Good deal or bad deal? Wii related.

Unickuta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Today at lunch, I was talking to my friend about GTA IV (I had just gotten it off yourfree360games- he didn't have it). He sounded like he really wanted it, so I then remembered that he had a Wii that he kind of bought spur-of-the moment at launch. He had long ago traded in his three games, other than Wii Sports.

So I offered him GTA IV and $50 for his two Wii-Motes, two nunchuks, cables, the actual console, sensor bar, stand, Wii Sports, and the actual console.

So now I have a Wii. And yeah, the thread title is pointless because I know it was a fucking awesome deal. :whee:

Tell me how much you envy me/how bad of a friend I am.

[quote name='mitch079']You ripped your friend off. Hope you feel good about yourself.[/quote]

I told him it was...but he wanted GTA IV that badly. Really, I actually told him that it was a bad deal for him. Not in passing, either- I talked to him about it multiple times. I hope he doesn't check the eBay prices, though. :whistle2:\"

And hell yeah, I feel really, really good right now.

[quote name='Unickuta']I told him it was...but he wanted GTA IV that badly. Really, I actually told him that it was a bad deal for him. Not in passing, either- I talked to him about it multiple times. I hope he doesn't check the eBay prices, though. :whistle2:\"

And hell yeah, I feel really, really good right now.[/quote] You could've told him to go to the free 360 games site.

[quote name='darkslime']You could've told him to go to the free 360 games site.[/quote]

I've been trying to get him to CVS and pick up a debit card- we even went in the store together. but he hasn't done it yet.

Trust me, he hasn't played his Wii in months, wanted GTA IV, knew that the Wii went for loads, but didn't really care. Then again, he just wanted GTA IV very badly.

After all, should the Wii have sat in his closet? He would never have sold it on eBay. At least it's in a loving home now, my little sister's just excited to make Miis.

[quote name='hero101']You raped your friend and took his wii.[/quote]

I woudn't say raped...after all, why do you think I got the Wii so cheap?

His fault for being a dumbass and not trading it in somewhere to get three times that amount..

But really, you kinda got owned too, as there's nothing much worth playing on the Wii, once you get past the Mario stuff.

You got really lucky you have a idiot as a friend lol all in all u got a great deal wii for basically 110 amazing defiantly worth it

Why must you lie to us?

First you say "I hope he doesn't check the eBay prices, though." as in he doesn't know how much a Wii goes for on Ebay then you post this:

"knew that the Wii went for loads, but didn't really care"

LIAR! :D

Without taking raw dollar values into consideration, your friend got the better deal.

very tempting deal but I would feel guilty for taking his wii. He might realize how bad of a deal this was for him later and want his wii back. But anyway I would've said no les it ruin our relationship in the future.

Try to justify it however you want...you're a piece of crap friend. Congrats on getting the Wii at the expense of a friend....that is just such a douche-bag thing to do.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Why must you lie to us?

First you say "I hope he doesn't check the eBay prices, though." as in he doesn't know how much a Wii goes for on Ebay then you post this:

LIAR! :D[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about... the one who knew it was worth a lot was his friends evil twin. Yeah, that's it...

That's a pretty crap thing to do and of course I'm not buying all this BS that you supposedly told him about the price you can get for the wii and that you told him he can get a free GTA4. Also never take advantage of someone in desperation, especially a friend.

Hey...since you are into "fair" deals, I got an offer for you to help beef up your Wii library.
Ill give you NiGHTS and Excite Truck Wii for your PS3 games, Motorstorm, Resistance, Warhawk and Uncharted. Now you could probably sell those for more on eBay...but lets not discuss that. PM me for my mailing address and I'll get it to you so you can promptly send those PS3 games my way...Ill get NiGHTS and Excite Truckready for you, "friend".

[quote name='whoknows']I find it hard to believe that anyone giving the OP shit wouldn't do the exact same thing if given the opportunity.[/QUOTE]

Nope..sorry...you're wrong. I don't screw over friends or family for personal gain. Guess I was raised right? Maybe it's a lack of morals in general in our society that makes you say such a thing.

wow. I don't know which is worse, how badly you ripped your friend off, or how much of a dumbass your friend is.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Why must you lie to us?

