Good deal on Taiko Drum Master?

mkelehan

CAGiversary!
Taiko just came out, but everyone's got it for $60, so the best I could do is $55 with GGC. Anything better?

No offense to you, but the game looks really stupid... *Jumps up in down like an idiot on DDR pad*

[quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout your local Bestbuy $59.99 - $5 off GG coupon = $54.99 plus taxes :)[/quote]

That's how I got it. Worth every penny.

el bobo - You ever played it? After playing William Tell Overture and Katamari on the Rocks (KD theme), I bought it right then and there in Best Buy. I'm gonna buy a second drum too!

If you like Donkey Konga you will like Taiko since Donkey Konga was created based on Taiko. The gameplay is very similar except there is no clapping and you use drum sticks.

[quote name='Haruko821'][quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout your local Bestbuy $59.99 - $5 off GG coupon = $54.99 plus taxes :)[/quote]

el bobo - You ever played it? After playing William Tell Overture and Katamari on the Rocks (KD theme), I bought it right then and there in Best Buy. I'm gonna buy a second drum too![/quote]

You just made me want this game so bad.

[quote name='Haruko821'][quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout your local Bestbuy $59.99 - $5 off GG coupon = $54.99 plus taxes :)[/quote]

el bobo - You ever played it? After playing William Tell Overture and Katamari on the Rocks (KD theme), I bought it right then and there in Best Buy. I'm gonna buy a second drum too![/quote]

where can we buy the drum only?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Haruko821'][quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout your local Bestbuy $59.99 - $5 off GG coupon = $54.99 plus taxes :)[/quote]

You just made me want this game so bad.[/quote]

If they had a Katamari Damacy drumming game, I would be all over it 1000 times over, but I don't think that just one song from Katamari makes it worth the 60.

Namco are not releasing the drum by itself, so you will be forced to buy another copy of the game. I bought 2 copies of Taiko with DDR Extreme w/ Dance Pad as part of the TRU buy 2 get 1 free. Overall, I like Taiko better than Donkey Konga as the drum seems really well made since you do have to bang on it with the drumsticks.

[quote name='Owen']Namco are not releasing the drum by itself, so you will be forced to buy another copy of the game. I bought 2 copies of Taiko with DDR Extreme w/ Dance Pad as part of the TRU buy 2 get 1 free. Overall, I like Taiko better than Donkey Konga as the drum seems really well made since you do have to bang on it with the drumsticks.[/quote]

Gamestop.com has a lone drum in stock...

RedOctane is making their own Taiko drums, but I'll stick with the one.

Yeah, Katamari on the Rocks sold me too...

If only more games like this would get US releases. I'd like to pick it up myself.

[quote name='el bobo']No offense to you, but the game looks really stupid... *Jumps up in down like an idiot on DDR pad*[/quote]

As does the game in your signature, no offense either

[quote name='Masterkyo']HOpefully, more NAmco Taiko Drum release here in the US in 2005.[/quote]

Hopefully, a US equivalent of Anime Festival will be released.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']If only more games like this would get US releases. I'd like to pick it up myself.

[quote name='el bobo']No offense to you, but the game looks really stupid... *Jumps up in down like an idiot on DDR pad*[/quote]

As does the game in your signature, no offense either[/quote]

None taken. It is just your opinion, even though SA is one of my favorite games of all time.

This game is freakin awesome!!!

What is there to unlock besides the few tracks?
Do you get anything for beating all the songs on perfect combo?? (this will be freakin hard)

I was just at Target and noticed Taiko there, I thought it was $60 but couldn't quite remember at the time, and the large box was covering up the price tag, so I had the guy getting a different game for me lift the Taiko box up inside the case, and it revealed a price of $49.99. Score one for Target.

[quote name='Santurio']This game is freakin awesome!!!

What is there to unlock besides the few tracks?
Do you get anything for beating all the songs on perfect combo?? (this will be freakin hard)[/quote]

No idea. I'm still a "noob" but I play on Hard. I usually pass. Barely.

[quote name='Kulock']I was just at Target and noticed Taiko there, I thought it was $60 but couldn't quite remember at the time, and the large box was covering up the price tag, so I had the guy getting a different game for me lift the Taiko box up inside the case, and it revealed a price of $49.99. Score one for Target.[/quote]

Shit, i bought it this weekend at BB for 55. My BB is RIGHT ABOVE my Target. Oh well, worth the 55 for such a fun game, and the one game that got my mom into gaming. She's actually waiting for RedOctane to release a second drum so she can buy it.

This game is fucking incredible.

BEST PRICE:

Blockbuster.com for $49.99!

I used my store credit for this and Donkey Konga (also $49.99) and I chose the cheapest shipping (about $4) and I had to pay tax (about $9).

SO, I got both Taiko and Donkey Konga for $13 out of pocket.

[quote name='Gameboy415']This game is shaq-fuing incredible.

BEST PRICE:

Blockbuster.com for $49.99!

I used my store credit for this and Donkey Konga (also $49.99) and I chose the cheapest shipping (about $4) and I had to pay tax (about $9).

SO, I got both Taiko and Donkey Konga for $13 out of pocket.[/quote]

Incredible Deal! Too bad I don't like DK. Somethin... i dont know. I just didnt like it for some reason.

Oh yeah. It doesn't have Katamari on the rocks.

I think my new avatar shows some love for the game. Coupled with my Katamari Damacy sig, it's like I'm the official Weird Japanese game guy.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I think my new avatar shows some love for the game. Coupled with my Katamari Damacy sig, it's like I'm the official Weird Japanese game guy.[/quote]

All you need is a pic from Feel the Magic XX/XY and then you'll be official.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Kulock']I was just at Target and noticed Taiko there, I thought it was $60 but couldn't quite remember at the time, and the large box was covering up the price tag, so I had the guy getting a different game for me lift the Taiko box up inside the case, and it revealed a price of $49.99. Score one for Target.[/quote]

Shit, i bought it this weekend at BB for 55. My BB is RIGHT ABOVE my Target. Oh well, worth the 55 for such a fun game, and the one game that got my mom into gaming. She's actually waiting for RedOctane to release a second drum so she can buy it.[/quote]

Wouldn't Target be crushed by BB? ;)

[quote name='sying'][quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Kulock']I was just at Target and noticed Taiko there, I thought it was $60 but couldn't quite remember at the time, and the large box was covering up the price tag, so I had the guy getting a different game for me lift the Taiko box up inside the case, and it revealed a price of $49.99. Score one for Target.[/quote]

Shit, i bought it this weekend at BB for 55. My BB is RIGHT ABOVE my Target. Oh well, worth the 55 for such a fun game, and the one game that got my mom into gaming. She's actually waiting for RedOctane to release a second drum so she can buy it.[/quote]

Wouldn't Target be crushed by BB? ;)[/quote]

No, but getting into BB is a tough climb.

bread's done
Back