Good mystery games?

cdietschrun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Im looking for some good mystery games on the likes of CSI or Law and Order, mayby some adventure type games like Myst? Any ideas?

If you want, you can get Nancy Drew! Seriously.

Or kinda-mystery ones could be: Silent Hill series, Alone in the Dark series (good luck finding those).\

Or, if you want a spooky one, get American McGee's Alice. Beautiful game.

If you're interested in pretty old stuff, there's at least one Zork game that had the look like Myst. Also there were the two... Journeyman Project games. Those were awesome. But again, so so old now. lol

The Gabriel Knight Series has always been a favorite of mine, they are kinda of dated now, but still very enjoyable. I was able to pick up Part 3 for $2 at Frys acouple of weeks ago.

g04589jc3aj.jpg

Deus Ex (first one, second one so-so),
Fallout 1 and 2
Still Life (a really really good PC mystery but stop playing at the safe puzzle)
Deju Vu series (kinda like the atmosphere setting)
Phoenix Wright Series
Snatchers (for sega saturn ... well worth your time if you can get it)

Um ... thats all i can remember at this point and time.

[quote name='keithp']The Longest Journey is good. Had a sequel too, but find the original if you can.[/quote]

Sequel is called Dreamfall, which just happened to recently release a Game of the Year edition that includes The Longest Journey with it. It's $30 at Amazon as opposed to buying both seperately for $10 more.

I also hear some decent things about Broken Sword which nobody seemed to of mentioned yet. Also Syberia which has already been mentioned. All of which are adventure games.

16 posts, and no one says Ripper?

You people should be ashamed.

'Course, actually tracking that down - and in a playable state - is going to be hell. If someone DOES know of one, please let me know.

This thread seems to have become a "what are good adventure games?" moreso than pure mystery games, but any thread talking about adventure games is worthwhile.

But mystery games are click-and-point like adventure games. A lot of adventure games can easily be classified as a mystery game.

*Shameless plug*

I have an older PC game called "In the 1st Degree" that I've been trying to get rid of because it no longer works on my PC. It is similar to Phoenix Wright in the sense that you are a prosecutor digging up clues and questioning witnesses to convict a guy of murder but it has a serious storyline compared to the cute Phoenix Wright. If the OP or anyone is interested in buying or trading for it, PM me!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/inthefirstdegree/review.html?sid=2535527&q=in%20the%20first%20degree&tag=result;title;0

[quote name='darthbudge'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Indigo Prophecy was very good.[/QUOTE]I double that.[/QUOTE]

I triple that.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Hotel Dusk for DS yet. Good game.

There are some decent mystery casual games. I'm kind of addicted to the Mystery Case Files games and Agatha Christie: Death on the Nile is ok too.

[quote name='whoislain']I don't think anyone has mentioned Hotel Dusk for DS yet. Good game.

There are some decent mystery casual games. I'm kind of addicted to the Mystery Case Files games and Agatha Christie: Death on the Nile is ok too.[/QUOTE]

Probably because this is the PC forum, and the OP is asking about PC games.

Syberia
Syberia II
Kings Quest Collection
Space Quest Collection
Police Quest Collection
Gabriel Knight Series
Nancy Drew Series(I'm serious, they're good)
Agatha Cristie's _________ series
Myst Series
Zork Anthology
Any Infocom game.

bread's done
Back