GoHastings early sale 25% off used games (4/14 - 416) excludes accessories

fyahbwoy

CAGiversary!
Another 2 Day Sale Offer announced early for you! Today, Friday 4/15 and Saturday 4/16 get 25% Off Used Games (excludes accessories and previously viewed)

Use Promo Code: FBSPECIAL

Already picked up Bayonetta & B:BC2 last week so i'm passing on this one :)

damn, Tron Evolution is out...but The Sims 3 for Xbox 360 is only $19.93 after discount...i may have to pick it up...

Thanks ... tempting as some games are on my waitlist, will wait for another 30% off or B2G$1 deal before stocking up again.

I have actually never ordered anything used from them. What is the % of games that come in generic cases and do people have problem with scratched up games?

I feel stupid for not participating in the 30% sale, but I would feel even worse if I bought something that I knew was cheaper just last week. Sigh, the CAG mindset.

The shipping really kills it for games that are under $10 or so... which is unfortunately all I currently want. Not to mention 25% off isn't very much compared to the previous 30% off, and the B2G1 Free sales they have once or twice a month.
I'll pass, but thanks for posting it :D

just picked up
Divinity II: Ego Draconis $6.76
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection $8.61
Zoids Assault Used $6.63
Samurai Shodown Sen $5.83
Guilty Gear 2: Overture $5.03
Shipping: 11.40
which is not a bad shipping price considering how they do shipping.

[quote name='VVaffle']The shipping really kills it for games that are under $10 or so... which is unfortunately all I currently want. Not to mention 25% off isn't very much compared to the previous 30% off, and the B2G1 Free sales they have once or twice a month.
I'll pass, but thanks for posting it :D[/QUOTE]

I don't think shipping kills it. I just ordered 2 PSP games, Midway Arcade Treasures and Guilty Gear Judgment for $12.50 or so dlvd. They were $5.71 and $5 each before shipping and before the 25% discount.

Hastings games almost always come complete and in great condition...where else would you find something like that this cheap? Gamestop is more expensive and that's IF you can even find the original cases, which is rare for most PSP games these days, and Amazon is more, too, I've been watching.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I have actually never ordered anything used from them. What is the % of games that come in generic cases and do people have problem with scratched up games?[/QUOTE]

i made an order during their 30% off used sale. i got Fallout: NV (PS3), Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2), and Baroque (Wii). all in the original cases with instructions. every disc was absolutely flawless. Im pretty pleased with gohastings, especially getting FO: NV like new for 12 bucks.

OOOO i want to say it

SHIPPING KILLS IT

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs 14.78 before discount is nice
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation 22.55

[quote name='cancerman1120']I have actually never ordered anything used from them. What is the % of games that come in generic cases and do people have problem with scratched up games?[/QUOTE]

I've ordered about 50 games from them and maybe 45+ came complete. I think only one came in a generic case (black DVD case instead of green 360 case), but it still had the artwork. The discs are almost always mint.

Never ordered a PS2/XBOX/GC game from them though. I think results are little less reliable for the previous generation.

[quote name='coopx']Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for $15 shipped is not bad.[/QUOTE]

in for one of these, was OOS for me by the time i got to the 30% off sale. thanks for the heads up, hope it ships. :)

Some pretty good deals - prices after discount:
Killzone 3: 29.70
Uncharted 2 - GOTY: 15.28
Orange Box (Xbox 360): 6.72
Bulletstorm: 29.70

still resisting...uncharted 2 is nxt on my list tho...i usually order from hastings & amazon but my hastings orders get to me much quicker...usually get my stuff in 3 days or less and great condition.

I've ordered a ton of games and my biggest complaint is that one out of about every 5 games sits at the post office waiting for me to pay the 17 cents postage due. Its always 17 cents and the games are shipped from different zip codes, so its not like its one postage machine/scale screwing it up. Games are usually in good shape, mostly complete, sometimes in excellent condition. Rarely, I think two times I have gotten new sealed games when I ordered used.

Considering Sims 3 360 and Modnation Racers PS3. Already got most of what I wanted last week/whenever the 30 percent off was. I wait for free shipping days to get the REALLY cheap games or at least b2g1 for a buck sales.

I picked up The Darkness for $6.00 shipped, I've heard it's a great game and with a sequel coming out, I think it's a good time to pick it up. A bit of a bummer that it doesn't have trophies though.

[quote name='loomis1975']I've ordered a ton of games and my biggest complaint is that one out of about every 5 games sits at the post office waiting for me to pay the 17 cents postage due. Its always 17 cents and the games are shipped from different zip codes, so its not like its one postage machine/scale screwing it up. Games are usually in good shape, mostly complete, sometimes in excellent condition. Rarely, I think two times I have gotten new sealed games when I ordered used.

Considering Sims 3 360 and Modnation Racers PS3. Already got most of what I wanted last week/whenever the 30 percent off was. I wait for free shipping days to get the REALLY cheap games or at least b2g1 for a buck sales.[/QUOTE]

Weird, many people have some complaints about goHastings, but I've never heard of this happening. It seems like you're really unlucky.

[quote name='tossin']Weird, many people have some complaints about goHastings, but I've never heard of this happening. It seems like you're really unlucky.[/QUOTE]

Games are usually in good shape, mostly complete, sometimes in excellent condition

he is lucky.

[quote name='onyzukae']how much is sp cost?[/QUOTE]

Is sp supposed to be short for shipping? If so, it should be something like $2.28 per game...no discount for multiple games since they're shipped from different stores.

[quote name='Dranakin']I feel stupid for not participating in the 30% sale, but I would feel even worse if I bought something that I knew was cheaper just last week. Sigh, the CAG mindset.[/QUOTE]
Have in mind that online prices in Hastings changed every day. If you are aiming toward some more expensive game it is quiet possible the strarting price of it to be much lower than when it was the 30% off deal and now with 25% of the new price it become cheaper. I noticed few games already.

[quote name='BiggNick']Finally picked up ModNation Racer for $16.10 shipped. Been waiting and watching forever, and this is the lowest so far.[/QUOTE]

uh i picked it up for $15 a month ago :)

[quote name='nintendofan9999']If I buy a limited Ed of a game it should be a limitied Ed copy right? It should come with all the stuff a lim copy would?[/QUOTE]

They're used copies, so you never know. I ordered the Fable 3 LE & it came complete. The Dragon Age Origins LE I ordered didn't have the cloth map - bummer - but it was worth a shot. If it's just a couple more bucks than the regular edition - I say go for it. But don't expect it to be entirely complete.

I've only received two games without manuals out of 13 games total. I've been able to install all of my X360 games so they're in pretty good shape.

[quote name='doreo503']I picked up The Darkness for $6.00 shipped, I've heard it's a great game and with a sequel coming out, I think it's a good time to pick it up. A bit of a bummer that it doesn't have trophies though.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. The X360 version had achievements.

[quote name='Pride7ds']Some pretty good deals - prices after discount:
Killzone 3: 29.70
Uncharted 2 - GOTY: 15.28
Orange Box (Xbox 360): 6.72
Bulletstorm: 29.70[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about the Orange Box. I've always wanted to go back and play this some day.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's strange. The X360 version had achievements.[/QUOTE]

PS3 didn't support trophies until sometime in 2008

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I've only received two games without manuals out of 13 games total. I've been able to install all of my X360 games so they're in pretty good shape.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Marauder7']PS3 didn't support trophies until sometime in 2008[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. I didn't even think about that man. Thanks for the heads up.

bread's done
Back