LIAR! :D[/quote]

There's a difference in between hearing about the Wiis being expensive and looking at a long list of them going for $350+

[quote name='jousley']Nope..sorry...you're wrong. I don't screw over friends or family for personal gain. Guess I was raised right? Maybe it's a lack of morals in general in our society that makes you say such a thing.[/quote]

THE WII WAS SITTING IN HIS CLOSET. I DIDN'T STEAL IT FROM HIM. He told me it was basically worthless to him...just wanted to make the quick sale. If he changes his mind, he walks a few houses over and I get GTA IV back. He hasn't so far.

He doesn't have a PayPal account, is pretty lazy, and not stupid- he just hates the Wii and really wanted GTA IV badly. Hell, he'll give that game more playtime than he ever did his Wii.

He hadn't gotten a single game for the system since launch, either- I was trying to get him to pick up Galaxy or Brawl, but he said he didn't want to play "any gay games when all you do is jump on mushrooms." We're talking about a kid with a Wii who hates Mario.

[quote name='KSHLove']very tempting deal but I would feel guilty for taking his wii. He might realize how bad of a deal this was for him later and want his wii back. But anyway I would've said no les it ruin our relationship in the future.[/quote]

How about this: if he wants his Wii back, I give him his Wii back. I'm not going to try to convince him to do so, though- and as I told you, he really doesn't want to give up GTA IV. The only way that I can see this ending is if he finishes the game, gets sick of the multiplayer, and then asks for the Wii back. That would be unfair for me, because I'm planning on picking up GTA IV again soon anyways.

Six months ago, he offered it, with three games (which he has since traded in), to me for $150. I don't know why I didn't take it then.

[quote name='Scorch']His fault for being a dumbass and not trading it in somewhere to get three times that amount..

But really, you kinda got owned too, as there's nothing much worth playing on the Wii, once you get past the Mario stuff.[/quote]

[quote name='Apossum']Without taking raw dollar values into consideration, your friend got the better deal.[/quote]

That was what he was thinking.

[quote name='Unickuta']Today at lunch, I was talking to my friend about GTA IV (I had just gotten it off yourfree360games- he didn't have it). He sounded like he really wanted it, so I then remembered that he had a Wii that he kind of bought spur-of-the moment at launch. He had long ago traded in his three games, other than Wii Sports.

So I offered him GTA IV and $50 for his two Wii-Motes, two nunchuks, cables, the actual console, sensor bar, stand, Wii Sports, and the actual console.

So now I have a Wii. And yeah, the thread title is pointless because I know it was a fucking awesome deal. :whee:

Tell me how much you envy me/how bad of a friend I am.[/quote]

So he traded you 2 consoles?

[quote name='whoknows']I find it hard to believe that anyone giving the OP shit wouldn't do the exact same thing if given the opportunity.[/QUOTE]

We might be cheap but some of us do have some standards, you know?:roll:

What's all this about standards and morals? Going under the assumption that this guy bought the Wii and the accessories himself, he obviously knew how much all this stuff cost. So he's either too lazy to trek out to a game store and trade it in, or he's too impatient to post it online and sell it for some good profit.

OP, any chance this buddy of yours has a lot of money? Sounds like someone who's got more cash than responsibilities. In which case... make sure his folks don't find out. ;)

[quote name='Unickuta']
THE WII WAS SITTING IN HIS CLOSET. I DIDN'T STEAL IT FROM HIM. He told me it was basically worthless to him...just wanted to make the quick sale. If he changes his mind, he walks a few houses over and I get GTA IV back. He hasn't so far.

He doesn't have a PayPal account, is pretty lazy, and not stupid- he just hates the Wii and really wanted GTA IV badly. Hell, he'll give that game more playtime than he ever did his Wii.

He hadn't gotten a single game for the system since launch, either- I was trying to get him to pick up Galaxy or Brawl, but he said he didn't want to play "any gay games when all you do is jump on mushrooms." We're talking about a kid with a Wii who hates Mario..[/QUOTE]

Like I said before. You can try as much as you want to talk yourself into a clean conscious but the fact is you got a HUGE advantage in the deal. If it were a yard sale or thrift store, it would be one thing, but this is/was your FRIEND. He could have taken the Wii to ANY place that takes the systems in trade (even Gamestop) and gotten a better deal than you gave him. So say whatever makes you feel better. You are still a shitty friend to this person.

