Good games for my little sister age 9 on the 360.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok,

So I got in on the deal this morning for Chirstmas. She is age 9 loves Nintendo, pokemon, sonic, etc.

She has wanted Viva Pinata for some time and at this point that is all she had asked for.

What other games might some of you recomend for someone in that age group?

Banjoo kazooi?

Any ideas I can get I would be thankful for.

Civilization Revolution!

I haven't met a "casual gamer" yet that hasn't loved that game.

And you could probably just buy her 4000 MS points and wave your finger at XBLA games to find a good one.

Yea VP is a great game for the little ones. I'm sure of the Pixar movie games like "Up" would make her happy too.

I have 8 year old boys and they love all of the Lego game (Batman and Indiana Jones are huge hits). Monsters vs. Aliens and a bunch of the movie tie in games are also popular. Kung Fu Panda can be found on the extreme cheap side and is actually a solid game.

Honestly though, they know more about the world of Viva Pinata, how to make the different creatures, make them stay, etc. I'd recommend Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise pretty highly.

Since you got in on an arcade deal, I'd go with some arcade compilations (to save on memory space)...specifically the one that came with the old arcades (you can get it and sega superstars tennis for ~$10 at gamestop) (Green Cover)...It comes with Pac Man C.E., Feeding Frenzy, Luxor, Boom Boom Rocket, and Uno.

My daughter (6) loves several of those games and Peggle, TMNT, and Splosion Man (all xbla titles).

Another title that would be good, imo, would be the Sonic Genesis Collection. However, I've not bought that yet...

Peggle is like legalized crack. I own it on the PC, the DS, and I'm about to own it on the 360 and iPhone.

I don't see why everyone says Viva Piñata is great for kids. It's the smuttiest game I've ever played (and I've played GTA and Mass Effect). The whole point of the game is getting your animals to bang each other. Sure, they call it the 'romance dance' but you and I both know what's really going on.

Nine is far too young for that sort of thing.

[quote name='Snake2715']emdub,

Are you serious? I have to check this out, as it sounds pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

Embub is serious.

Hi,

I recommend Kameo, she will like playing as a fariy. Any movie games such as Bolt, Kung Fu Panda, Shrek. Additionally, I also concur about getting the used arcade compilations at Gamestop or Game crazy etc. They are usually very cheap.

If you do get a hard drive, (used are $30-40) I would just download the free demos of several games including the family games such as Sorry, Battleship, Yahtzee etc

Viva Pinata's pretty involved for a nine year old. There's a lot of micromanagement and shit you have to remember.

I'll second Lego _________ . They're all $20, I believe (Star Wars: Complete Saga, Indiana Jones, Batman), and they're easy enough that anyone can pick up and play. It's also impossible to actually "die" in the game, as it just restarts you in the same area with less Lego pieces.

Used Arcade comps should be

Yeah, Viva Pinata is a little...graphic-ish. It's very dumbed down for kids, but you definitely "mate" and "kill pinatas". Candy instead of blood. You make the choice.

You can get Viva Pinata: Party Animals for practically free. It has nice mix of racing, party games and fun stuff of the like. I picked it up for a friends children to play and it was rather decent.

I'd almost recommend You're in The Movies, but the Vision Cam use is a parental choice and it's a little odd.

If she can handle a deep game like Pokemon (which also has its own breeding side game), then she might also like Viva Pinata, as everyone here's suggested.

Splosion Man is also a hilarious game to play. If anything, there tons of cheap and small Xbox Live arcade games you can get for her that I'm sure will keep her busy. Good luck.

Thanks guys its really appreciated. I will report back with what I pick up and the arcade compilations seem like a good deal.

There's a new game called Madagascar Kartz that I think looks pretty good. I was thinking of getting it for my kids and I to play.

Kung Fu Panda - is that a coop for the full game? I've been looking for the same kinds of recommendations, but for my 6.9 and 8.5 year old boys, so coop games are preferred. I was considering Kung Fu Panda, but it's unclear if the 2-player play is the full game, or just some mini-game.

[quote name='crunchewy']Kung Fu Panda - is that a coop for the full game? I've been looking for the same kinds of recommendations, but for my 6.9 and 8.5 year old boys, so coop games are preferred. I was considering Kung Fu Panda, but it's unclear if the 2-player play is the full game, or just some mini-game.[/QUOTE]

2 player in Kung Fun Panda is just for an additional vs. mode in the game. Unless I missed something, there is no co-op option in the story mode.

Unless you plan on playing VP with her, I'd actually recommend against that. That game gets extremely complex in later levels and becomes a pretty big handful to manage a garden full of animals.

[quote name='loganx1187']2 player in Kung Fun Panda is just for an additional vs. mode in the game. Unless I missed something, there is no co-op option in the story mode.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I might pick it up eventually anyway, but it's lower on the totem pole knowing that. Much appreciated.

Sonic Unleashed, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, EDF 2012, and Mirror's edge.
And I don't understand the mentality of recommending those horrible movie licensed games or those very easy kid-safe games just because a person is young.

Some of the movie licensed games are pretty good!

I'd recommend some cutesy stuff on XBL as well. With 4000 points, your game library can go a long way.

For some reason my daughters really liked The Bee movie game.

And LEGO Star Wars, and Viva Pinata ( any of them ).

I'll go with the Lego games as well, and second the sentiment that a shitty licensed game is no substitute for a good one. Some of them might be decent, but you know most of them are going to be shit, so if you go that route choose wisely.

I also think Viva Pinata might get too complex later on, she might just get bored or annoyed. If she really gets into it she might not mind though.

And nobody has mentioned Beautiful Katamari? Beautiful Katamari! The XBLA comp is great and can be had really cheap on ebay as well. Along with that you could get points cards and help her pick out good games on XBLA herself (make sure she plays the demos!).

bread's done
Back