Good deal on a portable DVD player?

farfus

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, my Coby portable is about ready to kick the bucket. Would love recommendations on what model or place to get a good deal. I loved this little unit, got it free when i signed up with Directv a year and a half ago. So far it looks like Amazon may (as usual) have the best deal on basically the same unit. Thanks!

I've got a Philips portable DVD player that I picked up from Radio Shack this summer. So far, I love it: It's got decent image quality, good battery life, an iPod dock, a memory card reader, and can easily be hacked to play discs from every region on Earth.

I second this request...I've got a Magnavox that is having trouble reading things with lots of chapters (like TV series, which is mostly what I watch). I thought these had dropped in price, but it looks like they're still 80-120 or so for anything about 4-5 inch screen.
I'm not too interested in region unlockability; primarily battery life and video quality; double headphone jack is a secondary feature. Position memory is almost a necessity. It just needs to play DVDs.

Ive gotta give my Coby very good reviews, although its acting cranky, it is still working as of today :). As long as i dont stop the disc for any length of time it will continue working. I use it at work (work 3 12 hr shifts at night/weekend) and its a fantastic boost to my otherwise fairly mundane work routine. Thanks for the input guys, i will use any input and probably check out a few review forums cnet, etc, to see what they say in the meantime. Overall i have to give the Coby a high rating though!

bread's done
Back