But then again...to each their own. I hate sounding judgmental.

I AM SO MORAL AND GOOD AND HIGH-AND-MIGHTY. I have the right to tell you how good or bad of a person you are. I ALONE am the sole judge of your worthiness as a human being.

I spit on you for not being as good as me. I don't care whether or not your friend knew what it was worth and wanted to do it, this is a way for ME to be better than YOU.

Once again, you're a DOUCHE and I'm PERFECT. Good day ----NOT!

[quote name='Samus']I AM SO MORAL AND GOOD AND HIGH-AND-MIGHTY. I have the right to tell you how good or bad of a person you are. I ALONE am the sole judge of your worthiness as a human being.

I spit on you for not being as good as me. I don't care whether or not your friend knew what it was worth and wanted to do it, this is a way for ME to be better than YOU.

Once again, you're a DOUCHE and I'm PERFECT. Good day ----NOT![/QUOTE]

Hey pal, the OP is the one that came on here bragging about how great of a deal he got. As for your little rant, Samus....looks like you are new to the site. There is a big difference between a Cheapassgamer and a Jerkassgamer... I can't help it if I see friendship as something sacred. You just don't screw over your friends...even if they are WILLING to let you screw them over. It has nothing to do with being "High and Mighty"...it has everything to do with what is RIGHT.

[quote name='jousley']Hey pal, the OP is the one that came on here bragging about how great of a deal he got. As for your little rant, Samus....looks like you are new to the site. There is a big difference between a Cheapassgamer and a Jerkassgamer... I can't help it if I see friendship as something sacred. You just don't screw over your friends...even if they are WILLING to let you screw them over. It has nothing to do with being "High and Mighty"...it has everything to do with what is RIGHT.[/quote]

Hey pal, just because YOU wouldn't do it does not make it wrong. As long as his friend was knowledgable of it's worth and really didn't care if he was getting the worse end of the deal, who cares? Just because the friend got a worse deal in dollar value doesn't mean that he got a bad deal out of convienence and fun.

Now if the friend was for some reason ignorant to the Wii's price and actually thought the Wii was only worth $50 + a used game, then there is a problem with ripping him off like that and that is being a crappy friend.

What do you suggest the OP do? Offer him eBay prices when the friend only wanted $50 + a used game, just out of some wacked out set of morals?

No, get off your morality and CAG-veteran high horse.

[quote name='jousley']Like I said before. You can try as much as you want to talk yourself into a clean conscious but the fact is you got a HUGE advantage in the deal. If it were a yard sale or thrift store, it would be one thing, but this is/was your FRIEND. He could have taken the Wii to ANY place that takes the systems in trade (even Gamestop) and gotten a better deal than you gave him. So say whatever makes you feel better. You are still a shitty friend to this person.

But then again...to each their own. I hate sounding judgmental.[/quote]

Well for one thing, he can still play the Wii quite often, he's over my house a lot. Second, he knew my sister really wanted it. Third, he wanted GTA IV. And fourth, in the past, I've given him (not for his birthday or anything)
  • a Dreamcast
  • two DC controllers
  • 8 games (among them were Soul Calibur, RE: Code Veronica...)
  • my old GBA
Not to mention many other things, and him to me. And once, when we were at the fleamarket, I passed on an authentic, M1 Garand training rifle from one of those WWII camps ($5) so he could get it. I still rib him about it. We're good friends, he's not stupid.

Aren't those stories of people going to their friends houses and offering then a buck for Earthbound worse anyways?

[quote name='jousley']Hey pal, the OP is the one that came on here bragging about how great of a deal he got. As for your little rant, Samus....looks like you are new to the site. There is a big difference between a Cheapassgamer and a Jerkassgamer... I can't help it if I see friendship as something sacred. You just don't screw over your friends...even if they are WILLING to let you screw them over. It has nothing to do with being "High and Mighty"...it has everything to do with what is RIGHT.[/quote]

We both made out well in this deal- I got a Wii for myself and he can still play it, and he gets some dough and GTA IV, not to mention some cleared closet space. Of course it wasn't nearly the deal he could have gotten for it, but he full well understands that. He also likes the convenience of just bringing the Wii down the street- he's not like me, he doesn't enjoy fielding offers on sites like this. (he also doesn't have an eBay/PayPal acount and doesn't want one)

You really are being a bit judgmental here, even though looking at my first post, what you're saying could definitely make sense. He's not stupid- hell, he's actually really smart- it's him being a good friend, not me a bad one.

