Good, Cheap PC games

Spades22

CAGiversary!
I've never really gotten into PC gaming before, but I'm looking for some really cheap games that I can play that are fun single player.
I really like strategy games, shooters, action, adventure, whatever.

I'd really like to be able to find some cheap C&C games, LOTR:BFME type games, or stuff like that. And a game thats cheap but with high specs would be nice...just to see how far I can push the computer :D

Unfortunately Gamestop quit selling used PC games a few years ago, so that outlet is closed. Check the 9.99 jewel case game rack at Target and Walmart. I saw Freelancer and Age of Empires Collection on clearance at Target for $4.98 each. Try eBay too, people will just about give away PC games after they're a few years old. And check out your Big Lots if you have any nearby, they carry PC games for $4-$6.

I would recommend investing in a good gamepad, like the Logitech wireless dualshock, or the 360 controller. It makes PC action gaming a lot more fun.

Ok well I actually live in canada so those stores (besides Walmart) I Can't really access.
But the controller idea is good...I have wireless 360 controllers...will those work? I'm guessing I need some kind of cord attachment like a plug and play device or something?

But anyway, right now I;m just looking at getting some games. I prefer to play strategy/shooters using the keyboard/mouse anyway.

Company of Heroes
Dawn of War
Homeworld 2
Universe At War
World in Conflict

I am not sure how cheap those are but they are all great strategy games.

bread's done
Back