Goldeneye 007: Reloaded $19.99 (Xbox360) @ Best Buy

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Found :360: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded for $19.99 at Best Buy last night. Amazon had the same price a few weeks back, but it's shot up since then.

Doesn't appear to be available online, but it was not a special discount. Oddly, the website shows used copies for $44.99.

Problem with the game is that its fun to play stealthily but when it goes all haywire the core combat and fighting is pretty bland

Playing the facility level brought back some great memories though

Hmm, I wonder if this is worth getting just for the HD. The Wii version I thought was pretty great. But I thought I recall that the AI in the HD versions actually got worse. Any thoughts would be great.

I thought the AI was tolerable, but not great. I'd honestly skip this one if you had the Wii version. I'd rank Blood Stone the highest of the Bond games, personally, but I am kind of partial to new storylines vs. a retelling of a movie storyline.

I want the PS3 one because of the Move support, but is it worth it? It NEVER seems to go on sale even though it's been out forever.

I concur. Blood Stone is one of the better Bond games out there, and so is Quantum of Solace.

[quote name='chopper']I thought the AI was tolerable, but not great. I'd honestly skip this one if you had the Wii version. I'd rank Blood Stone the highest of the Bond games, personally, but I am kind of partial to new storylines vs. a retelling of a movie storyline.[/QUOTE]

I never understood how this game isnt cheaper already. I picked up a used ps3 copy at Target for $13 and thought the game was bad I guess people liked it for its nostalgic value.

BTW: the original is still better

[quote name='thundarr']I want the PS3 one because of the Move support, but is it worth it? It NEVER seems to go on sale even though it's been out forever.[/QUOTE]

It is my opinion that the MOVE shooting in the Bond game is one of the weaker shooter games for the PS3 MOVE using the Sharpshooter. If I had to do over, I'd just spend more time playing Resistance 3 / Kill Zone 3/ SOCOM (I think it is 4) in MOVE mode and play 007 Goldeneye on the 360.

I'm honestly surprised the price held as well.
The things that pissed me off the most with this game is that is seemed like they were trying to modernize the game (which killed the nostalgic feeling for me) yet they decided to leave the Old school parts where you have to shoot a dude with 2000 bullets to kill.
The other part is how it's more of a revision instead of a remake. Most of the game didn't even look similar to the old N64 version (which also killed the nostalgic part)

IMO Bloodstone was the best Bond game this gen (maybe even the last 2 gens).

It has been this price for some time actually (used to be online too). The game is overpriced at $15 though honestly. It is a very crappy game. The only real selling point would be nostalgia, but they changed so much of it that the nostalgia is all gone so it is really just a bad game with a similar story and a few nods to a classic game.

Get it on Wii if you have that console. One of the few games that shows what the Wii can do if used to it's full potential.

[quote name='sikboy1029']Get it on Wii if you have that console. One of the few games that shows what the Wii can do if used to it's full potential.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry but as soon as I read this I just thought of a N64 with motion control. That is honestly how I view the Wii anyway that is.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am sorry but as soon as I read this I just thought of a N64 with motion control. That is honestly how I view the Wii anyway that is.[/QUOTE]

That isn't fair (or you are remembering the N64 too fondly). It is really a Gamecube with motion controls. :D

[quote name='BudzMcGee']That isn't fair (or you are remembering the N64 too fondly). It is really a Gamecube with motion controls. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol well that is pretty much what it is exactly, but I was being more relevant with the game, haha.

I just can't ever see the Wii having a 'full potential' that hasn't been tapped 10 years prior to its release.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Lol well that is pretty much what it is exactly, but I was being more relevant with the game, haha.

I just can't ever see the Wii having a 'full potential' that hasn't been tapped 10 years prior to its release.[/QUOTE]

Common nostalgia joe out numbers got to get a deal joe.

You see a James Bond game called Goldeneye chances are you think it's a remake. That's why the price was high for so long. That being said the 360 version is so much better than the Wii version. Games were not supposed to be played with a Wii remote pointed at the screen. That's not "real fps action". It's you looking crazy pointing at a sensor hoping it reads it right.

bread's done
Back