Good cellular phone provider?

icedout297

CAGiversary!
I'm in the market for a new cellular phone provider. I currently have Alltel and I reside in FL. I don't like Alltel what-so-ever, so it's time to change... Does anyone have any suggestions on a good cellular phone provider? I'm mainly after stability, cost, and type of phones they offer. I'd like to get a smart phone.

Thank you in advance

Sprint SERO plan is probably best for a smart phone...the plan comes with unlimited data & text messaging & 7pm nights/weekends. And starts at $30 for 500 anytime minutes.

well each service provider has their ups and downs in each market area...some would say Sprint is better than Verizon in South Florida, I would say Verizon is better then Sprint in Northern VA.

Just ask around to your co-workers..chances are they usually will have Sprint.

i say just ask people in your area, friends, coworkers, relatives. It will give you a much better idea of what will work for you

[quote name='ITDEFX']well each service provider has their ups and downs in each market area...some would say Sprint is better than Verizon in South Florida, I would say Verizon is better then Sprint in Northern VA.

Just ask around to your co-workers..chances are they usually will have Sprint.[/quote]

Agreed. For example, in my area, ATT definitely has the best service. I used to have US Cellular and could rarely complete a call without it dropping. my girlfriend's family has Sprint and they get no service unless they're actaully in a somewhat large city. It's best to ask people around you what they think of their phone service.

[quote name='darthbudge']CINGULAR! FTW! They are by far the best, of any cell phone providers.[/quote]
Just... no. Absolutely not.

I like my new T-Mobile service. Out of my 300 anytime minutes, I've used four of them.. while using 974 night/weekend minutes over the course of the past six days. :lol:

It also gets service where neither Verizon nor CIngular get it, for some reason, like at work or school.

Plus my phone is pretty. Blue and black luv.

I have cingular in the NY/CT areas and I've been pretty happy with it. I think some of the calls dropping have more to do with crappy free/low cost phones than the actual service. I intially had one of the cheapy phones while I was waiting to get my PDA phone and I noticed a signifigant difference in signal/call quality once I started using the better phone. If you browse the internets on your phone however, cingular blows. Verizon has the 3G network which smokes it (relatively).

Eh, my roomate constantly complains about Cingular. I have Verizon and its fine. Only places I can't make calls from are parking garages and in the valleys. I don't really do much except call people though...

I was just thinking... I have Sprint. (please avoid them) and since every service is all kinds of stupid (kinda like picking a president) I'd fuck it all and go with Metro pcs simply because of their plan. Sound good? Anyone have Metro pcs?

I have verizon, and I look forward to switching when my contract is up next summer...the service is fine, but the fee's are fairly high, and they usually have avg phones. Other providers have much nicer/cooler phones with more features. It comes down to what provider works well in your area. If it comes down to bang for your buck plans, my wife has t mobile and she gets at least 3 x as many minutes then I do, for less monthly.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i heard that metro pcs was good in south fl[/quote]

Absoutely not. Cheap, yes, but their service is terrible (I'm in SWFL).

OP, I'm on T Mobile and I really like it. I had Sprint for two years (again, this is Southwest Florida) and didn't like them.

I have sprint, and while I never have any real coverage or dropped call issues their customer service is horrid.

My phone broke on Saturday (fucking delicate RAZRs) and I ordered another one at a local repair site, well, they quoted me no more than two business days for it to arrive. It's Weds night ad as of yet they have no idea where my phone is. The guy said he'd find out and call me in 30 minutes. That was at 2PM (it's now 7:30PM). I'm in college and don't have a land-line, so I need my cell-phone. Way to go, incompetent douchebags.

It totally depends on your area so you should ask your friends and family.
T-mobile is reputed to have the best customer service though.

bread's done
Back