Golgo 13

DarkKenpachi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Does anyone else remember this old school NES game? It was the best and the first game that actually gave me a real sense of accomplishment when I beat it.

The first Golgo 13 was awesome, and one of the first games I played that made me realize that not all video games were for kids.

Aside from a freakishly high jumping ability, the other thing that stood out is that there are two places in the game that will restore your health. One where you smoke a pack of cigarettes and one where you shack up in a hotel with some girl.

I was talking about the first one. That reminds me though I need to find a copy of the second one on ebay or something.

Overall the game was amazing and it made me aware of the anime when I got older. Duke Togo aka Golgo 13 is the man. lol great game and everything. It would be nice if they would bring this back there are so many possibilities.

game was hella dope from what I played...

but I got stuck on the first person corridor stage... I got hella lost!!!

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I was talking about the first one. That reminds me though I need to find a copy of the second one on ebay or something.

Overall the game was amazing and it made me aware of the anime when I got older. Duke Togo aka Golgo 13 is the man. lol great game and everything. It would be nice if they would bring this back there are so many possibilities.[/quote]

Speaking of the anime, there is a 26-episode anime that just came out this last Spring. Much better than the OVAs, IMO.

I got to the last first person corridor maze part when I was a kid. It was a great old game though. Awesome story and action sequances. I found it a little too hard for me though.

[quote name='thelonepig']Speaking of the anime, there is a 26-episode anime that just came out this last Spring. Much better than the OVAs, IMO.[/quote]

now I need to find some money to get all the Golgo 13 dvds. lol

[quote name='wageslave']I got to the last first person corridor maze part when I was a kid. It was a great old game though. Awesome story and action sequances. I found it a little too hard for me though.[/quote]

IT was like that for me also, but I got older and actually read the comic book that came with the game and it had maps for all the mazes in them except for the last maze

Loved this game...

But I never beat it...

I could get to the part
with the brainjars(?) shooting at you in a first person view, but they ALWAYS killed me

:cry:

and Mafat conspiracy is sooo much better than the first

[quote name='thelonepig']Aside from a freakishly high jumping ability, the other thing that stood out is that there are two places in the game that will restore your health. One where you smoke a pack of cigarettes and one where you shack up in a hotel with some girl.[/quote]

Best NES moment ever.

I remember this game. I didn't beat it, but it was fun for it's time.

I have this game. Its cool but I didn't like the first person levels too much and the cities look all alike. The people walk so funny in this game. It Looks like they crapped their pants! If you like this game you will like rolling thunder for nes.

This was the first game I ever bought with my own money when I was a kid and it was $50 well spent. Amazing storyline and the music is the some of the best of the 8-bit era. I never really cared for Mafat though.

I'm trying to track down all the Golgo 13 PS1 games now. Two are basically just digital comic books (got 1 of these) and the other is a Golgo 13 themed slot machine game. There's also an arcade game too that plays a lot like Silent Scope except you only get 1 shot per level. Fun game to play in MAME with a mouse.

BTW, is anyone else watching the Golgo 13 anime?

Never knew they had ps1 games. I think I have one of the ovas but I haven't watched it yet. I wasn't aware they had an anime. It must be cool. Does it have that classic 80's anime look?

[quote name='davidflecha17']Never knew they had ps1 games. I think I have one of the ovas but I haven't watched it yet. I wasn't aware they had an anime. It must be cool. Does it have that classic 80's anime look?[/quote]

It actually just came out this year. That said, it's very well put together.

[quote name='davidflecha17']Never knew they had ps1 games. I think I have one of the ovas but I haven't watched it yet. I wasn't aware they had an anime. It must be cool. Does it have that classic 80's anime look?[/QUOTE]

I really don't watch anime but when I heard about the Golgo 13 one, I had to check it out. It looks pretty slick but some of the episodes are real duds. I've only seen the first 15 episodes so far, but at least 5 of those basically have the same plot where a rival sniper is sent to take Duke out. Most are pretty good though. Lots of T&A too.

bread's done
Back