So, in the end, my friend gave me a good deal on his Wii that he never played and had no intention of playing, can play it over my house if I get a good enough multiplayer game, and saves our family $250, as my sister would have gotten it in June. And also, he will get much more playtime out of GTA IV than he would ever the Wii, plus $50. Just because some soccer moms are going on eBay, paying $350 for the console, doesn't mean it's worth that much to everyone. He knew full well that the deal was, moneywise, not in his favor.

Damn Cardinals fans...respect the real Missouri team. /sarcasm

If the op truly did explain to him the price then I see no problem with it. Maybe his friend would rather it go to a good friend of his instead of gamestop at the expense of a few dollars. I have seen that before. Monetary value aside, if he is going to get more play time out of GTA IV than the Wii then it was a good deal for HIM, doesn't matter if it's not a good deal for you. However that said, I think it was kind of bad taste to come here and brag about this kind of score from a friend. This just makes him and yourself look bad regardless of how each of you feel about the deal.

[quote name='dmdragon']If the op truly did explain to him the price then I see no problem with it. Maybe his friend would rather it go to a good friend of his instead of gamestop at the expense of a few dollars. I have seen that before. Monetary value aside, if he is going to get more play time out of GTA IV than the Wii then it was a good deal for HIM, doesn't matter if it's not a good deal for you. However that said, I think it was kind of bad taste to come here and brag about this kind of score from a friend. This just makes him and yourself look bad regardless of how each of you feel about the deal.[/quote]

Post of the day, but hell, I was on an adrenaline rush after I made the first post.

Its cool, Unickuta. Hey, like I said, its a free country..do as you please. If you are both happy then whats anyone else's opinion matter. Just from your first post it seemed like you were bragging about screwing over your friend. That bothered me...but its none of my business. Congrats.

[quote name='Samus']

Once again, you're a DOUCHE and I'm PERFECT. Good day ----NOT![/QUOTE]

Narrator: Michael had hoped something more dramatic would have come out of his mouth. Or at least more current.

[quote name='jousley']
As for you, Samus. Bugger off. My "morality" is my business. Who pulled your chain anyways? Now quiet down and drop it....much more noise from you and your mom is likely to kick you outta her basement ;)[/quote]

First of all, my mother said I could stay in the basement for at least another 5 years. After all, she said I have to be 35 in order to be mature enough to leave.

Second of all, your "morality" is not just your business because you're forcing it upon other people. Or at least you were, and others.

[quote name='jousley']As for you, Samus. Bugger off. My "morality" is my business. Who pulled your chain anyways? Now quiet down and drop it....much more noise from you and your mom is likely to kick you outta her basement ;)[/quote]

Dude, if you haven't gotten it by now, you never will.

[quote name='Unickuta']Today at lunch, I was talking to my friend about GTA IV (I had just gotten it off yourfree360games- he didn't have it). He sounded like he really wanted it, so I then remembered that he had a Wii that he kind of bought spur-of-the moment at launch. He had long ago traded in his three games, other than Wii Sports.

Tell me how much you envy me/how bad of a friend I am.[/quote]

I remember reading a post that to my recollection was exactly like this awhile back. The game was different but it was a ridiculous trade like this to a so-called "friend". It actually sounds eerily similar, almost like a cut and paste.

Anyways. If he wanted to do it than more power to the OP for finding a great deal.

[quote name='jousley']Nope..sorry...you're wrong. I don't screw over friends or family for personal gain. Guess I was raised right? Maybe it's a lack of morals in general in our society that makes you say such a thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']We might be cheap but some of us do have some standards, you know?:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well his friend obviously didn't care so I don't know why you people do. His friend paid $250 for the console so he knows it's worth more than a $60 game and $50 yet he traded anyways, so get over it.

bread's done
Back