Going shopping after BF rush

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So we all know that the first two or three hours after the start of the sales are nothing but crazy.  How many people here wait several hours to go in and get low priority items and walk out within 20 minutes of entering the store?  I tend to find a lot of good blu rays that are not part of the advertised sale for dirt cheap...

Tonight I might even swing by bb/target around 10pm to see what I can find cheap...

anyone else just wait it out and spend real thanksgiving with their families?  All I know is that if I want an XB1 ...I am going to get an XB1 without the hassle.

I got all my game shopping except one game done on Monday with the bb early access.

I went to WalMart at 11am to get the last game I wanted now that prices are active there.

The only place I'm going to that I'll line up for is hpb in the morning.

I'll be at Walmart in about 6 hours to pick my wife up from work and I will probably just look to see what's left movie wise and grab some pajamas lol

There's not going to be a Thanksgiving soon, so you should enjoy it while you can.

Thanksgiving Day will now be shopping day, where stores open at midnight Thursday, and open for 48 hours straight.

It'll be magical...

Last year, I went at like 11 AM on BF to see if there was anything good. I was able to snag the last $150 Zelda Link Between Worlds 3DS XL from Target. I was shocked that I found one. 

This year, I don't want to bother. There's a few good games I want but after years of telling myself "don't buy it, it'll be cheaper later anyway and you won't play it any time soon", I think I'm finally starting to realize it. 

I'm only going to Sears to pick up my $7 copy of Killzone Shadow fall and maybe hit up GS for some used games. 

I had to go food shopping and pick up prescriptions so I checked out Target a bit after noon.  Basically just like a Saturday afternoon there, still had a lot of deals left as long as you weren't looking for a Bone, and no waiting to check out.  Grocery stores were empty of course.

Also should note that I'm in MA, which meant all stores were closed on Thanksgiving; they opened at either midnight or 1AM, can't remember what the law is.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly what I do.  I stopped going out for these BF/whatever sales years ago; I'll still go out but only after 5-6 hours later just to grab a movie or two.  I rarely ever see anything I really want, or that I haven't seen at a comparable or better price earlier in the year.  Bottomline for me is it's just not worth it.  And now with retailers having most, if not all of the other "deals" online, I'm finding even less of a reason to go out.

Only reason I left this weekend was because Michael's had an amazing sale on drawing pads.  They're for the  graphic novel I am working on :)

bread's done
Back