Good Old Games

NxCmp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was just wondering who else here in the CAG Community uses gog.com

For those who don't know what it is, Good Old Games is a website that offers older games at either 5.99$ or 9.99$. The games are DRM free, you get free bonus content like manuals, avatars, wallpapers, soundtracks and more for no extra cost and you can redownload the content as many times as you like.

Take a look.

[quote name='NxCmp']I was just wondering who else here in the CAG Community uses gog.com

For those who don't know what it is, Good Old Games is a website that offers older games at either 5.99$ or 9.99$. The games are DRM free, you get free bonus content like manuals, avatars, wallpapers, soundtracks and more for no extra cost and you can redownload the content as many times as you like.

Take a look.[/QUOTE]

GOG has a lot of freeware games that have been highlighted on my list - Check the forum or my signature for a link.

Many here use and talk about it often.

[quote name='NxCmp']I was just wondering who else here in the CAG Community uses gog.com

Take a look.[/QUOTE]

Do you work for gog? Because that post stinks of self promotional advertisement spam.

And yes, I use gog often. I break my no digital content rule for them because they are the exceptional exception.

Now if they would only release the dark eye, darkseed, silverload, shadow warrior, harvester, shadow of the comet and a few other choice titles Id be a happy man.

I don't think that they work for GOG, as I've written similar posts in the past. Although that was before their "joke" where for a week they pretended that they'd been permanently shut down and nobody could access their accounts or redownload their games.

Good old games. Bad old sense of humor. ^^

Just wanted to recommend that folks take a look at Nox on GOG. It's kind of like Diablo II but with faster action, less emphasis on Loot, and more emphasis on storyline and humor. It's only 5.99 and got overlooked when released because it came out close to the same time as Diablo II. Very nice graphics for it's time and more cheerful / colorful than the Diablo Games.

[quote name='gargus']Do you work for gog? Because that post stinks of self promotional advertisement spam.

And yes, I use gog often. I break my no digital content rule for them because they are the exceptional exception.

Now if they would only release the dark eye, darkseed, silverload, shadow warrior, harvester, shadow of the comet and a few other choice titles Id be a happy man.[/QUOTE]

I don't think OP was trying to do this, but I personally wouldn't mind if GOG spammed here a little. They are legit and sell inexpensive games that are usually good ones, which is perfect for cheap ass gamers. They are a small time operation and could use the support (which will allow them to release more good and inexpensive games). Plus, maybe Cheapy could make some money if he were to set up an affiliate program with them a la Amazon.

[quote name='gargus']Do you work for gog? Because that post stinks of self promotional advertisement spam.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.

I've been a member of gog for over two years. When I first joined, I wasn't as big of fan of the site as a lot of the other members were. Most of the games didn't appeal to me (I joined basically for the Fallouts). Their library has gotten much better over those two years though. There is some really good stuff on there, and I definitely recommend the site.

bread's done
Back