Gonna get Spider-Man 3? Here's a good deal.

Samurai_X-51

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This is slightly complex and contingent on already being a BB Rewards Zone member:

If you are registered with BBRZ with an e-mail address (*You may be able to register, like, today and still do this*), they're running a 10% off-your-order promotion through WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25. They're also offering double RZ points on pre-ordering Spider-Man 3, which happens to be a game eligible for the "Buy two games over $39.99, get $10 off" promo.

If you then pre-order it along with something else and pick it up in the store, I suspicion you can use the deal in speedy1961's sale post for the week it comes out by which you'll get $10 in movie theatre cash for buying Spider-Man 3.

It's a lot of combining, but it works. I pre-ordered Spider-Man 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (b/c I know I'll get it eventually) for Wii and paid $80. Half of that will count double for Reward Zone purposes, and I should be able to get $10 in movie theatre cash. Not a bad deal, considering I haven't seen anything better -- though this http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=268862 isn't bad if you use the $5 coupon code NEWPGMEM.

EDIT: Follow this link for a more clear route to the 10% off deal; I think it still works by just signing in but just in case. It's from an e-mail many of you probably received:

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat100900050004&type=category

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Wasn't the "Buy 2 Games Over $39.99, Get $10 Off" for last week? I used that deal to get a couple games then.[/quote]

It probably started then, but it's still in effect b/c I just used it. ;)

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']It probably started then, but it's still in effect b/c I just used it. ;)[/quote]My fault, I had forgotten it was an online special. That's pretty nice. So did you use the deal to get Spider-Man 3 yourself for online pickup next week? I'm curious whether the double rewards zone actually works since there's no notification on the online orders of your reward zone status.

I can't get it to give me the 2-games-$10-off offer AND the 10% off. If I just put Spider-Man 3 in my cart, I get $6 off. If I put it and any other applicable game, I just get the $5 off each game. I was going to seal up this game and Halo 3 if the deal worked, but unless you can explain what I'm not doing/doing wrong, I'm compelled to pass.

EDIT: Hold on...using the link provided in your old post seems to be working.

EDIT (Mjolnir Mix): Thanks for this tip, even though I'm not getting Spider-Man 3. I just (Spider-)sense that it'll see a price drop soon enough, it'll probably be a 7.5ish kind of game, and it'll probably be flooding eBay by Memorial Day. That said, with the 10% deal, I'm going to bite the assault rifle bullet and get the Halo 3 LE and the 1600 Marketplace Points for basically the cost of the game itself (w/tax). Picking up the points in-store, hoping that I don't have to wait too long for the game in November. Guess I'll just have to 'stay dark' on sites like this one when the game ships. An extra day or two would make no difference in terms of the massive asskickings I'll receive online...provided I decide to decend into that Warg pit. Ugh.

And no, you can't combine the Marketplace Points offer and the '2 games' offer. Believe me, I tried.

[quote name='velvet396']seems way too complicated for me -- is the SM3 game supposed to be any good?[/quote]

Supposed to be better than the others, which were fun. I ordered the Wii version b/c it's cheaper and is designed so you have to actually swing your arms to swing around the city. It sounds cool enough to me to excuse a couple flaws if it has any. From what I've read on IGN, the only real issue last month was the frame rate, which supposedly was fixed, but who knows.

Sadly enough, as often as I get all their promotional offers, I never got the 10% off one, and the site won't take my account as valid for the promotion.

[quote name='splintercell']Sadly enough, as often as I get all their promotional offers, I never got the 10% off one, and the site won't take my account as valid for the promotion.[/quote]

Consider trying the FamilyVideo one; $39.99, no tax and only $0.99 shipping makes it pretty much just as good. It'll take 5+ days to get to you, though.

I am trying to sign in with that link you provided and it says "We're sorry, please try again using the same e-mail address that this e-mail was sent to." Did I have to get the email to get the 10% off?

[quote name='DomLando']I am trying to sign in with that link you provided and it says "We're sorry, please try again using the same e-mail address that this e-mail was sent to." Did I have to get the email to get the 10% off?[/quote]

Same problem here. I never got the e-mail, so I guess I'm not on the list.

[quote name='DomLando']I am trying to sign in with that link you provided and it says "We're sorry, please try again using the same e-mail address that this e-mail was sent to." Did I have to get the email to get the 10% off?[/quote]

Hmm, that's strange. If you definitely didn't get the e-mail just try signing in normally and seeing if it applies it under "Savings" before the subtotal.

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']Hmm, that's strange. If you definitely didn't get the e-mail just try signing in normally and seeing if it applies it under "Savings" before the subtotal.[/QUOTE]
Which screen should the savings be on? I am at the payment information screen and no savings are coming up.

[quote name='DomLando']Which screen should the savings be on? I am at the payment information screen and no savings are coming up.[/quote]

Just your regular cart. It should take $5 off each game and then $9 in savings if you get two $49.99 games like I did. Maybe contact BB customer service, cuz if you have a RZ membership you should be able to do this.

I wonder if it doesn't add your points until after it comes out. I pre-ordered this last week to get double points and it's still not showing up on myrewardzone.com for me.

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']Just your regular cart. It should take $5 off each game and then $9 in savings if you get two $49.99 games like I did. Maybe contact BB customer service, cuz if you have a RZ membership you should be able to do this.[/quote]

Not necessarily. As evidenced during the various console launches, Best Buy definitely has some sort of groupings of customers who either get or don't get certain offers based on their e-mail.

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']Just your regular cart. It should take $5 off each game and then $9 in savings if you get two $49.99 games like I did. Maybe contact BB customer service, cuz if you have a RZ membership you should be able to do this.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the $10 off works but not the 10%.

bread's done
Back