Good deals on Wii Remote Plus?

Leonhart

CAGiversary!
So I started up my Wii after not using it for years, only to discover my two Wiimotes were destroyed from battery corrosion. Just another case of me always forgetting to remove old batteries... Frickin' Duracell.

Anyone know of good deals for a Wii Remote Plus, new? Most places like Amazon and Best Buy have them for $37-40, but I want to check here first.

I'd prefer one of the standard colors, like black, white, or blue.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link, but I'd prefer not to have used/refurb. I've had a couple refurb controllers over the years for other systems and there's always some issue like mushy buttons.

I plan on buying the refurbished ones from Nintendo. You can get the Nunchuck/Wii Mote combo for 25, with 5 dollars shipping.

The reason I am backing this is because I have seen a lot of CAGs on this forum comment that they have ordered refurbished controllers, and systems, from there and they are basically open box new. You can't tell that they are used.

Also they have a one year warranty. That's longer then any other refurbished product on the market as far as I know.

Other then that, unless you buy the knock off ones from eBay or Amazon for around 15 to 20 you're not going to find any sales, sadly. I've been checking since before X-Mas. The only sale I have seen was the one at Sears where they had the official ones for 5 to 15 dollars a piece and the Nunchuck for 4 bucks.

There are third party options like Afterglow or Rock Candy. You can get the remote for about 15 to 20 bucks going that route brand new, but I personally have never used one before. My brother in law has an Afterglow X-Box 360 wired controller he has had since Christmas and it works ok.

Sorry I wasn't of more help but honestly the refurbished ones from Nintendo Store are your best bet, money wise. Chances are slim but if you get a dud, return it.

Good luck though my fellow CAG, and happy hunting!

Oh yeah, you might can get a nice deal on a new or used one by checking the trading forum here on CAG. I'm sure someone has a good used one for sale/trade.

Thanks for the input. I may give the refurb one a chance after all. I didn't consider their return policy, so it seems like it'd be a good deal.

No problem, glad I was able to help. Double check the one year warranty as I know it applies to systems/consoles. It should be for the accessories too.

They did have the blue ones in stock around X-Mas, but I believe they only have white or black at the moment. I'm going to place an order this week myself.

I can vouch that I am very pleased with the refurb set I bought from Nintendo. You can also check for any old stock of the bundled games because some of those were clearanced for cheap and might even still be available at some K-Mart's who are marking down all games.

If you are dead-set on getting a new one, I would consider looking for the bundles they come in. Nintendo Land, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, etc .. they are usually cheaper in the bundle, and you get a game along with it -- even if you don't want the game, you can trade/sell it.

bread's done
Back