Good news on the TV Shows on DVD front :-D

Staind204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Good news today for those of us who are fans of TV Shows on DVD. Today Degrassi : Season Two was announced as was TMNT (The Original Cartoons) Season Two. Can't wait :D

Yep I have both Degrassi S1 and TMNT S1. Degrassi has 15 original episodes so they aren't edited like you see on The N. Not that there is much to be edited but for example in one show they say ASSHOLE, which of course The-N cuts out. TMNT S1 actually is comprised of like 5 Season One episodes (all there were) and 4 of the last episodes.

I just hate how companies take so long to release the seasons, a good example of this is The Simpsons. I can understand though too because they want to milk each release for all it's worth. At the rate these TMNT ones are comming (one a year) we won't see them all released till around 2012 :whistle2:(

Degrassi is teh evil! it has the n-word, abortions and even nudity! canada is teh trying to corrupt our children!

First the wardrobe nipple, then gay spongebob and now this!

What version of Degrassi? I think S1 of Degrassi Junior High, which is the one I grew up watching, is coming out next week.

tvshowsondvd.com rocks.

[quote name='eldad9']Degrassi is teh evil! it has the n-word, abortions and even nudity! canada is teh trying to corrupt our children!

First the wardrobe nipple, then gay spongebob and now this![/quote]

Yah . . . what's that all aboot, eh? :lol:

[quote name='BillyBob29']Scrubs was also recently announced for DVD release. Season 1 will hit sometime in May....the 17th I think.[/quote]

:notworth: Yay!

[quote name='Staind204']I just hate how companies take so long to release the seasons, a good example of this is The Simpsons. I can understand though too because they want to milk each release for all it's worth.[/quote]

The Simpsons at least have a decent excuse for taking a while IMO, in that they get (usually relevant) people in to do a commentary track for every single episode. I love those tracks and usually go through each season watching (in order) every episode normally, then immediately rewatch it with the commentary track.

I love the little nuggets of info on the commentary tracks. For example in Krusty Gets Kancelled there is a scene where Krusty is singing on some steps and they do a few cross fades to a different angle. Didn't occur to me that since this is animation they had to carefully duplicate Krusty's pose and movements from each angle to do the fade. Pretty neat.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='gmzone']There is a season one of the old TMNT cartoon??? I did not know that.[/quote][/quote]

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - "Season" 1

First season only had 5 episode and they basically string together to form the first story of their encounter with Shredder.

There are 4 other episodes on it which apparently aired in the UK, but not the US, they are from much later seasons. All 4 episodes involve the same villian, but they are all from different points from different seasonsr leaving you wondering sometimes "what the hell is going on" when an episode in the middle of a multi-episode story.

There are not any special features that I remember, and the video quality is a few steps above VHS. It was a nice nostalgic trip through my childhood, and I will be looking forward to renting Season 2 of the original TMNT when it is released on dvd.

I've just had a revelation, after a decade of wondering why "Leonardo leads Donatello's dust machine" it just now dawned at me that the theme song guy must have been singing. "Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines." Which of course makes a lot more sense. :lol:

[quote name='nickmad']what the hell is Degrassi?[/quote]

It's a bit like a canadian 90210. That's the best I can describe it.

I've watched quite a few episodes in my day. :oops:

Scorch, thanks a ton for the tvshowsondvd link. I just used it to find out the 1st season of the Bob Newhart Show is (finally) coming out in April! And it's only $21 on Amazon & Deep Discount! :D I am very happy!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='nickmad']what the hell is Degrassi?[/quote]

I've watched quite a few episodes in my day. :oops:[/quote]

It's a half hour show that tackled real issues teenagers face (birth/abortions/suicide/relationships/sexual identity/alcoholism/drugs/death/pedophiles/epilepsy/cancer/AIDS etc).

The focus wasn't humor or sex - the kids are a completely average bunch, compared to 90210's schools for attractive people only - but rather change, growth, and dealing with problems, with the help of good friends.

The series was unique - that kind of stuff probably can't be aired today in dubya's america, though I haven't watched TNG.

[quote name='Staind204']I just hate how companies take so long to release the seasons, a good example of this is The Simpsons. I can understand though too because they want to milk each release for all it's worth. At the rate these TMNT ones are comming (one a year) we won't see them all released till around 2012 :whistle2:([/quote]

The worst Offender has to be Law and Order... They've released the first 2 seasons and the most recent one (and there was about a year and a half wait between the first season and the second). Only 11 seasons to go guys! at this rate we'll probably go through 2 more format life cycles before they finish.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='nickmad']what the hell is Degrassi?[/quote]

I've watched quite a few episodes in my day. :oops:[/quote]

It's a half hour show that tackled real issues teenagers face (birth/abortions/suicide/relationships/sexual identity/alcoholism/drugs/death/pedophiles/epilepsy/cancer/AIDS etc).

The focus wasn't humor or sex - the kids are a completely average bunch, compared to 90210's schools for attractive people only - but rather change, growth, and dealing with problems, with the help of good friends.

The series was unique - that kind of stuff probably can't be aired today in dubya's america, though I haven't watched TNG.[/quote]

TNG is basically the same thing. Thanks for explaining it much better than I could.

bread's done
Back