Going to NYC tomorrow. What to do?

afedock

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Recommendations from you guys in NYC for some stuff to do tomorrow. Im going into the city with my brother and mom, so nothing to risque. What is THE best pizza place? Thanks

[quote name='afedock']Recommendations from you guys in NYC for some stuff to do tomorrow. Im going into the city with my brother and mom, so nothing to risque. What is THE best pizza place? Thanks[/QUOTE]

i was going to go to nyc again this year but meh.

anyways if you are going to be there for new years eve, here is my suggestion based on my experiance from last year. Go to times square around 4pmish. Make sure you took a descent nap, ate, drank and peed/shit well before you leave. Find a spot with a good view of the ball, bring anything to keep you entertained, such as radio/ipod/mp3 player/ds/psp or whatever. Wear two coats if possible, a standard light coat and a wind proof coat over it. Bring gloves and something to cover your head and ears. Be prepared to stand for a minuium of 8 hrs and prepare to listen to crappy music and looking at video monitors that may not work (They didn't work last year so we all looked up and saw nothing :( ) keep your wallet close to your face as possible so no one pickpockets you.

8 hrs later, mid night hits and you and a million other people go nuts. It might take as much as 30+minutes to get out of your area.

Thanks for the advice, but we are just driving in for the day. Im going to look into some of the stuff you said Wubb, thanks.

Try to hit one of the Greys Papayas hot dog places. I know there's one in the Village, and that's where I'll be tomorrow.

Godlike hot dogs, and cheap too.

[quote name='afedock']Recommendations from you guys in NYC for some stuff to do tomorrow. Im going into the city with my brother and mom, so nothing to risque. What is THE best pizza place? Thanks[/quote]Hey, I'll be flying in there for the New Year's weekend tomorrow as well.

Wombat suggested to me this medieval museum--Cloisters. I'm sure more people could fill you in on that. He says it's something that only resident New Yorkers know about.

Anyone else have suggestions for places to visit and good places to eat? In particular, I'm looking for a really good breakfast place. I'm definitely going to check out Serendipity 3 while I'm there and I've already got reservations to Nobu, Tao, and Tamarind so I just want walk-in type, not too horribly expensive, uniquely NYC eateries.

(Sorry, OP, didn't mean to thread jack, but I figure we're both looking for the same thing.)

make sure u go visit TRU times square. that place is HUGE. Big ferris wheel and big T-Rex. oh yea, Nintendo World Store also.

If you want to find some obscure ANYTHING (movies, music, clothes, etc), hit up St. Marks. Great shopping area for just about anything in existence.

I also second the Nintendo World Store. Great place.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']

I also second the Nintendo World Store. Great place.[/QUOTE]

I went there once this year.. that place was meh.

[quote name='jPoD']There is nothing to do in NYC.[/QUOTE]

is there anything better to do in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania?

[quote name='evanft']Visit Wombat![/quote]

Dont forget to hook him up with free stuff...im j/p.

Go to rucker park and run somebody or go to times square and do a heros pose in the middle of the street

[quote name='ITDEFX']is there anything better to do in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania?[/QUOTE]

I knew someone would say that and yes, I would say so. I have more fun here then I do in that shitty, overcrowded city. I would say likewise to you, but Fairfax is pretty chill. NYC just blows.

[quote name='jPoD']I knew someone would say that and yes, I would say so. I have more fun here then I do in that shitty, overcrowded city. I would say likewise to you, but Fairfax is pretty chill. NYC just blows.[/QUOTE]

fairfax, va sucks. Nothing really to do around here except going to the movies and if you want fun you need to go to DC or somewhere else. meh.

gotta get out of here, its too overcrowded.

[quote name='jPoD']I knew someone would say that and yes, I would say so. I have more fun here then I do in that shitty, overcrowded city. I would say likewise to you, but Fairfax is pretty chill. NYC just blows.[/QUOTE]

Haha have fun in Boston then buddy.

[quote name='Mysticheat']or go to times square and do a heros pose in the middle of the street[/QUOTE]

Ha! I wonder how many people get their picture taken doing that now?

[quote name='wubb']Ha! I wonder how many people get their picture taken doing that now?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that naked cowboy is still there?

[quote name='CrimGhost']Haha have fun in Boston then buddy.[/QUOTE]

Been there plenty of times. NYC is MUCH worse.

[quote name='jPoD']Been there plenty of times. NYC is MUCH worse.[/QUOTE]

one thing I can't complain about is the PIZZA and the street vendor foods. That Indian food is good til about 2 hours later when I have to take a major shit in my cousin's bathroom in her apartment around the corner from David Letterman's studio.

[quote name='ITDEFX']one thing I can't complain about is the PIZZA and the street vendor foods. That Indian food is good til about 2 hours later when I have to take a major shit in my cousin's bathroom in her apartment around the corner from David Letterman's studio.[/QUOTE]

Boston has MUCH better Indian food. The pizza in NYC is very overrated (not that i'm a huge pizza fan). Street vendor food is lightyears better here in Philly. NYC does have a restaraunt with the best paella ive ever had in my life.

[quote name='jPoD']Boston has MUCH better Indian food. The pizza in NYC is very overrated (not that i'm a huge pizza fan). Street vendor food is lightyears better here in Philly. NYC does have a restaraunt with the best paella ive ever had in my life.[/QUOTE]

NY Pizza is greezy as hell, and yea it will give ya the runs later on, but its that dough they use and the size of the cuts....ooooooooo :drool:

speaking of which, has anyone on this board ever driven a few hours out of state just to have an authentic phillycheese steak?

I have been thinking of doing it ... 2 some hours for a cheese steak.. that better be damn worth it.

bread's done
Back