Good Books

Ranger Rick

CAGiversary!
What are some good books you guys would reccomend reading? I skipped summer reading and now got about a week to read a book of my choice.

The Satanic Bible, and The Devils Notebook. Both by Anton LaVey.
You may not convert but you will probably agree with alot of stuff he has to say. Theres a cool chapter in TDN called Lycanthropic Metamorphosis(spelling?) or some shit.
The Black Dahlia Avenger. By Steve Hodel. Great book. Non fiction. Actually its an amazing book.
Im sure I can think of some others but nothing else will compare to The Black Dahlia book. Plus the movies coming out soon so it will be cool to know the truth then see how bad the movie is. Once you start, you wont put the book down till youre done. If you do start reading it let me know what you think.

my favorite is The Grapes of Wrath.

this thread made me realized i haven't read a book in a long time, i think the last book i read for fun was The Chosen and that was last summer.. lol

East of Eden. If you've any interest in the idea of a man's destiny and how much say he has in it then it's a must read book. It's extremely well written with characters that really breathe and come to life in their humanity.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'm reading for my A.P. class "Hardball : Chris Matthews" Very good book.[/QUOTE]

WTF, you're reading Hardball for school?! What class is this?! :rofl:

[quote name='Quackzilla']War and Peace

Gereat book, seriously.[/quote]

It definitely is... but reading it in one week will be quite a feat:lol:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm most looking at The Black Dahlia Avenger, Fight Club (though I think I'm going to read that later for my film class) The Testament, and a book my friend reccomended me called Cats Cradle.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']WTF, you're reading Hardball for school?! What class is this?! :rofl:[/quote]

A.P. U.S. Goverment & Politics

I hear great things about a book called Freakonomics,

I believe it's now required reading for many college classes.

it's the next book I wanna read

Forever War by Joe Haldeman. Forever Peace, not so good; Forever Free, good until the very end.
The world--as we know it--does end in War, and Forever Free follows it up and explains it [Forever Peace is not a true sequel].

Here's what I've read this year.
http://www.kaboodle.com/dtcarson/books-ive-read-2006.html

Freaskonomics is good, it's interesting analysis of various statistical trends in very easy to read, friendly format.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']What's a good book based on how the world will end or like the world ending, besides Left Behind?[/quote]

You could pick up a collection of PK Dick's short stories.

Go with Cat's Cradle. Actually, any Kurt Vonnegut is great. You could finish Slaughter-House-5 in about 2 days, reading slow.

Or The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Or maybe try T.C. Boyle.

bread's done
Back