Good Gaming Mice.

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Recently my old cordless Logitech optical mouse died on me and I really need a new so I was looking around and saw that pretty much for gaming mice it comes down to either the Razer Copperhead for the Logitech G5. I like the weight adjusting feature and look of the G5 but I also like 7 programmable buttons and uber fast response time on the Razer Copperhead.

So what I want to know if if any CAGs have either one of these mice and would care to input why they like or don't like what they have. Also if you have another mouse that you like feel free to suggest it too me.

I have the first generation G5 mouse, so it doesn't have the 'forward' button on the thumb. So if you're going to get the G5, get the newer, blue tone that has 2 thumb buttons on the side. Nonetheless it is a good mouse, but at high sensitivity it feels kinda jerky in games. I'm not sure if this occurs on all mouse, but it does occur on the G5. Besides that I think it is a solid mouse; simple drivers (not some blotted software) makes it a good choice for gamers.

I used to have a G7 (wireless version of G5), but after about 6 months I would get occasional freeze ups, so I went with a MS Habu, which is built by razer. Setup was a bit of a pain, but its one of the best mice Ive ever owned. If you can, at least try your hand on each one. At first, after using logitechs for so long, I didnt like the feel of the habu, but now, I really like it.

i have the razor copperhead and i love it, very responiove and most importantly to me comfortable. It also looks very cool and all around its just a great mouse, pricy, but great!

I use a simple Razer Pro Solutions.. It's not really titled as a gaming mouse, but it's awesome as hell. Lightweight, quick, 1600dpi. I think it's the same shell as the copperhead/diamondback.

I have a white Razer Pro 1.6 and love it. Precise, smooth, and comfortable as hell.

I used to use MS mice, but they would keep breaking on me (it's not like I'm a guerrilla!). This one has lasted me for over a year now.

I never bought an expensive mouse besides the MX518 ($30) and the MX610 ($26). The MX518 is more precise but I use the MX610 more frequently since it's wireless and works just as well except if you plan to use it in online games).

I use this and haven't looked back. As for using it on a game I did a while back but I don't do PC gaming much anymore. It will work just fine though.

[quote name='squirrel007']I use a Razer deathadder. It is great for FPS and very comfortable if you are right handed![/QUOTE]

I randomly came across a review for it on ExtremeTech a few weeks ago and decided to order one. Definitely worth the money- it's a fantastic mouse.

I've got the G5, I got it for abou 35 instead of the reg 60. I like the mouse since you can customize it to your likeing. I've had it for a little under a year and haven't had a problem yet.

Right now I am pretty sure I want the G5 unless I can find the copperhead at a comparible price.
Yeah also I saw the G5 on Buy.com for 35 dollars with free shipping and then I could add the 10 dollar off google checkout deal and the coupon gco10 to get an extra 10% off which end up having the total be slightly over 20 dollars shipped. The only catch is that I won't have any money until the first of June so I am hoping that deal will still be there.

MX 1000. Came with my MX3200 and it works great.

MX 510. Use it when I need my MX 1000 to be charged. Great as a secondary mouse.

[quote name='darthbudge']I have had wireless mice before, I wasn't crazy about them, they eat batteries like crazy and don't seem to be as reliable.[/quote]

I use a wireless logitec mouse and keyboard (mx3100) and use it constantly without nary a problem. I really just now remembered that my keyboard uses batteries - I haven't changed them in long long time. The mouse doesn't use batteries either - I just put the thing in a charging dock every 10 days or so for about three hours (usually while I'm away working) and it's good to go.

I also find that using a good mouse pad helps a bit. I've tried magazines or regular hard surfaces, as well as cushion pads, but thus far nothing beats the smoothness I've gotten with the func surface 1030. link here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817114307

[quote name='redgopher']Go wireless. Wired mice are for fags.[/QUOTE]

untill your batteries die and you die, or, in my case, your g7 starts freezing. Wired mice will allways be better for gaming.

[quote name='sketch226']I randomly came across a review for it on ExtremeTech a few weeks ago and decided to order one. Definitely worth the money- it's a fantastic mouse.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it is nice.

Also, I have owned a copperhead and I dont like where the buttons are placed on the sides. Just didnt fit my hand right.

[quote name='uli2000']untill your batteries die and you die, or, in my case, your g7 starts freezing. Wired mice will allways be better for gaming.[/quote]

It's better period... I've never had to worry about forgetting to turn off my mouse and come to find out later I have to search for new batts and recharge the old ones.

Wired mice FTW

For one, no worrying about batteries and chargers.

