Good Digital Camera for $200 or under

Parathod

CAGiversary!
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good camera for under $200 or if there are deals on any. I know very little about them and don't know what to look for. I don't plan on doing anything advanced, but i'd still like the picture quality to be nice. Thank you!

Getting a quality camera for under $200 is really easy nowadays. Infact, you can probably get a good camera for about $100 if you really look around. For basic photo-taking with quality results, look for 3.2+ MPs and 3x+ Optical Zoom. Digital Zoom isn't as important.

I'll go ahead an recommend this one. It's similiar to what I have, but better. 5MP is plenty, and 4x Optical Zoom is pretty good. I'd say it's a great deal for $170.

If you can settle for less, you can definitely still find quality camera for between $125-$150.

This one's a great deal for only $100 (plus shipping?) AR.

If you're looking to get one for under $100, the Kodak Easyshare C310 is a great choice. The downside to it is that it has no optical zoom feature, and indoor shots are disappointing when it's dim.

Got a Kodak C360 for $129.99 a couple weeks ago. Love it. 5 MP, optical zoom, large 2 inch LCD.

My only advice is get a camera with optical zoom, not just digital zoom.

Seems like a good camera to me. It takes SD cards, which is a plus, since they're some of the cheapest memory cards around.

[quote name='Parathod']http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...coding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance&n=502394

Any opinions on this one? It has a high rating on Amazon. I'm also looking into the Canon and Kodak ones.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad camera but it doesn't have a viewfinder. These come in handy when shooting outside shots. If you own a cell phone, you'll know its VERY hard to see the LCD screen in the sunlight. As someone recommended above, I'd go with the A530 Canon. I sell digital cameras at BB and it's one of the better "lower end" cameras we carry. Also be on the lookout for a good deal on a SD card (probably atleast 512) and rechargable batteries (Digital Cameras eat up the batteries, especially AA's.). Good luck :)

I decided to go with the Canon Powershot A620 through Outrage's PM and a few other sources. It's seems Canon is the only way to go and this one should last me a few years at least. The samples on Amazon look great. When I get the camera i'll let everyone know if it's any good in case someone plans on getting one soon. Thanks a lot for helping me!

Another idea is to regularly check Craig's List for people selling their cameras. I got my current camera from there. Keep checking CL for a few days. Whenever someone posts what looks like a good deal on a camera, google the model name for reviews and prices. Amazon has a lot of consumer feedback to read.

If you see something fantastic, jump on it quickly. I got my Canon PowerShot A300 and three memory cards for $60 used. The A300 has nice picture quality, but no optical zoom. If you can't or don't want to go the CL route, try trading with someone on a forum that you trust enough. I'm a big fan of used for midrange digital cameras, since I'm a college student and I've had good experiences with used products.

bread's done
Back