me it completely seems like an early bird gets the worm situation: Order early and your good, order late and you're screwed.

[quote name='Master Troll']To me it completely seems like an early bird gets the worm situation: Order early and your good, order late and you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

That's possible. I did order on the final day of the B2G2F deal (though I think it was only a 2-day deal).

I'm just hoping that one game I fought customer service so much for actually arrives and actually works. I want to be done with this damn site.

Also, I don't suppose you know how to access the package tracking?

[quote name='Master Troll']To me it completely seems like an early bird gets the worm situation: Order early and your good, order late and you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

Actually a few people ordered on monday and got farther then some of us with it being processed by other local stores so some early birds got turds. So theres really no logic to whats goin on with this sale meaning gohastings.com are morons.
A real online retailer would have refunded you within 48 hours and given email updates or honor their sales price and fullfill the orders at a later date.

I ordered almost as soon as the deal started and I got shafted. I'm sure as hell never buying from them again. I hope they enjoy all of the "great word of mouth" they are getting from this promotion. I think it would have been less expensive for them to get everyone that ordered a new $19.99 copy of ME2 what they ordered (eventually) rather than canceling the order a week after it was made. I doubt I ever set foot into the b&m store again either.

I ordered within minutes of the deal being posted, and my order got canceled.

What upset me more, though, was the lack of customer service. After noticing my order hadn't shipped yet, I emailed them asking for a ship date estimate. Never got a response.

A few days later, still hadn't shipped, so I emailed again. Again, no response.

Next day I tried calling customer service. I waited on hold for 20 minutes before I finally gave up.

Finally, this morning, I check online again and see they canceled my order. I never got an email or anything from them. I sent them an email asking nicely if they would honor the sale price, but I doubt I'll even get a response.

Ended up ordering from Amazon today for $26.99.

Anyone that cancelled get the money actually credited back yet? Im guessing 3-5 business days. Read someone on reseller.com never did, hoping that isnt the next thing I have to deal with from gohastings.

[quote name='jk5000']Actually a few people ordered on monday and got farther then some of us with it being processed by other local stores so some early birds got turds. So theres really no logic to whats goin on with this sale meaning gohastings.com are morons.
A real online retailer would have refunded you within 48 hours and given email updates or honor their sales price and fullfill the orders at a later date.[/QUOTE]
If this is true then I am crushed. I've never had a problem with GoHastings and I used to value them as a seller. Thankfully I joined CAG before making another purchase which I may regret.

[quote name='jk5000']Anyone that cancelled get the money actually credited back yet? Im guessing 3-5 business days. Read someone on reseller.com never did, hoping that isnt the next thing I have to deal with from gohastings.[/QUOTE]
Yikes..thats why 95% of the time I order only from or through Amazon. All the things Ive bought from GoHastings were fulfilled by Amazon which may be why Ive never had a problem with my order.

[quote name='jk5000']Anyone that cancelled get the money actually credited back yet? Im guessing 3-5 business days. Read someone on reseller.com never did, hoping that isnt the next thing I have to deal with from gohastings.[/QUOTE]
Yikes..thats why 95% of the time I order only from or through Amazon. All the things Ive bought from GoHastings were fulfilled by Amazon which may be why Ive never had a problem with my order.

Wow.. i didn't know they a lot of people were having issues with this... i believe i was one of the ones that ordered just when the deal went up and i got my copy in a few days and it looked new.. i haven't opened it as i have a backlog, but now i will go downstairs and open it and hopefully i don't get a surprise..

[quote name='serge2k']Wow.. i didn't know they a lot of people were having issues with this... i believe i was one of the ones that ordered just when the deal went up and i got my copy in a few days and it looked new.. i haven't opened it as i have a backlog, but now i will go downstairs and open it and hopefully i don't get a surprise..[/QUOTE]
Good luck my friend.

