Good off-road racing games on 360?

Sinistar

CAGiversary!
I am looking to get a couple of off-road racing games on the 360 for a gift for a relative. What are some good ones?
I know Motorstorm is a PS3 exclusive, but are there any similar games on 360? I thought Rainbow studios made a ATV game on next gen, but I haven't been keeping up with racing games much except for Burnout Paradise. :)

Thanks.

I don't have Dirt but I can say that Pure handles like a mario kart game which makes for some fairly simplistic control schemes with some hard packed racing. Making one mistake in a race costs you the race (really frustrating). But on the whole a damn solid game. Especially if you can snag it for less than $20.

[quote name='Magehart']I don't have Dirt but I can say that Pure handles like a mario kart game which makes for some fairly simplistic control schemes with some hard packed racing. Making one mistake in a race costs you the race (really frustrating). But on the whole a damn solid game. Especially if you can snag it for less than $20.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that, I am always able to catch back up after failing a move or falling off the ledge. I guess it depends on the difficulty, skill, and course, but I find Pure a little bit on the easy side. Very adrenaline rush game though.

FUEL is coming out at the end of this month, and offers 5,000 square miles of land and 100,000 miles of road/track, much of which is dirt. Might be just what you're looking for, as long as it turns out to be good. Do some research, and keep it in mind.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I dunno about that, I am always able to catch back up after failing a move or falling off the ledge. I guess it depends on the difficulty, skill, and course, but I find Pure a little bit on the easy side. Very adrenaline rush game though.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the final string of levels and it's frustrating for me :bomb:. Maybe it's because I haven't played a racing game in eons.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']FUEL is coming out at the end of this month, and offers 5,000 square miles of land and 100,000 miles of road/track, much of which is dirt. Might be just what you're looking for, as long as it turns out to be good. Do some research, and keep it in mind.[/QUOTE]

You have now piqued my interest. Bastard. I don't want to spend more money.

bread's done
Back