Good Camera for Youtube?

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I'm shopping for a good video camera specifically for making YouTube videos. There are so many options to choose from. I think I'm leaning more towards a lower-end DSLR (including lens) for around $400 to $500. The more user-friendly, the better. I really don't know too much about cameras (but I have a huge willingness to learn).

The camera is for a wellness center. The doctor want's to make youtube videos showing different types of exercises and giving nutritional advice. I'm looking for a video camera that takes good indoor videos. The wellness center is lit by flourecent lights (not sure if that matters).

It's important to the doctor that the videos not be shaky. I'm wondering if I should also buy a tripod for filming the different exercises. Sound quality is also important, so I'm also wondering if I should buy an external mic and buy a camera that has the proper audio inputs.

Being a die-hard CAG, I'm looking for a good deal (even though it's not my money). I appreciate any and all advice you guys have. The doctor wants to buy a camera from eBay, but I'm not 100% sure buying a used expensive camera is the best idea. I'm hoping there are a few camera choices during the upcoming BB elite plus "Doorbuster" sale on Thursday.

I heard the Canon Rebel t3i was a good starter DSLR since it is easy to use and not that expensive compared to other DSLRs.

A tripod is must if you do not want the video to look shaky. Some cameras have a stabilizer built in so if you do not have a tripod, it tries to make the picture/video less shaky.

Is a DSLR really necessary though, have you thought about a point and shoot like the Cannon ELPH 330 HS? Since most DSLRs will set you back at least $400 (not including a lens). If this is a little mini project, I would go with a point and shoot unless this is for some big budget project, go for the DSLR.

If you have a camera already, I would do a test shoot with it and upload it on youtube to see if it meets your standards with production and quality.

bread's done
Back