Sucks that so many of you guys had problems with your orders. I ordered my ME2 pretty close to it going out of stock and received it Saturday new and sealed. Although the fact that the store ~20 miles away had it in stock might have helped though.

Alright..... copy was brand new, factory sealed... i guess i was one of the lucky ones.... and this was my first time ever ordering from hastings...

[quote name='serge2k']Alright..... copy was brand new, factory sealed... i guess i was one of the lucky ones.... and this was my first time ever ordering from hastings...[/QUOTE]
Nice! I'm currently working on trying to get myself a new copy sealed for under $25 or so. I would do the Amazon DotD but since im getting Crackdown 2 next week ill need to wait about a week or so.

i ordered a used copy of mass effect 2. when I got it there was only the first disc inside. I called them and they said they would send me a shipping label. I never got it. I emailed them multiple times and have had no response. i called them today and told them my problem again and they said that their internet was down and it should be back up in 10-15 minutes and they would call me back. they never did. now i'm calling them again and have been on the phone waiting for an associate for the past 10 minutes

[quote name='thefamousmoe']i ordered a used copy of mass effect 2. when I got it there was only the first disc inside. I called them and they said they would send me a shipping label. I never got it. I emailed them multiple times and have had no response. i called them today and told them my problem again and they said that their internet was down and it should be back up in 10-15 minutes and they would call me back. they never did. now i'm calling them again and have been on the phone waiting for an associate for the past 10 minutes[/QUOTE]
You should have known that they were playing you from the moment they said their internet was down.

[quote name='Master Troll']Nice! I'm currently working on trying to get myself a new copy sealed for under $25 or so. I would do the Amazon DotD but since im getting Crackdown 2 next week ill need to wait about a week or so.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man...This was a great deal for the ones that got it for this price... to be honest with you i wasn't even thinking of getting mass effect 2 anytime soon, as i have a backlog of games including mass effect 1.... I knew my buying price would have been 20 bucks or under, but i was expecting this price around Christmas or next year...

[quote name='Master Troll']You should have known that they were playing you from the moment they said their internet was down.[/QUOTE]
lol rof.. that or "the system is down temporarily"

Im getting a little irritated because I ordered a game and they instantly charged me but im yet to get anything other then the initial email saying I purchased something....

[quote name='Derrick1979']Im getting a little irritated because I ordered a game and they instantly charged me but im yet to get anything other then the initial email saying I purchased something....[/QUOTE]

Does the game say "Out of Stock" now? 'Cause if so, it's likely you purchased something they don't have, and therefore have 14 days until it's canceled (unless it gets back in stock by then).

[quote name='enDyne']Does the game say "Out of Stock" now? 'Cause if so, it's likely you purchased something they don't have, and therefore have 14 days until it's canceled (unless it gets back in stock by then).[/QUOTE]

No Wet for the PS3 is not currently sold out. I am going to have to be patient, i have a feeling I will have it in hand and then get email updates lol.

Aww, just got around to opening my ME2 and the top of the case is broken, guess I didn't see the crack with the plastic over it. Obviously, this isnt a big deal compared to how it could have went, but is there any place that sells two disc cases like these? I know there are some places that sell single disc cases, but I don't think I've ever seen two disc ones.

[quote name='Derrick1979']No Wet for the PS3 is not currently sold out. I am going to have to be patient, i have a feeling I will have it in hand and then get email updates lol.[/QUOTE]

I see. When did you order? It took them 4 days just to go from "In Progress" to "Shipped" for me. They seem pretty slow all around.

[quote name='enDyne']I see. When did you order? It took them 4 days just to go from "In Progress" to "Shipped" for me. They seem pretty slow all around.[/QUOTE]
Uh oh..it sounds as if they had to scavenge a used copy from somewhere. Good luck on your order and let me know how it comes out.

Well it looks like im joining the ranks of other cAG getting jerked around by this company...

