Good GBA games for children?

Cornfedwb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, this relates to my other post looking for SP deals.. but on behalf of a friend of mine I'm looking for some good GBA games for a rather advanced 8 or 9 year old girl. Any ideas are appreciated.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Ok, this relates to my other post looking for SP deals.. but on behalf of a friend of mine I'm looking for some good GBA games for a rather advanced 8 or 9 year old girl. Any ideas are appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Well let's see, Mario Kart, any of the Mario platformers released on the system, some of the pokemon's Perhaps, there really are tons of games available that would be perfectly suited for a child of any age.

Do you have any notions about what kind of games she likes to play? Puzzle games are probably a safe bet, I know I had loads of fun with Chu Chu Rocket at the GBA launch.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Well let's see, Mario Kart, any of the Mario platformers released on the system, some of the pokemon's Perhaps, there really are tons of games available that would be perfectly suited for a child of any age.

Do you have any notions about what kind of games she likes to play? Puzzle games are probably a safe bet, I know I had loads of fun with Chu Chu Rocket at the GBA launch.[/QUOTE]

I thought GBA never got a Mario Kart, just DS?

Yeah, if she likes Puzzle games, Chu Chu Rocket is insanely fun...but I would recommend the Dr.Mario/Puzzle League compilation instead. Puzzle League is the best puzzle game ever made, ever. No question.

...if not puzzle games, I'd certainly recommend any of the platformers (particularly Super Mario Bros. Advance 4: SMB3). If she's a reader, perhaps Mario and Luigi would be good...it's an RPG, but not too story-driven.

For platformers, Ty, Rayman, and Pacman World are all good. There's also a Crash/Spyro pack out there, and they were good on the PS1.

Not to mention they've probably licensed her favorite show and given it a game.

The Mario off-shoots (tennis, golf, kart, party) are typically released in portable form, besides on the console. The exception would be Baseball and the upcomming Strikers.

Wario Ware: TWISTED!

A very, very fun game with unique/easy controls. The game has a pretty simple premise and level progression. Plus the abundance of neat & quirky minigames/toys, etc.

bread's done
Back