Secondly, some gamers swear that wireless mice have response time issues that ruin their games. Whether or not this is a bunch of FUD is up to you to decide. But my wireless keyboard and mouse combo gave me nothing but problems; I couldn't use both at the same time (e.g. firing and strafing) without weird crap happening.

When it comes to gaming I'm totally old school: CRT monitor and wired keyboard and mouse

Ignore everyone saying anything about Logitech's wireless mice. I had an MX1000 after owning an MX500. The 500 was amazing. Heck, it's still plugged in on my second computer and works just as well as it always did. The 1000, however, was a laggy, heavy piece of crap. Upgraded to a Razer Copperhead and haven't looked back.

I've had the Copperhead since they came out and it still works great. Best mouse I've ever used. The MX500 is still good, though not as good as the Copperhead. The MX1000 completely crapped out on me and won't track on any surface except for the black underside of a blue mousepad. Otherwise, it jumps all over the place.

I use a simple Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3. I love it, glides realy nice and it's really comfortable.

Make sure whatever you buy is comfortable. If you're gonna be using it for hours on end, you're gonna hate it if it hurts, no matter the performance.

Gotta go wired, as long as the wire is thin, it's much better than wireless. When gaming, nothing is worse than the batteries dying in the middle of a match, or interference while fighting prince in kara...

Anyways, if you are looking for a cheap alternative go for the Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 (4 button + 1 click wheel). Had mine for over a year now, and it's crazy impressive for a mouse under $30.00.

The main problem that is seen is the placement of the side buttons, every review I've seen has the writer being a little QQ'ers about the buttons not being in the "perfect" placement.

Personally I prefer having to move my fingers to hit the buttons, so I do not hit them by accident... it just took some time to get used to the placement.

Another downside is it only runs at 1000dpi, which is still much better than an optical, but not as high as a razer, or logitech.

Weight is also a big plus, as this thing is probably the lightest mouse I've ever owned.

Now the big selling point I see is the wire, I have never had a problem with it, perfect thickness to provide stability, yet it never gets in the way, it's almost like it's not there.

Oh and one last thing... This is probally your best bet if you are left handed.

Just nabbed myself a slightly used Razer Copperhead (red!) for $25 shipped - awesome deal, thanks to this thread for pointing out some good mice ;)

Hey Roufuss where did you get your copperhead at? Right now I am just looking for where I can find the best deal on either the copperhead or the G5.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey Roufuss where did you get your copperhead at? Right now I am just looking for where I can find the best deal on either the copperhead or the G5.[/QUOTE]

A computer forum I have started to frequent, since CAG sucks for computer game deals and discussions, imo.

Easy to find good deals when people are upgrading, or deciding they don't like the mice they bought, and sell stuff for cheap.

I use a Wacom tablet for all my gaming and drawing and its the nicest feeling mouse with the most precise control I've owned. Its wireless but uses the pad to sense the position so it doesn't skip or freeze while playing. Plus you can use it as a drawing tablet too ; )

I just nabbed myself a Logitech G5 Battlefield 2142 edition off of ebay for 35 dollars shipped.

Thanks though everyone for your replies.

Nice choice. I got the logitech g5 and I wont just say oh its the best mouse because I have it... I have had a couple mouses die on me and this logitech g5 makes me feel like a king with its ultralight (i use it light for shooters) heft, and its insane accuracy. Darthbudge, if your playing shooters and want top notch accuracy, I suggest setting your g5 to 2000dpi, and then set your INGAME mouse sensitivy down. Doing the reverse (400 dpi, very high in game sensitivy), will cause you to lose obscene amounts of mouse data (bad aim). I also find the slick surface of the majority of the mouse, then the grippy sides to be suprisingly enjoyable to use. Using my brothers old shitty mouse makes me want to kill myself now.

I have a G7 and the battery life is shit now. It used to be pretty good, but now I have to change it pretty often. Good thing it comes with two.

I've tried the new fangled Razers. I hate them. Not comfortable for long sessions, not enough buttons, tiny slit buttons. I love the MX518. Best mouse I've found. To each their own. I know alot of people love the Razers though.

I had looked at a few (Razer, MS Habu, MX518...) and I got the G5 mostly due to price(it was on sale at best buy and I had a gift card, so it only cost me a little over $20), but I do not regret my decision at all.

I think I am one of the few gamers who prefers weight in a mouse. I am much better at fps games with a mouse that has a decent amount of weight to it then I am with the razer I have. I still use the mx 700 despite owning the razer.

[quote name='darthbudge']I agree totally, that is why I chose the G5 because I could adjust the weight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, before I bought it I thought the adjustable weight was just a gimmick, but it's a feature I actually really like.

bread's done
Back