Called this morning to get some kind of update and the lady put me on hold,comes back and says theres plenty in stock all around so im not sure why it hasnt been shipped.. She is going to call me when she figures out whats going on.. (Yeah Right)

They sure were quick to charge my CC but taking thier sweet ass time sending it out... I bought a new copy so if they send me a used copy of WET for PS3 im raising hell big time.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well it looks like im joining the ranks of other cAG getting jerked around by this company...

Called this morning to get some kind of update and the lady put me on hold,comes back and says theres plenty in stock all around so im not sure why it hasnt been shipped.. She is going to call me when she figures out whats going on.. (Yeah Right)

They sure were quick to charge my CC but taking thier sweet ass time sending it out... I bought a new copy so if they send me a used copy of WET for PS3 im raising hell big time.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Club ! I smell class action law suit coming.

[quote name='jk5000']Welcome to the Club ! I smell class action law suit coming.[/QUOTE]

Well this is the 1st time and the last time I will order from them. All they had to say to me is I dont know why it has not been shipped we have plenty in stock" and that was enough to show me they are running things half assed there.

So If this game doesnt ship out by tomorrow im demanding a refund simply because I paid for the better shipping option haha

So I finally got that game (Soul Nomad) I'd been waiting for. The case was in mediocre condition (looks as though something spilled on it at one time), the disc was gunked up a bit (but works), and there was no instruction manual*. I think I might sell it back on Glyde.com and list it as "Good" (which more like means "Poor" for that site), then buy it new and take this as lesson learned.

* Anyone know of a site besides VideoGameInstructionBooklets.com where I can get a replacement case/instructions?

[quote name='enDyne']So I finally got that game (Soul Nomad) I'd been waiting for. The case was in mediocre condition (looks as though something spilled on it at one time), the disc was gunked up a bit (but works), and there was no instruction manual*. I think I might sell it back on Glyde.com and list it as "Good" (which more like means "Poor" for that site), then buy it new and take this as lesson learned.

* Anyone know of a site besides VideoGameInstructionBooklets.com where I can get a replacement case/instructions?[/QUOTE]
You can find replacement cases/instructions all around eBay. They usually run for about $5 a pop.

I highly suggest you guys contact Gohastings about not receiving your item if you were charged. I'm still waiting on 3 items from an order of 16 games to be delivered. I've been charged for 15 of the items so far. As much as I love Hastings' prices, their delivery of items can get really fucked up sometimes. Received 13 out of 16... Been charged for 15 out of 16.

I finally got my refund yesterday for ME2 XBOX360. Had to call them, and spoke with one of their customer service managers. He wouldnt offer anything to get me to even consider buying from them again, but did let me give it to him on how 1/10 poor their service is. ( In one ear and out the other no doubt.) Glad entire experience from them is over.
Will avoid gohastings threads from now on.

[quote name='jk5000']I finally got my refund yesterday for ME2 XBOX360. Had to call them, and spoke with one of their customer service managers. He wouldnt offer anything to get me to even consider buying from them again, but did let me give it to him on how 1/10 poor their service is. ( In one ear and out the other no doubt.) Glad entire experience from them is over.
Will avoid gohastings threads from now on.[/QUOTE]
God, I hate that company.

[quote name='Hastings CS Rep']Greetings blk00civicsi,

Hello and thank you for your email. We apologize that this item
canceled due to product availability. We will send you a $20.00 gift
card in the mail to the address on the order. If you need further
assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Customer Service Rep
Customer Service
1-877-427-8464[/QUOTE]

Got this after my email sent on Monday. Not sure if they'll follow through with this but at least they "tried" to make an effort to repair the damage.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Got this after my email sent on Monday. Not sure if they'll follow through with this but at least they "tried" to make an effort to repair the damage.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised you actually received an email. [email protected] has not replied to one of my emails.
Even if they do infact send you a gift card know this... they restocked ME2 on wednesday 39.99.

bread's done
Back