Good deal for 425.00 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

MouthBreather82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
first things first....backwords compatabilty....no need I have a PS1, PS2 slim so not a big deal that this unit does not support it.

Moving on I picked up this used lot which stated everything as mint, and the pictures and the seller also checked out aswell so I figured I would buy it used as the cheapest I could find a PS3 in my area was for a 80gb w/ no games or extras for 399.99.

So I went after this lot. yes buying a laser lens driven system used....tsk tsk on me..

so here is the lot...good deal or no?
I have a Play Station 3 40GB up for bidding with very low hours of useage. No scrapes, scratches, dings or dents. Used by adults only and played rarely. One controller included. Purchased early summer of 2008. Games include, Devil May Cry 4($40 new), Need For Speed Prostreet($34.99 used), Unreal Tournament 4($40 new), Grand Theft Auto IV($60 new), Metal Gear Solid 4 with game guide($60 new $19.99 for guide), And Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm with game guide($60 new $19.99 for guide). Games alone are valued at $330

I didnt think it was a bad purchase as it has the 2 games I am most intrested in playing on it with it
being MGS and DMC4

another ?, how quickly does the HD fill up...I know the 360 when I had one 20GB...never got past 9 GBS of free space remaining...also how easy would it be for a moderately mechanically inclined person to swap out and upgrade the HD if nessisarry

Let me just say, on PS3, you WILL fill up the HDD quickly, since many downloads are massive on PS3 (and some games install data to the HDD to improve loading times). But you can get a SATA 2.5" HDD for cheap.

Also, good deal, if you are NOT going to use the PS2 BC (40GB PS3 still plays PS1 games), don't bother getting a PS3 SKU that has it (because the 40GB and 80GB use less power too).

I'll decide if the rest of the deal is good a little later (after I take a shower).

Assuming it really is in good shape and they give you the original receipt for warranty reasons it sounds pretty good. The Hard drive will fill up, but even the 80 will fill up eventually and new drives (unlike the 360) are cheap since you can buy anything so that shouldn't be a concern. MGS 4 alone installs like 4 gigs on the drive.

And you can probably get a decent amount selling the games you don't want. GTA will probably get a good amount on ebay and if that's the naruto that just came out that too essentially making the system $100 cheaper or so.

Here is the link, I am not counting on the receipt, but that would be a great bonus if the seller happens to include that along with it. Also I am assuming that most of you knew that the games are all used the seller just referenced what they would cost if I were to buy them sepertate....at least I assume they are used. The sellers feeback is kind of low but I am pretty good at spotting a bad seller as I have only been hosed once on ebay and learned from the exprience.
As for selling the games...I will probably keep them all except Naruto as I doubt that will be my type of game...but I will give it a whirl before knocking it...plus if I dont like it I can trade it on either here or goozex. GTA4 I had for the 360 but barely played it past the release day due to my 360 always being a POS and giving me a dirty disc error on the game( I am so glad I am done with that piece of equipment), UT4....I liked 1 and 2....but havent played one since them....I assume its more of the same arena type shooter..which can be fun.

sorry for the non stop questions but I have to get a feel for this system before purchasing stuff that will just sit and collect dust
#1 how is the online community on COD4 on the PS3? has it died down since the release of world @ war or are there still alot players online( I assume it would have since that was one of the best multiplayer shooters I have played online since counterstrike)

#2- As far as the Orange Box goes...how bad is the lag in Team Fortress 2? I heard it was worse than the 360 version...if so that warrents a immidiate skip as sometimes the servers on there were unbearable

#3- Speaking of COD World @ War....how is the multiplayer? (online that is)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150312375559

1) The community has died down, though it is still playable online. At times, it can take a little while to find a game, but most of the time, it's a short wait. A few times I have gotten where I am the only one in that game type, and nobody joined. But, besides that, it's still worth buying.

2) Not sure, don't have OB for PS3.

3) CoD: WaWs multiplayer is basically the EXACT same thing as CoD4s. Only new things are the different weapons, maps, and vehicles. Still the three kills for UAV copy, five for the Air Strike copy (can't remember the names, don't own the game, but was a part of the 360 multiplayer BETA), and seven gets you dogs. It feels exactly the same, not much has changed. That's not to say it is fun, but, it's the same as CoD4.

[quote name='MouthBreather82']Here is the link, I am not counting on the receipt, but that would be a great bonus if the seller happens to include that along with it. Also I am assuming that most of you knew that the games are all used the seller just referenced what they would cost if I were to buy them sepertate....at least I assume they are used. The sellers feeback is kind of low but I am pretty good at spotting a bad seller as I have only been hosed once on ebay and learned from the exprience.
As for selling the games...I will probably keep them all except Naruto as I doubt that will be my type of game...but I will give it a whirl before knocking it...plus if I dont like it I can trade it on either here or goozex. GTA4 I had for the 360 but barely played it past the release day due to my 360 always being a POS and giving me a dirty disc error on the game( I am so glad I am done with that piece of equipment), UT4....I liked 1 and 2....but havent played one since them....I assume its more of the same arena type shooter..which can be fun.

sorry for the non stop questions but I have to get a feel for this system before purchasing stuff that will just sit and collect dust
#1 how is the online community on COD4 on the PS3? has it died down since the release of world @ war or are there still alot players online( I assume it would have since that was one of the best multiplayer shooters I have played online since counterstrike)

#2- As far as the Orange Box goes...how bad is the lag in Team Fortress 2? I heard it was worse than the 360 version...if so that warrents a immidiate skip as sometimes the servers on there were unbearable

#3- Speaking of COD World @ War....how is the multiplayer? (online that is)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150312375559[/QUOTE]All right, I took a look at the games you got and I'd say the majority you got were great. Although personally, I love the Naruto demo, but I have yet to buy it.

1. At CAG, CoD4 nights on PS3 are dead. Some people still play it online, but that's it. There are many factors that contribute to it, and part of it is definitely my fault. Most have migrated to either World At War or Resistance 2. I might even trade my copy in finally.

2. Ask the OP of this thread or those who may have played TF2 in this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189323

For UT3 (it's not UT4), we do have a CAG night for the game currently going:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180345

For GTA for, we do have a CAG night for the game going:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179501

Oh yeah, since you got it from ebay, definitely make SURE it works fine. We had someone here who bought a PS3 from ebay, where it wasn't padded and gave him a yellow light (basically the same as RRoD, but doesn't happen too frequently).

This is a good value if you aren't comfortable opening up a Sony card and getting one new for $250. At least the games included are decent.

Remember to go through live.com to get 25% cash back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back