Good, Cheap...uh...nvm...Is this a good PC?

Spades22

CAGiversary!
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10107936&catid=10607&logon=&langid=EN

What games will that computer all run? Will it run the latest titles? I'd like to know if its a good buy.

Base Features Processor Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600Processor Speed 2.4GHzRAM 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM (Exp. to 8GB)Hard Drive Speed/Capacity 640GB SATA 7200RPMOptical Drives Super Multi DVD Burner with LightScribeGraphics NVIDIA GeForce 9500GSPre-loaded Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1Graphics Dedicated Video Memory YesShared Video Memory 2303MBTV Tuner NoVideo Memory 512MB
Thanks

Yup, everything else looks good except the video card. You'll still be able to run most modern games at acceptable resolution (1440x900) and medium details, but certain games will likely be terrible (Crysis, Gears of War) unless lowering both settings. The system is not a bad buy, but you'll find out you'd like a better video card shortly.

Ok cool well...that kinda sucks that it won't play games like Crysis and Gears. Personally I'm not a HUGE graphics fanatic, as long as I can run it smoothly I'm quite happy. I noticed that till tomorrow in canada there is a GeForce 9600GT for 70$. Would that be a good buy?

The reason I Was looking at that one is that it comes with a W2207h monitor for 1000$ this week.

And btw, is a 256mb Geforce 9300GE and an AMD Phenom 9550 quad core better than the processor/graphics card in the computer in the Opening post?

[quote name='Spades22']Ok cool well...that kinda sucks that it won't play games like Crysis and Gears. Personally I'm not a HUGE graphics fanatic, as long as I can run it smoothly I'm quite happy. I noticed that till tomorrow in canada there is a GeForce 9600GT for 70$. Would that be a good buy?

The reason I Was looking at that one is that it comes with a W2207h monitor for 1000$ this week.

And btw, is a 256mb Geforce 9300GE and an AMD Phenom 9550 quad core better than the processor/graphics card in the computer in the Opening post?[/QUOTE]

nope

best option is to either build a computer yourself, or buy a prebuilt computer and upgrade the video card yourself

For $70, the 9600GT is a very decent buy. Its performance is on par with the ATI 3870 (~$100), but below the 8800GT (~$120). You'll definitely see some good improvement over the 9500GS if you are to replace that.

only thing im scared of with this PC is the power supply, but I'll check what it is when I buy it. What is a good Watt/Volt/Amp amount or whatever form its measured in for a power supply?
I had this PC once that I returned that was new but couldn't even handle a relatively decent video card I had bought because the power supply was too weak.

bread's done
Back