Golden Sun?

gaelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
I went to one of those trade your games here sights where when you sign up you get credit towards a game...basically a free game.

anyways the only thing available that looked halfway interesting was golden sun. i've heard good things about it, but i wanted some cag feedback. it was released 2001. does it stand the test of time. i'll be playing it on my ds lite...the only gba game i have (maybe).

I just played through the game last week, and loved it. I had owned it since release, but a friend had borrowed it and then we stopped being friends, long story short, I just got it back.

Has good graphics, at the time they were great. A great battle system, with the Djinn mechanics, and a good story as well. Lots of puzzles in dungeons, and lots of abilities. Took me a little over 20 hours to beat.

I say jump on it.

Great game. My only major complaint is if a character targets an enemy, and another character kills it, the other characters targeting that enemy will lose their turn instead of attacking a different enemy.

[quote name='espy605']Great game. My only major complaint is if a character targets an enemy, and another character kills it, the other characters targeting that enemy will lose their turn instead of attacking a different enemy.[/QUOTE]
I consider that part of the strategy- you have to keep track of how many times you've hit an enemy, and account for that when you set your attacks.

To the OP- everything good you've heard about Golden Sun is true. It's well worth the time it takes to beat.

Is it really that good? I played through the first 5 hours and the first dungeon and it just seemed boring as all hell.

Does it ever pick up?

I played through and beat the first and got half way through the second but I never really enjoyed myself. Lord only knows why held on so long, but I'd heard great things about it from so many people so I figured it would turn around. Maybe it just wasn't my type of game. :whistle2:/

It's on my top 5 list of favorite games of all time. In terms of portable RPG's it's damn near impossible to top. The graphics (considering this is an SP game) are fantastic. Especially some of the battle animations. If you jump straight from game 1 to game 2 you'll be fully engrossed in the story line.

Like some people said parts can be daunting but it's just a damn fine game you gotta keep with :). It's one of the GBA games you MUST buy.

bread's done
Back