Going to get a PS3 later today..quick question..

muncle

CAGiversary!
Okay, So I have finally decided to get a PS3. The problem is I just want to get a PS3 and maybe a game OR an extra controller. I plan on getting Warhawk through PSN on Tuesday, but I can't make up my mind.

PS3 and a game (Oblivion, Resistance, ETC) or a PS3 and an extra controller?

Unless you need an extra controller I'd wait until the new ones are out which support rumble, I believe the rumors are they'll start coming out sometime in September?

I'd get the extra game. If you have a USB->PS2 adaptor that can double as a second controller in the mean time. If you get Oblivion, wait a few weeks for the GOTY edition, too.

Thanks guys! Anyways, I went to Sam's Club to originally get some groceries, but as I passed the videogame aisle, I saw a PS3 bundle with motorstorm. It turned out to be a little cheaper than buying a game and the PS3, so I got it.

Also, has anyone ever bought the PS3 bundle from Sam's Club? I was expecting a PS3 in it's original box and motorstorm to come separately, but it turns out it was just in an unmarked box, seems like it was shipped direct from sony.

I wonder if the 5 free bluray disc offer will still apply since there is a UPC on the box....Anybody have any similar experience?

If you're still thinking about Oblivion (and you should, it's freaking awesome). Hold off another couple weeks for the GOTY edition.

[quote name='janizzzle']when exactly are they releasing the GOTY edition? isnt it in october something?[/quote]

GameStop says October, but the unofficial FAQ in the official forum lists September 13th as the release date when I checked last week.

[quote name='muncle']Thanks guys! Anyways, I went to Sam's Club to originally get some groceries, but as I passed the videogame aisle, I saw a PS3 bundle with motorstorm. It turned out to be a little cheaper than buying a game and the PS3, so I got it.

Also, has anyone ever bought the PS3 bundle from Sam's Club? I was expecting a PS3 in it's original box and motorstorm to come separately, but it turns out it was just in an unmarked box, seems like it was shipped direct from sony.

I wonder if the 5 free bluray disc offer will still apply since there is a UPC on the box....Anybody have any similar experience?[/QUOTE]

Aww no EE for you....

bread's done
Back