Good Offline Co-Op Games

keviningeorgia

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for some good Cheap Ass Co-op games to play with my wife..
She isn’t much into the FPS. She is a big Harry Potter fan so is into those games and has also enjoyed GTA and she just started Morrorwind. I've got Halo and she plays it but she would really like a Co-OP RPG but I haven’t found anything yet..

I've heard Hunter is a pretty good CO-OP.
What else is out there that is more of a CO-OP RPG or Adventure than FPS.
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

The best Co-Op experience I have had with friends and family is any of the games in the Lord of the Rings Collection by EA. Each one has a decent co-op mode and each will bring you hours of time together. Also, they are light on the wallet because each one costs $20 or less.

Since your wife is into fantasy RPG's I have to second the what two other people have said, and recommend either the Baldurs Gate series or Lord of the Rings. Both are heavy on the hack and slay side, but they are fun to play.

If I had to choose one, I would go with the Return of the King.

D&D Heroes, Fallout BoS, etc.

IGN actually did a decent feature on co-ops awhile ago...

Link and Link

Hopefully that'll help out some...Make sure you catch "the others" list near the end that rattles of a big list of co-op games from 2004.

[quote name='rockhero']Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2
Champions of Norath[/quote]
My fiance and I had a ton of fun with these games as well... Especially Champions which has a sequel set to release in about 3 weeks.

I would not recommend Hunter (unless you're into the books or whatever it's based on) because the story is ridiculous, gameplay is tedious [not fun], and just after playing GOOD games in the same genre such as the ones quoted, it just makes them seem that much worse...

There are some more traditional RPGs that have Co-op, such as Tales of Symphonia or LOTR: The Third Age, however the 2nd player only plays during battles which is pretty boring unless they don't mind watching most of the time.

Also, Phantasy Star Online is very, very, very addicting... The story isn't much, the graphics aren't really that special, and the game really isn't very long... but man is it fun! I played every day with my fiance for about 5 months (somewhere around 800-900 hours total) until it caused me to fail one of my classes, then I had to quit...

Edit: Didn't notice that this was in the XBox discussion forum... well most of what i mentioned is on xbox

If you would like to get real simple nad real cheap you could go pick up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the bargain bin. Granted the game is not much fun, but it will be easy for her to get into it.

Thank you for all the comments about good Co-OP games..

Picked up at my local EBGames about a week ago.
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 ( Wife is enjoying it)
Hunter: Redeemer ( I'm loving this one, I'm a White Wolf fan)

Had a gift card I needed to used so got in on the Buy 1 get 1 half off at GameRush .
All of these were marked $16.99 ( So got 3 of them for $8.50 each)
Timesplitters 2
LOTR: Return of the King
007: Everything or Nothing
Kingdom Under Fire
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Namco Museum( Had to get it for Pacman, DigDug & Galaga)

It's a BAD thing having a Gamerush within a mile of my work .. Lunch was fun today .

Guess I'm set for Co-op for a while.. :)

Thanks,
Kevin

bread's done
Back