Good Bye Lik-Sang, you will be missed - Lik-Sang Closes Down Shop

ouch.. that sucks.....I wonder if that applies to all software.

I know for text books... they can only be sold by region...and selling them outside the region is illegeal... but i still bought my text books from amazon.uk and they were much cheaper.

Have only ordered a couple times from Lik-Sang, I thought the service was pretty good.

It sucks for the people that were relying on Lik-Sang for a Wii or a PS3.

I love how they made Sony look like total douchebags on their way out the door by pointing out all the people from Sony who got their Japanese PSP's from lik-sang when they came out.

I wonder if people selling Ps3's on ebay will be tracked down 9 months afte the sale and forced into court... if they happen to sell across seas?

I'm hearing that Lik-Sang didnt technically lose any money because they never brought a lawyer to the proceedings and effectively didnt defend itself.

That's absolute trash. It's been pointed out before but people ordering import consoles are likely to have already researched any safety issues beforehand.

I personally looked and asked around for days before commiting to a Japanese PSP. I couldn't be happier. I actually paid less than I would have a North American PSP and now I get to roam the streets (living room) with an awesome white handheld.

I won't miss 'em much, honestly. They've always been the highest priced store out there so I've never felt inclined to actually deal with them.

[quote name='mikeohara']I've already decided to boycott any further Sony products as a direct result of this,

fuck YOU Sony, fuck you PS3, fuck your piece of shit laptops, fuck your even worse piece of shit computers, fuck your fucking DVD players. fucking anti-competitive fucking bastards.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Overreact much?

If there is any reason to boycott sony it would be for their shoddy products. Any thing I have ever owned , from tvs to cd players to playstations, said product would break for no reason other then its a piece of crap. That is why when I do buy a playstation I wait for a second or third model of it to let them get rid of alot of the bugs in it.

I had a PS3 preordered on Lik-Sang so this sort of sucks for me. Although I really didnt expect to buy it from them (doubt I would get it any time soon and their statement about how the price would be "much higher" then retail) so luckily I reserved one at EB.

[quote name='Chacrana']I won't miss 'em much, honestly. They've always been the highest priced store out there so I've never felt inclined to actually deal with them.[/QUOTE]

Same.

As long as they don't go after Play-Asia, I could care less what Sony does.

The thing is, SCEE does this to protect European publishers (not just them). Europe normally has to wait for games, and since the PSP and PS3 are region free, it's only going to hurt European publishers.

However, the difference between SCEA and SCEE is that SCEA won't allow certain games to come stateside (such as direct PS1 ports with very few enhancements, some 2D games for full price, etc.), while SCEE has no restrictions (therefore, Europe normally gets more interesting Japanese games compared to us (505 Game Street is one of the publishers there where SCEA wouldn't allow many of those games stateside), such as many SNK games, 2D vertical shooters, the simple series, Tales of Eternia PSP, Breath of Fire III PSP, etc.). So basically, SCEA is forcing people to import some games (due to not allow publishers to bring them stateside), while SCEE won't allow imports since they allow any game to be published to the European market.

I thought Lik-Sang was a rip off. I would only buy stuff from Play Asia.

[quote name='musha666']Haha. Overreact much?

If there is any reason to boycott sony it would be for their shoddy products. Any thing I have ever owned , from tvs to cd players to playstations, said product would break for no reason other then its a piece of crap. That is why when I do buy a playstation I wait for a second or third model of it to let them get rid of alot of the bugs in it.

I had a PS3 preordered on Lik-Sang so this sort of sucks for me. Although I really didnt expect to buy it from them (doubt I would get it any time soon and their statement about how the price would be "much higher" then retail) so luckily I reserved one at EB.[/quote]

well, I am genuinely upset over this to be completely honest musha, although I do not have any pending orders with them (lots of fellow CAG'ers do though). In light of the post though, I will not buy a PS3 at all ... that is completely ridiculous however.

Yeah that pisses me off. I've used them before and liked them. I'm sure Sony will be going after play-asia.

fuck this shit. Lik-Sang was awesome.

Sony is a company made up of a bunch of ignorant, underachieving, overbearing, arrogant pieces of shit.

Cancelling my order for an XBR2 LCD TV when I get home from work. I'll wait for Sharp to fix the problems on their new panels. The picture quality is better anyway.

And when they eventually bring Play-Asia down, will people come up with reasons why THAT was an acceptable thing as well? It's "too expensive?" So fucking what? People that have the money will pay for the product, especially if it is sold out at Play-Asia or whatever. It's not like the price differences were worth bitching about most of the time anyway.

Christ, I'm ashamed to be a part of this community, seeing people defending Sony on something like this. Pathetic.

I hadn't used Lik-Sang recently, but I did do business with them back in the day. I remember getting my silver Game Boy Light from them way back when.

I had a pretty low opinion of Sony before this. It's in the basement now. But between PR poison like this, the lead weight that is the PSP, and their hilarious bungling of the PS3 launch, I think it's clear they've got more than enough rope to hang themselves.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Cancelling my order for an XBR2 LCD TV when I get home from work. I'll wait for Sharp to fix the problems on their new panels. The picture quality is better anyway.[/QUOTE]

While Sony's practices are annoying, they're not bad enough to make Sharp's LCDs better than Sony's XBRs.

[quote name='Chacrana']While Sony's practices are annoying, they're not bad enough to make Sharp's LCDs better than Sony's XBRs.[/QUOTE]

This is true. But Samsung is better than both (depending on the model).

[quote name='Tybee']This is true. But Samsung is better than both (depending on the model).[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. (We're waaaayyy OT now but whatever.) Samsung's LCDs seem to be sharpened to the point where you actually lose picture detail and stuff just looks... kinda crap as a result.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-12.gif

Now i have another reason to hate Sony, if i knew where their HQ was i would throw eggs at it soo much, thats terrible, hope they only settle with the biggest import site and don't go for Play Asia..

I guess Play Asia will be happy.

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... I should probably order Ouendan before YesAsia and Play-Asia get killed next.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly after seeing Elite Beat Agent's song list and this piece of news.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Meh, they were too expensive and they brought this on themselves. I don't feel sorry for them and I don't blame Sony.[/QUOTE]

Way to support letting the market decide who stays in business and who doesn't.

schmuck.

I've never ordered from Lik-Sang before, but I have from Play Asia, NCSX, and other such sites. This simply sets a precedent for the whole importing industry. Sony can go fuck themselves.

d'oh. seemed like a cool company. maybe they'll resurface under a new site or something. hopefully CheapyD's meal ticket, playasia, isn't next!

I believe we can still save Liksang.

If we was able to get those orders of PSP's threw then Liksang could still be saved aloing with the many other orders.

Also WTF there is many other import webpage why Lik-Sang.

Again yes Boycotting SONY along with Microsoft and Nintendo would be the Capital idea. Image if we can hault all sales maybe Gamestop and other scumbags will lie down and die.

Also posting on various webpages besides this one we can spread the word that SONY screwed over the honest working man.

This makes for some great PR for Sony right before the PS3 comes out. People always like to support their local bullies.

That does suck. I used Lik-Sang a lot and also found them to be very reliable.

That said, I've used Play-Asia almost exclusively for the past couple years since their shipping is so much cheaper than Lik-Sang's was. Too bad.

bread's done
Back