Good deal on a GPS system?

naes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
So, my family is in the market for a GPS system. Any good deals on GPS systems? Which brands should we avoid? Which brands are the best?

I'm a total noob to GPS, so any help would be great.

i got a 2ish year old tom tom.....

tom tom = europe! it's not really MADE for the US....but its mapping is great on the road. its features are really for europe though. plus, its maps are very, very expensive (but can be found on the net if you know what i mean)

so yea....you might want to stay away from tom tom if you live in a big city because you won't be able to use all the features.

You Can Buy Navigon 5100 - Portable GPS System W/ Reality view, Built-in US Maps, Free Real- Time Traffic (Factory Refurbisthed) - for $149.99 with Free Shipping at Buy.com. You can get 10% Cash Back also.

I like my Mio C230, similar Mios can usually be found for about $150 (got mine from Radio Shack). It has text-to-speech, where it actually tells you the street name you'll be turning onto.

Instead of just saying "turn left in 100 yards", it'll actually say "make the next left on W.A. Stokens avenue". This is both less confusing and very amusing at the same time (it doesn't pronounce every street name quite the way it should).

I doubt you're online right now, but if you happen to be... there's a pretty nice system in the Wootoff right now for $200. Woot.com, if you're not familiar with the site. But it'll be gone in about ten minutes, I imagine.

I recommend a Garmin! They are full color and come with sexy voiced ladies!
elmo.gif%5B

Garmin is probably leader in GPS right now, so they are obviously priced higher. If you can, wait until Black Friday as I'm sure there will be really good deals on GPS's.

[quote name='Kerig']I like my Mio C230, similar Mios can usually be found for about $150 (got mine from Radio Shack). It has text-to-speech, where it actually tells you the street name you'll be turning onto.

Instead of just saying "turn left in 100 yards", it'll actually say "make the next left on W.A. Stokens avenue". This is both less confusing and very amusing at the same time (it doesn't pronounce every street name quite the way it should).[/quote]That is useful, and Garmins have been doing that for years.

Been looking at a high end GPS system either a nuvi 760 or 880, but the holiday deals havent really kicked in yet.

Last year there were some killer sales on GPS units, they will probably be another favourite tech gadget this year too. The question is can I hold out long enough...

Target is clearancing a lot of their Garmin Nuvi models...if you are lucky, you could get something for as much as 75% off.

bread's done
Back