Going to be getting a GBASP. What should my first game be?

AvidWriter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
I want to buy the game either at the same time or before so when I get it I can play right from the start. I was thinking either FFTA or Golden Sun. Any other ides or good places to get good prices on GBA games? Thanks. :D

EDIT : (same as a later post but a little more) The only problem I have now is that will I enjoy it/them...I never played any GB games before :? I'm used to playing with a mouse and many of the rpgs you have to use the d-pad to move around the menu I'm used to the ease of a mouse anyone else have a problem with it or does it not matter :?: Thanks again.

Thats good cause I have a gamecrazy within walking distance. I assume they have a garantee that all used games are in 100% working condition. Anyone have any experience with gamecrazy pre-owned? :D

EDIT: wow 2 more posts before I even got this one finished, anyway, I mean used GBA games I'll do cause its not a CD it cant get scratched much better chance it'll work fine.

FFTA. I've put tons of hours into it. I found Golden Sun a bit boring after awhile.

Also the Advance War games are great if you are into strategy games at all.

Mario and Luigi
Any of the Mario ports (all classics)
Advance Wars
Fire Emblem
Metroid Fusion
Metroid zero mission
Mario Pinball
Pokemon
Boktai (Got this game at the %50 off TRu sale for $8 and it is definently worth $30.)

And to answer your question, yes Gamecrazy has a 100% guartantee that there used products will work. Even if it doesn't most tend to take them back without a question (that can also go if you don't like the game).

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Fire Emblem
Shining Force
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
FFTA
Metroid: Zero Mission

I recommend all the stratey games for GBA. They won't bore you like Golden Sun after a long journey.

But if you are into action games, really, Castlevania series won't disappoint you.

Sports... Fifa Soccer 2004 is good as well... Virtua Tennis was excellent too for $5.00 from TRU

I need 2 $19.99 games on FYE to get the GBASP for $59.99 all togehter its the SP and the 2 games for $100, I only have Advance Wars 2 so far, Golden Sun : The lost Age is back order and they dont haev the first one, also FF:TA is $29.99 :oops:

Fire Emblem

Any of the Castlevania or Metroid games

Man, good luck narrowing down all these great suggestions to just two games. This whole thread reminds me of how much I love my gba.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I need 2 $19.99 games on FYE to get the GBASP for $59.99 all togehter its the SP and the 2 games for $100, I only have Advance Wars 2 so far, Golden Sun : The lost Age is back order and they dont haev the first one, also FF:TA is $29.99 :oops:[/quote]

fye online?

I most definitely have to agree with everyone who's mentioned Mario and Luigi. That is a simply amazing game. Even if it's not your first, you owe it to yourself to play this game.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Yea well I've thought about that but the DS is $149.00 thats way to much to pay.[/quote]

But isn't the DS supposed to have a slot with backwards capablity for the GB games?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']But isn't the DS supposed to have a slot with backwards capablity for the GB games?[/quote]

Yes, but not original GB or GB color carts.

I picked up Kaarnaj new at TRU for $5 last week and Konami arcade at CC during their labor day sale for $9. So there isn't a rush to pick up those used unless you want them now and want to save a buck on each. They'll probably stay low in price.

I wish there were some good deals on new carts of the stuff people have mentioned above (Advanced Wars, Mario games, FFTA, Golden Sun). Most of those are still fairly high priced for me. Hey, I'm a CAG!

[quote name='bob330i'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']But isn't the DS supposed to have a slot with backwards capablity for the GB games?[/quote]

Yes, but not original GB or GB color carts.

I picked up Kaarnaj new at TRU for $5 last week and Konami arcade at CC during their labor day sale for $9. So there isn't a rush to pick up those used unless you want them now and want to save a buck on each. They'll probably stay low in price.

I wish there were some good deals on new carts of the stuff people have mentioned above (Advanced Wars, Mario games, FFTA, Golden Sun). Most of those are still fairly high priced for me. Hey, I'm a CAG![/quote]

I thought I read somewhere that it would support all three. It should considering that the GBA is able to support all three.

Advance Wars 2 is awesome, and Best Buy B&M has it for $4.99.
Wario Ware, Inc. is also a hell of a lot of fun. Also, I'd recommend Astro Boy and the revamped Zelda: LttP & Four Swords.

And DON"T buy GBA games from eBay! Almost all of them are shipped by pricks bootlegging the games in China. They even rig it so that when you search by location: U.S. their shit still comes up.

River City Ransom EX

Just mentioning it makes me want to grab it off the shelf and play it immediately. I think I will, actually.

Oh, and don't forget:

MegaMan Zero 2 (better then Zero 1)

Medal of Honor Infiltrator (if you liked games like Ikari Warriors back in the day, this is a game you MUST buy)

If you like fighting games at all get Street Fighter Alpha 3. The game is amazing. Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival is great too.

I also agree with the Metroid games and Castlevania games (if you can find them).

Don't get FFTA. It's no where as good as the PSX one. No story, no difficulty. There are much better games to start out with.

Why does everyone assume he's gonna like GBA RPGs? Those are the only recommendations made so far with the exception of maybe 3.

What genres do you like?

Thought of a couple more good ones.

double Dragon Advance-(classic side scrolling beat em up)
Sword of Mana (one of the funnest RPGs IMO)
Iridion (fun shooter.)

Well actually I do like RPGS thats one of the reasons I'm getting a GBA cause it has a lot of RPG and strategy games like FF:TA and advace wars etc

Steer clear of Sword of Mana. I will spam every thread of this type with my anti-recommendation for this game in the hope that others do not buy this sad excuse for a game.

[quote name='WildWop']Steer clear of Sword of Mana. I will spam every thread of this type with my anti-recommendation for this game in the hope that others do not buy this sad excuse for a game.[/quote]

Why? I bought this game when it was FF Adventure and as Sword of Mana and I find it to be a very fun RPG sort of reminscent of Diablo (in a wierd hack n slash way) or Gauntlet Legends.

bread's done
Back