Good deal or not for 2nd gen Touch & PSP

Well lets see. You could sell the ipod for 80-100ish and get the psp for 60. Good deal? Imo not really I'd pass. I would throw a 110 offer and cap at 135.

Eh, not meant to be, shot him an offer of $140 ($100 for the iPod & $40 for the PSP, thought it was fair). Comes back with actually upping his price to $200, an extra $20 for a 1gb memory stick for the PSP & an extra $20 for the iPod since its jail-broken...

I'll pass...

[quote name='Coolzell']Well lets see. You could sell the ipod for 80-100ish and get the psp for 60. Good deal? Imo not really I'd pass. I would throw a 110 offer and cap at 135.[/QUOTE]

Pass the 2nd gen iPod isn't worth having at this point unless you are possibly getting it for about $40-50. 2nd gen can't get software updates anymore which means new games and apps won't be able to run on it, which will likely make your kid unhappy especially when they start loading the iPod with apps. It also does not have a camera or a built in mic like the 4th gen does.

I didn't know the 2nd gen was discontinued from updates, thanks for the info!

Figure I need to find a 3rd or 4th gen soon before the Christmas shoppers shoot the used market prices to hell...

[quote name='SaraAB']Pass the 2nd gen iPod isn't worth having at this point unless you are possibly getting it for about $40-50. 2nd gen can't get software updates anymore which means new games and apps won't be able to run on it, which will likely make your kid unhappy especially when they start loading the iPod with apps. It also does not have a camera or a built in mic like the 4th gen does.[/QUOTE]

The 3rd gen 8GB is just a 2nd gen inside, so don't buy that one.

If you want the real upgrades you have to get 4th gen, and they are big upgrades. I have the 4th gen and it has 256mb ram, a-4 processor, camera with video, front camera for facetime, built in mic etc. 2nd gen has.... none of this and only 64mb of ram if I am correct, I may be wrong, I don't own a 2nd gen, but its nothing like the 4th gen trust me.

Also please get 32GB or higher, you really can't live with 8GB especially when the software takes up 2 or more gigs of that.

Rumor has it that the apple event is on october 4th this year so I would wait till that before buying any iPod, although this year is not supposed to be a big upgrade year for the iPod touch, what else can they add to it before it becomes the iPhone??? I think they are only making a white one this year with very slight upgrades.

The 4th gen is totally worth it, its one of the best products I own, its basically a smartphone without the super high bills. There are apps that do free texting and whistle lets you make phone calls under 20 min for free. Of course it has to be connected to wifi to do this but it really becomes a phone when its connected to wifi. Some of the games they have out now are pretty engaging, there are a lot of shovelware games but there are good ones on the app store too.

No, not really a deal. Itouch is amazing tho. I suggest you get a new one with a warranty that covers user damage since it's for a youngin and they tend to drop things... those screen shatter like its glass

[quote name='Hybrid5006']No, not really a deal. Itouch is amazing tho. I suggest you get a new one with a warranty that covers user damage since it's for a youngin and they tend to drop things... those screen shatter like its glass[/QUOTE]

Actually their pretty tough built. I've dropped my 4th gen at least once or twice and to my suprise,no damage. Regardless,get a plan as it can break over time( screen touch malfunctioning or such). It will cost some but worth it.

Yeah the iPod touch is built pretty tough, you can get a rubber case on ebay for a dollar or 2 that will protect the back from scratches. Don't buy the cases in the stores they are way too expensive, just get the rubber TPU cases from ebay which work perfectly and are very cheap.

But things sometimes happen like the headphone jack stops working or the home button stops responding, but as long as you take care of your stuff then it should be fine. You get a one year warranty from the start with your touch. Apple care doesn't cover accidental damage of any sort and no coverage for water damage so I would stay away from applecare.

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah the iPod touch is built pretty tough, you can get a rubber case on ebay for a dollar or 2 that will protect the back from scratches. Don't buy the cases in the stores they are way too expensive, just get the rubber TPU cases from ebay which work perfectly and are very cheap.

But things sometimes happen like the headphone jack stops working or the home button stops responding, but as long as you take care of your stuff then it should be fine. You get a one year warranty from the start with your touch. Apple care doesn't cover accidental damage of any sort and no coverage for water damage so I would stay away from applecare.[/QUOTE]

Also don't get water in the headphone jack because that automatically voids your warranty, there is a sensor in there that turns pink if its come into contact with water.

[quote name='SaraAB']Also don't get water in the headphone jack because that automatically voids your warranty, there is a sensor in there that turns pink if its come into contact with water.[/QUOTE]

Interesting you had mentioned that as I never even knew that it voids warranty. Regardless thanks for heads up : )

I am pretty sure it does, but it might vary on a case to case basis, reportedly apple is being a little more leinient with the water sensors these days after the fiasco with the stick-like iPod shuffle that was designed for working out but would be voided if a little bit of sweat or rain got into the headphone jack.

bread's done
Back